November or March? Fantasy or Magic??

Lisavince3

Mouseketeer
Hi, we have cruised twice before, on the Dream and Wonder. As I have been
trying to plan our next cruise, I started out wanting to book the Fantasy for Thanksgiving week in 2015. However, it's pretty pricey. So now I'm trying to decide between the 5-night Western Caribbean on the Magic (11/20/15), the 7-night Western Caribbean on the Magic (3/1/15), or the 7-night Eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy (2/28/15). If we did the November cruise, my DDs wouldn't miss school, which is awesome. But I'm not sure if that's a good time to go weather-wise, and it's only 5 nights. Also, we would return the day before Thanksgiving and I am afraid the airports will be a zoo that day. If we went in February/March, we would have an extra 2 nights on the ship, but my kids would miss 4 days of school (grades 1, 4 and 6--all very good students). I am also unsure as to how the weather is that time of year. Any advice on either times of year, or ship recommendations would be appreciated! Thank you!!

We went to the Western Caribbean in February. The weather was beautiful. In the 80's everyday and sunny. We swam in the ocean at Cozumel and the water felt great! The sea was calm the entire cruise. Also, we took our 7 year old out of school for a week, and he had no trouble catching up on schoolwork when he got back. Feb. is a great month to cruise. Lower rates, less crowded and in our experience great weather! We are planning our next Caribbean cruise for Feb. 2015 with the Magic.

We did a trip to WDW this past november and flew back the day before thanksgiving and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be (11AM flight on SWA to BWI).

I vote for Feb/Mar esp. if you live in a cold weather area- having that Caribbean cruise to look forward to would help get thru some of those snowy days.

Thank you for your replies!

I vote for Feb/Mar esp. if you live in a cold weather area- having that Caribbean cruise to look forward to would help get thru some of those snowy days.[/QUOTE]

We live in Chicago and that is a very good point!

I thought maybe i could piggy back off your topic since mine is very similar. I am also looking between November, December, January and February. Caribbean Cruise (most likely western due to price.) I will aslo have to take my kids out for a week. This will be our first cruise so i was really thinking a 7 day would be the best. But i am wondering about weather and Hurricane season. Thank you for any thoughts on this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter