November/December 2016

GrazingGoat1966

Mouseketeer
Very bloody happy to have just booked our tri-annual DVC trip to DisWorld for 11 days at Kidani from late Nov to early Dec. With a December use year we've been able to use 4 years points so some upgrading was in order. 2 bed Savannah will get a hiding with the MIL, FIL and mad Uncle as well as the three of us.
A week in Vegas will pre-empt Orlando for my big 5-0 and afterwards we'll roadtrip thru the National Parks b/t San Fran and back to Vegas via Utah.
Cant wait just quietly....

Very bloody happy to have just booked our tri-annual DVC trip to DisWorld for 11 days at Kidani from late Nov to early Dec. With a December use year we've been able to use 4 years points so some upgrading was in order. 2 bed Savannah will get a hiding with the MIL, FIL and mad Uncle as well as the three of us.
A week in Vegas will pre-empt Orlando for my big 5-0 and afterwards we'll roadtrip thru the National Parks b/t San Fran and back to Vegas via Utah.
Cant wait just quietly....

Well done on juggling the points for that booking. Did you lose any banked points.

Well done on juggling the points for that booking. Did you lose any banked points.
We have 100 points a yr to use & our booking ended up costing 398 points so we only ended up losing 2 points.
I can definitely live with that!!

We have 100 points a yr to use & our booking ended up costing 398 points so we only ended up losing 2 points.
I can definitely live with that!!

As you would realize you can only use points from two years in any booking. Splitting it at the use year is clever.

As you would realize you can only use points from two years in any booking. Splitting it at the use year is clever.

Slight correction. You can use points from 3 years in any one booking...Bank one year, Use current year & borrow from the following year, which is the way we have done our bookings now for years. However we usually go during Sep or Oct. On this occasion as it is for my 50th, my birthday falls at the end of November so, in order to take advantage of a December use year, we split our stay into 2 separate bookings. Our first booking (which used 100 banked 2015 points & 100 current 2016 points) ended on the 30 Nov. Our 2nd booking (from the 1st Dec onwards) used 100 current 2017 points & 98 borrowed points from 2018.

DVC can be extremely flexible when used sensibly. Part of the reason we invested in the first place!!

Slight correction. You can use points from 3 years in any one booking...Bank one year, Use current year & borrow from the following year, which is the way we have done our bookings now for years. However we usually go during Sep or Oct. On this occasion as it is for my 50th, my birthday falls at the end of November so, in order to take advantage of a December use year, we split our stay into 2 separate bookings. Our first booking (which used 100 banked 2015 points & 100 current 2016 points) ended on the 30 Nov. Our 2nd booking (from the 1st Dec onwards) used 100 current 2017 points & 98 borrowed points from 2018.

DVC can be extremely flexible when used sensibly. Part of the reason we invested in the first place!!

Yes, my mistake. As long as the first part of the booking is using the banked points by the end of the next use year. This happened to us after buying a resale with banked points. We lost 9 points but the purchase was excellent at the peak of the dollar to US and the owner was desperate to sell them.

You need more points LOL. I normally make sure I rent out the excess so I am not having to bank points then there is no risk of losing them.

Booked our flights a couple of weeks back on the 29th Feb Virgin leap year sale day. We booked the 3 of us (along with the Wife & Miss 8) from Per to Lax (via Syd) & return for $3100 in total including all taxes & charges.
In 25 years of visiting the states I've never had a fare that cheap.

Winner winner chicken dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter