• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

November Movie Schedule

Tri-circle-D

<font color=peach>Throwing some love to TCD<br><fo
Here are the movies for November, 2009

6:30-Fire Lighting
7:00-7:30-Sing-a-long
7:40- Movie starts
9:15- Second movie starts (Fri. and Sat. only)

1- Sword in the Stone
2- Monsters, Inc.
3- Swiss Family Robinson
4- Tinker Bell and the Lost Treasure
5- Meet the Robinsons
6- Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs/Bedtime Stories
7- Princess Protection Program/WALL-E
8- Mulan
9- Enchanted
10-High School Musical 3
11-Brother Bear
12-Herbie:Fully Loaded
13-Sleeping Beauty/Hannah Montana:The Movie
14-Tarzan/Race to Witch Mountain
15-The Fox and the Hound
16-102 Dalmatians
17-The Princess Diaries 2
18-Lilo and Stitch
19-The Game Plan
20-Pinocchio/Up
21-Beverly Hills Chihuahua/Finding Nemo
22-Jungle Book
23-Cars
24-Snowball Express
25-Ratatouille
26-National Treasure 2
27-101 Dalmatians/Bolt
28-The Rescuers Down Under/Race to Witch Mountain
29-Hannah Montana: The Movie
30-Mary Poppins

TCD

:rolleyes1 patiently, or trying to be patient but not doing a good job of it, waiting for the Dec movie schedule to come out. only 28 more days to go! :lmao:

I was hoping Snowball Express would be Thanksgiving Weekend. Oh well guess we'll have to watch it at home.

Mary Poppins is playing while I'm there! That's one of my all time favorites....although I'm not sure I can sit on those benches for 2 1/2 hours to watch it. At some point you find yourself wishing the spoonful of sugar would choke her and just be done with it. However, the general themes of the movie are so relevant today. There is a run on the bank, everything goes to the birds, and you end up telling your boss to go fly a kite.

Thanks!! Snowball Express is showing while we are there...but what is it? Never heard of it!

OOOh - Tarzan for us. That'll work great! :thumbsup2

Thank you for posting this. I was hoping it would be a cartoon on our night. :)

Thank you for the list!! Looking forward to our trip. I think Cars is playing almost everytime we are there, I love that movie!!
The movie Snowball Express, is that the animated movie with Tom Hanks as the Train Conductor?

Thank you for the list!! Looking forward to our trip. I think Cars is playing almost everytime we are there, I love that movie!!
The movie Snowball Express, is that the animated movie with Tom Hanks as the Train Conductor?

No, the Tom Hanks movie is Polar Express.

I wasn't quite sure about Snowball Express either, so I did some research.

It is a 1972 Disney movie staring good old Dean Jones (how many Disney movies was this guy in?) Here is the plot summary:

When John Baxter inherits a ski resort in the Rocky Mountains, he quits his job in New York and moves the family west to run it. Only to find that the place is a wreck. But together they decide to try to fix it up and run it. But Martin Ridgeway, who wants the property, does everything he can to ensure it will fail.

Dean Jones plays John Baxter. Dick Van Patton also plays a part. Sounds like the kids will love it. Not.

I am kind of surprised that I have never heard of this movie. Donnie, you said you were hoping to see it, is it any good?

TCD

No, the Tom Hanks movie is Polar Express.

I wasn't quite sure about Snowball Express either, so I did some research.

It is a 1972 Disney movie staring good old Dean Jones (how many Disney movies was this guy in?) Here is the plot summary:

When John Baxter inherits a ski resort in the Rocky Mountains, he quits his job in New York and moves the family west to run it. Only to find that the place is a wreck. But together they decide to try to fix it up and run it. But Martin Ridgeway, who wants the property, does everything he can to ensure it will fail.

Dean Jones plays John Baxter. Dick Van Patton also plays a part. Sounds like the kids will love it. Not.

I am kind of surprised that I have never heard of this movie. Donnie, you said you were hoping to see it, is it any good?

TCD

Andrew, we were at the movie one night and SE was playing. We were just going to do the campfire and smores but somehow decided to stay and watch it. It is a funny movie. it seems like Disney had few actors back in the day because DJ was in so many. We ended up buying the movie and have made a tradition to watch it during Christmas Break. It's filmed in the snow so it's tough watching in the heat lol.

Andrew, we were at the movie one night and SE was playing. We were just going to do the campfire and smores but somehow decided to stay and watch it. It is a funny movie. it seems like Disney had few actors back in the day because DJ was in so many. We ended up buying the movie and have made a tradition to watch it during Christmas Break. It's filmed in the snow so it's tough watching in the heat lol.

That's a neat story. Maybe I will have to check it out. A couple of years ago I watched the original Love Bug movie (which also starred Dean Jones), and I was LOL'ing at parts of it. Some of those old Disney movies are so corny, they are hilarious today.

And, Dave, I was thinking about your comments about Mary Poppins, and it got me to thinking that I have not watched that movie since I was a kid. I sure remember parts of it, but definitely not the whole thing. Maybe I'll give that one a try, too.

TCD

BTW- Why hasn't this thread become a sticky yet?

TCD - you should definitely give Mary Poppins a try. It's one of my all time favorites.

That's a neat story. Maybe I will have to check it out. A couple of years ago I watched the original Love Bug movie (which also starred Dean Jones), and I was LOL'ing at parts of it. Some of those old Disney movies are so corny, they are hilarious today.

And, Dave, I was thinking about your comments about Mary Poppins, and it got me to thinking that I have not watched that movie since I was a kid. I sure remember parts of it, but definitely not the whole thing. Maybe I'll give that one a try, too.

TCD

BTW- Why hasn't this thread become a sticky yet?

I got it for 10 bucks at moviestop or whatever you call them. I am waiting on ADG 1 and rides again in the mail as they also are faves.

Snowball Express sounds like a good movie. I will definitely have to go watch it while I am there.

I am hoping the we get some good movie for our stay to choose from. I have two nights that we could do and we are staying the first week of Dec. When will the official Dec List come out?

Oh gosh, Snowball Express is one of my very favorite Disney movies... Pure 70's cheese! I even got my son to watch it and he actually liked it too.

Yes, if you can see it when you are there, go!!! :goodvibes

Mary Poppins is playing while I'm there! That's one of my all time favorites....although I'm not sure I can sit on those benches for 2 1/2 hours to watch it.

LOL! My DH and I were JUST commenting on that less than 2 minutes ago .... we decided if we try to do one of the double-features - we definitely need to bring our own (comfier than those benches) lawn chairs!

I am hoping the we get some good movie for our stay to choose from. I have two nights that we could do and we are staying the first week of Dec. When will the official Dec List come out?

The Dec. movie list is posted on http://www.buildabettermousetrip.com/activity-outdoormovie.php#fort

Don't know your exact dates but:

December 2 - AristoCats
December 3 - Beverley Hills Chihuahua
December 4 - Muppet Christmas Carol / Bedtime Stories
December 5 - Mulan / Princess Protection Program
December 6 - Enchanted
December 7 - Sleeping Beauty
December 8 - Apple Dumpling Gang

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter