November/December 2016 discount code watch

Whoa, never seen so many "unavailable" rooms for a newly released discount. No luck here- hopefully someone got something so it was worth it for Disney to post them. Still crossing my fingers for the AP discounts that may come out.

When I go put in my dates for POR, it says nothing is available, even though all my dates fall within the range. I still don't think it would be better than what my TA got me, anyway.

Seriously, this is just crazy. I put in my dates for both POR and GF, and all I'm getting back is 'no rooms available'.

Not even 20% for moderates - just 15%.

As I just said in another thread, if there truly is no "slower" season at Disney anymore, as much as I adore going, I don't think I'll be going back until/unless I have kids. Disney was always doable for me when I chose one of the Your First Visit top ten weeks to go. If that's not applicable anymore, I will probably skip it and go see more of the big wide world out there.

Wow. I'm only seeing 8 resorts eligible for the offer... Are the others going to stay blacked out? Or do you think they'll open up some rooms later today?

In my experience what's there now is what they're offering. I grabbed a room at ASMo since it was the only "regular" Value room available (Pop not included in the offer, ASMu only had suites, and I honestly don't recall about ASSports as I have no interest in it). I would have loved Port Orleans, but they are more and more NOT included in these discounts; guess they are popular enough to fill via package and/or rack. The other stuff is way out of my budget even with a discount, so I didn't spend too much more time looking!

I can only guess that they just aren't hurting to fill rooms later this year!!

In my experience what's there now is what they're offering. I grabbed a room at ASMo since it was the only "regular" Value room available (Pop not included in the offer, ASMu only had suites, and I honestly don't recall about ASSports as I have no interest in it). I would have loved Port Orleans, but they are more and more NOT included in these discounts; guess they are popular enough to fill via package and/or rack. The other stuff is way out of my budget even with a discount, so I didn't spend too much more time looking!

Thanks for the reply. That's disappointing! So not only no discount for where we wanted to stay, but it'll likely be pretty crowded. This is not a fun Monday morning!

Or maybe a lot more people booked at rack rate hoping to apply a discount. That kind of defeats the purpose since Disney considers those rooms filled so they don't need a discount. It will be interesting to see if people cancel or book less expensive rack rate rooms (changing mod for value, for example). It will also be interesting to see if Zika has any effect on bookings and cancellations this fall. I was also disappointed in the amount of discount, and I'm hoping better ones are available for January.

I guess one thing to keep in mind, as someone pointed out in another thread, is that resort capacity does not necessarily equal crazy attendance at the parks. You could pack every resort full but if no off-site guests came, the parks still wouldn't feel crowded. The bigger question is how many off-site or local guests will be there.

Thank God I booked last week. There is nothing for my dates at values now except Family Suites. I did try to modify my reservation and add the discount, since we just have a standard room at All Star Music, but it showed unavailable for that too. Man, this is nuts!

Only Royal rooms available at POR! :( I'm already booked there, but was hoping to save just a little!!

I just did a search for regular room rates @ WDW for 6 to 13 NOV, without even asking for a discount. The only properties to come up were the Villas @ GF and campsites @ FW. All other hotels were not available for a party of 5. NOTHING!

From my TA-
"I wish I had good news to report, but there was no availability for your travel dates. I looked at a lot of different variables, and called in to Disney to have them check for me as well. I think a big issue was their requirements for the discount- dates are Nov 6- 10, Nov 13- 22 and Nov 26- Dec 23. Because Nov 11 and 12 are excluded, I suspect your length of stay was the problem. We even looked into you doing a split stay, but that didn't work out either."

Checked my 12/3-12/12 dates. Only 5 resorts had available options. All Deluxes aside from AKL excluded. =(

Yeah, I am technically arriving for 11/12, but I put in 11/13 just to see and still couldn't find anything but Royal rooms at POR, and nothing at all at GF.

TA is trying to move us to CBR from POR... for a $200 savings... thats better than nothing. Unfortunately, the other family we were traveling with had to be moved to CSR for a partial stay and then a few nights elsewhere. But it saved them about $300.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter