• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

November Positives!

I got all but BOG dinner on my ADR day but have since found one. On my ADR day I got:

1900 Park Fare dinner
Via Napoli dinner
Sanaa dinner
Cape May breakfast
The Plaza for before MVMCP (still hoping to change this to BOG)
50's Prime Time
CRT early breakfast
Beaches & Cream

I got a BOG dinner for a different night just by checking A LOT but I'm still hoping to get it the night before we go to the party. Since my ADR I decided to upgrade our FD to the deluxe plan so I've added 1900 Park Fare breakfast, Chef Mickey's brunch, Tusker House breakfast, Crystal Palace lunch, Kona breakfast and dinner, and a Boma breakfast. I'm still trying to add Ohana and none of the ones I added recently are at my desired times but I took what I could get and am hopeful I will be able to get what I want as it gets closer.

Well, I am not sure if these count as positive or not, but I feel pretty good considering...I am a total rookie in terms of planning. I've been to WDW once before in 2012 but didn't plan that trip. Several months ago, I booked a family trip in mid-November for three days in MK, 5 days total travel. Became overwhelmed pretty quickly so invested some serious time in figuring things out. I got up early to book ADRs on the 180 day mark, etc. After a while I realized, since we are pulling the kids out of school anyway, we really should take advantage of both weekends bookending our trip. So then I went back and extended the trip. Now we are planning on being there seven full days plus two days of travel, visiting three of the four parks (no Epcot). Of course, now I was outside of the 180 window and ADRs much, much harder to come by. Here is what we have:
On ADR day, I got:
Hoop Dee Doo Revue
Crystal Palace
Cape May (I subsequently canceled this)
Wishes Dessert party
We also purchased tickets to MVMCP, but that occurred prior to the 180 day mark.
I tried for CRT and BOG, of course, but instead of the plus 9 that I would have been able to book had I planned correctly the first time, I could only book plus four, leaving with me almost no shot.

When I extended the trip, I was able to add on my own:
The Plaza
Mama Melrose
Whispering Canyon
Dinner at Park Fare (with Cinderella), albeit at 8:25 p.m. but still

Then I subscribed to Dining Scout. I immediately got Tusker House, and am crossing fingers for BOG, Hollywood and Vine, CRT, or better times for any that I have already booked.

Considering that my first foray into this planning process was fraught with my own missteps, I feel pretty good!

Well, I am not sure if these count as positive or not, but I feel pretty good considering...I am a total rookie in terms of planning. I've been to WDW once before in 2012 but didn't plan that trip. Several months ago, I booked a family trip in mid-November for three days in MK, 5 days total travel. Became overwhelmed pretty quickly so invested some serious time in figuring things out. I got up early to book ADRs on the 180 day mark, etc. After a while I realized, since we are pulling the kids out of school anyway, we really should take advantage of both weekends bookending our trip. So then I went back and extended the trip. Now we are planning on being there seven full days plus two days of travel, visiting three of the four parks (no Epcot). Of course, now I was outside of the 180 window and ADRs much, much harder to come by. Here is what we have:
On ADR day, I got:
Hoop Dee Doo Revue
Crystal Palace
Cape May (I subsequently canceled this)
Wishes Dessert party
We also purchased tickets to MVMCP, but that occurred prior to the 180 day mark.
I tried for CRT and BOG, of course, but instead of the plus 9 that I would have been able to book had I planned correctly the first time, I could only book plus four, leaving with me almost no shot.

When I extended the trip, I was able to add on my own:
The Plaza
Mama Melrose
Whispering Canyon
Dinner at Park Fare (with Cinderella), albeit at 8:25 p.m. but still

Then I subscribed to Dining Scout. I immediately got Tusker House, and am crossing fingers for BOG, Hollywood and Vine, CRT, or better times for any that I have already booked.

Considering that my first foray into this planning process was fraught with my own missteps, I feel pretty good!

For booking later and doing your own, you did a fantastic job! Have a great trip.

My honeymoon trip is in November. I booked at 180, and got:

Dinners:
BOG
Narcoossee's
California Grill
Marrakesh
Yachtsman
Crystal Palace

Lunches:
Sci Fi
Beaches and Cream
Coral Reef

Breakfasts:
CRT
'Ohana
Chef Mickeys

I was so worried because FD is happening during part of our trip, but I'm very relieved now that the reservations are made!

This is our first trip to Disney so I was extremely nervous about making ADRs at 180 days. Needed to be flexible with date and time but got pretty much everything we wanted. Sooo relieved! My 6 year old daughter doesn't know that we're going yet but she's going to be ecstatic when she finds out! :)

CRT lunch
BOG lunch and dinner
Akershus dinner
CP dinner
H&V lunch
Chefs de France dinner
BBB (pre-opening)

This is our first trip to Disney so I was extremely nervous about making ADRs at 180 days. Needed to be flexible with date and time but got pretty much everything we wanted. Sooo relieved! My 6 year old daughter doesn't know that we're going yet but she's going to be ecstatic when she finds out! :)

CRT lunch
BOG lunch and dinner
Akershus dinner
CP dinner
H&V lunch
Chefs de France dinner
BBB (pre-opening)
Good job!! I'de say you scored big time!

I just finally managed to get a dinner reservation at The boathouse on 4 November. It had been all booked out for my 9 days but I checked again today and there were tons that had opened up.

I haveonly two dinners (Boathouse and California Grill). Most of my ADRs are breakfast because I want to cram in as many food and Wine festival booth dinners as I can :)

Going November 8-19. Got lots of good stuff:
Tusker house lunch
Bog lunch
O'hana dinner
Teppan Edo
Via Napoli
California grill
Cinderellas royal table
Ragland road
Minnie's holiday dinner
Boathouse dinner

Can't wait!!

We're going Nov 10-18 and got pretty well everything we wanted. Maybe a couple of times could be tweaked yet but I'm very pleased!

Garden Grill dinner
Crystal Palace dinner and pre park opening breakfast
Mama Melrose Fantasmic! Dinner package
CRT dinner and pre park opening breakfast
Tusker house dinner
BOG dinner on our MVMCP night
Wishes Dessert Party

Funny I looked at my original post back in June and my ADRs are so different now! I've moved and cancelled and tweaked times so considering how tricky November has been I guess that's a positive too!

My new itinerary that I'm much happier with is

Garden Grill pre opening breakfast
CP pre park bfast and BOG dinner
Mama Melrose Fantasmic
BOG bfast and CRT dinner
Tusker House bfast, BBB and 1900 PF dinner
BOG Bfast and CP late lunch on our MVMCP night.

Lots of changes so anyone feeling stressed that you won't get what you want, it can happen!

We're going 11/12 - 11/20 and got everything we wanted, at the times we wanted:

Hollywood & Vine Fantasmic! lunch
1900 Park Fare dinner
Rose & Crown dinner (timed for IllumiNations)
Tony's Town Square dinner
Crystal Palace pre-park opening breakfast (happy birthday to me!)
BOG dinner (again - happy birthday to me!)
Boma breakfast

Super excited!

Looks like mine have changed a little bit, too - but for the better! Now we have:

Garden Grill pre-park opening breakfast
Minnie's Holiday Dine at Hollywood & Vine dinner (with Fantasmic!)
Whispering Canyon Cafe breakfast
1900 Park Fare dinner
Yak & Yeti lunch

Super happy - and super excited!!!

I have gotten everything I wanted in the last few months, except a 1900 park fare dinner. Still hoping to get that one!

I was able to grab CRT and BoG for my princess obsessed daughter and Garden Grill for my son who really wants to meet Chip and Dale. Those are the ones that really mattered to the kids, so I guess it was a victory?

Looks like mine have changed a little bit, too - but for the better! Now we have:

Garden Grill pre-park opening breakfast
Minnie's Holiday Dine at Hollywood & Vine dinner (with Fantasmic!)
Whispering Canyon Cafe breakfast
1900 Park Fare dinner
Yak & Yeti lunch

Super happy - and super excited!!!
Happy birthday to you!! That's a great way to celebrate. Way to go!

We are going Nov 14-21 and got:

The Boathouse
California Grill
La Hacienda de San Angel
Jiko
Sci-Fi Dine In
Narcoossee's
Tony's Town Square
Beaches and Cream
Coral Reef
Be Our Guest (Breakfast)

Plus the beginning of the trip, Food and Wine will still be going on, so I think we will be eating pretty good all week!

I STILL can't figure this one out....

Sandy and I are going Nov 12-21. We were able to book every single Res for Breakfast and Dinner - breakfast at Whispering Canyon every day at 9:00 AM, and Dinner at a SIG each night. All at our 180. And it all worked perfectly (of course, I screen captured all the RES numbers & saved the cnf emails :).

We have:

BOG breakfast
Sci Fi
Minnie's holiday dine
Bongos
Crystal Palace breakfast
Garden Grill breakfast
Whispering Canyon dinner
Yak & Yeti
Hoop Dee Doo
Ohana breakfast

I felt lucky to snag an Ohana dinner at the 180 day point, but we decided it didn't end up fitting our schedule and I cancelled. I'm not sure if I regret that decision or not. They are so hard to come by and I've never been, but have heard mixed reviews.

I think I did well. It was a struggle right at 180 but with time I have gotten what we wanted:
Boma dinner
TH brunch
CRT dinner
H&v pre RD
Sci fi lunch
Sanaa dinner
CP breakfast
Bog dinner
Boma breakfast

(Staying AKL)

10 Days 10-31 to 11-9
Halloween Dessert party (not sure if i am keep this)
Ohana breakfast
Calli Grill
Hollywood and Vine breakfast
F&W Sampler Package
1900PF breakfast
Hollywood Brown Derby
Tusker pre RD ADR
The Boarthouse
BOG Pre RD ADR
Boma Breakfast
50's PT
BOG Dinner
Beaches and Cream (KITHEN SINK)
Garden Grill pre RD ADR
CRT on MVMCP
Olivias for breakfast on departure day We are staying at OKW

So i did ok LOL ok ok ok i did really good but i am missed Chef Mickeys and Akershus which isn't the end of the world now that the buffet table is gone from Akershus my DD wouldn't be happy

ON TO MAKE FP+ TOMORROW AT MIDNIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone is doing so well getting great ADR's!! I'm still hoping to get a couple more. I'm hopeful seeing the posts on this thread!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter