November MK Hours

qbmillar

Mouseketeer
I have been anxiously awaiting park hours for the week of 11/13-11/19/16 to make sure that my tentative plans will match up with the hours that I am hoping for. I saw a post on another thread that is showing MK closing at 4:30pm on 11/17 and there is no Christmas Party, any reason that you know of for that?? That was our 1 MK day, so I am freaking out a bit!!

:confused3
I have been anxiously awaiting park hours for the week of 11/13-11/19/16 to make sure that my tentative plans will match up with the hours that I am hoping for. I saw a post on another thread that is showing MK closing at 4:30pm on 11/17 and there is no Christmas Party, any reason that you know of for that?? That was our 1 MK day, so I am freaking out a bit!!
I am wondering the same thing. I don't think I remember a time that MK has closed that early!

It's a cast member recognition party.

Last edited:
It is a private event. Last year on November 17th, DHS was closed at 4pm. This year they are having it at MK.

Ugh...I am happy for those able to go, but this means I need to shift my plans again! o_O

Where are you guys seeing November hours out that far? I am planning our 11/9 to 11/19 trip, and the only day Disney has posted is until 11/13? Are you seeing these on another website? Also, I took notice to VERY different EMH nights for the parks--much different than our previous trips.

It makes it really hard to plan when the hours/shows aren't fully released yet. Why are they waiting? I don't remember this being a problem previous years.

It makes it really hard to plan when the hours/shows aren't fully released yet. Why are they waiting? I don't remember this being a problem previous years.
No kidding. Several current threads about summer travelers who still don't have final hours. Or, worse yet, if these ARE the final hours, they're way shorter than in the past.
I think Disney has created some real frustration by releasing planning tools (180 day dining reservations with no-show fines, FP+, discounts you have to book by certain dates) but not providing all the relevant information like hours and show schedules on the same timetable.
When I planned a fall 2014 trip, lots of people complained here about late changes to posted hours and most seemed to say it was an unusually troublesome planning time. I've seen more and more comments like it ever since.

There have ALWAYS (at least since 2005 when we started going frequently) changed from what's initially posted in the TA calendars. Sometimes at the very last minute. Very often multiple times, and almost always for the better (adding hours). It does feel like overall, updates are happening later on average than they used to.

I think it's worse right now because of AK nighttime changes. It's one thing if MK closes at 11pm vs 10pm, but quite another to plan for AK possibly closing at 6-7pm or 11pm!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter