November/December 2012?

Very excited for everyone traveling soon. We had to put our plans on hold :sad2:. So I need lots of travel reports and pics so I can live through all of you :thumbsup2

Sorry to read this. :hug:

PiO and Travel Mum - I have added you to the op:thumbsup2

Thanks.

Due to free dining being offered we had to change from doing a split stay at AKL and POFQ to choosing one. The cost of doing 1 resort over the other was ENORMOUS so we went with POFQ for the whole time. I was super sad to let go of AKL but in the end the kids said "mum for a saving of $1800, that's an easy decision".

So to answer your question, no we aren't checking into AKL on 9 Dec, sob sob. We are checking into POFQ.

What about yourself?

The PO resorts are nice. Given how much time we spent in the room, I have no issue with staying at a moderate. And if you have time to check it out, the food court at POR is great and I loved the cook to order pasta area there.

And congratulations. You raise some smart kids there. :thumbsup2

shushh said:
Hope she's safe. Is she traveling by herself?

Its a girls trip with 2 others. They have apparently stocked up at magnolia bakery and have champagne so they should be fine lol

Sorry to read this. :hug:

The PO resorts are nice. Given how much time we spent in the room, I have no issue with staying at a moderate. And if you have time to check it out, the food court at POR is great and I loved the cook to order pasta area there.

And congratulations. You raise some smart kids there. :thumbsup2

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm very excited to stay at POFQ, we were always staying there for half the trip originally. I love split stays, it feels like 2 holidays. I was just disappointed to have to choose because I know my kids would have found waking up to a savannah view each day amazing.

But yes, it was very grown up of them to see the financial benefits. It took any hesitation I was feeling away.

Its a girls trip with 2 others. They have apparently stocked up at magnolia bakery and have champagne so they should be fine lol

Hahahaha. I'm giggling about this but having watched some of the footage for Hurricane Sandy this morning it does look very scary. I hope they stay safe.

Ms Shuttergirl I altered the OP to remove your split stay::yes::

Sandy is looking pretty bad, a friend of mine who lives in NY said parked cars were floating down 20th St!

We will be arriving in Manhattan in 3 weeks, glad we are not heading there first but hope everything is better by the time we get there. Would be very scary to be there at the moment:(

Ms Shuttergirl I altered the OP to remove your split stay::yes::

Sandy is looking pretty bad, a friend of mine who lives in NY said parked cars were floating down 20th St!

We will be arriving in Manhattan in 3 weeks, glad we are not heading there first but hope everything is better by the time we get there. Would be very scary to be there at the moment:(

I was thinking the very same thing Dabecs. I'm sure it will all be much more settled but we should be counting our blessings that we missed it. Can you imagine how scary it would be to be in a strange city, in a hotel, with no family/friends/resources when this is happening. Far out.:scared1:

Due to free dining being offered we had to change from doing a split stay at AKL and POFQ to choosing one. The cost of doing 1 resort over the other was ENORMOUS so we went with POFQ for the whole time. I was super sad to let go of AKL but in the end the kids said "mum for a saving of $1800, that's an easy decision".

So to answer your question, no we aren't checking into AKL on 9 Dec, sob sob. We are checking into POFQ.

What about yourself?

Oh that is a bit sad - BUT you could use all that free dining in the AKL restaurants and pretend you are staying there!

I asked cause 9 Dec is my last night at AKL

Oh that is a bit sad - BUT you could use all that free dining in the AKL restaurants and pretend you are staying there!

I asked cause 9 Dec is my last night at AKL

Oh ok, well we fly into Orlando at around 9.30pm and likely won't hit WDW until 11ish at least.

I hope you have a wonderful time, we really need to organise a Canberra Dismeet.

Finished my check in packing. Carry on will be tomorrow night.

I'm down to 2 sleeps.

Finished my check in packing. Carry on will be tomorrow night.

I'm down to 2 sleeps.

OH wow PIO, that has come around quickly. You must be so excited. And such a different adventure without DS. I hope you are planning on doing a TR as I always enjoy your witty take on - well everything. :)

OH wow PIO, that has come around quickly. You must be so excited. And such a different adventure without DS. I hope you are planning on doing a TR as I always enjoy your witty take on - well everything. :)

The PTR/TR is already in full swing on the DLR section of the boards.

(As is the PTR for Sep/Oct 2013.....which is on the WDW section of the boards).

Links are in my siggie....;)

In the hotel in Melbourne, made it this far, so far so good. Thank goodness for DS'S on the flight here kids played them the whole time
I cried leaving dh behind :(
Now to hopefully get some sleep before our 6am wake up call tomorrow!!
Good luck everyone who is flying out in the next week

baf65 said:
In the hotel in Melbourne, made it this far, so far so good. Thank goodness for DS'S on the flight here kids played them the whole time

Good luck! Hope the flight is a smooth one, so sorry you had to leave hubby behind:(
Who are you flying with? I noticed QANTAS are playing a few good kid's movies:)

I think we have a conga line - you depart tomorrow, PiO on Thursday and me on Friday!

Stay safe and happy travels. :goodvibes

Good luck! Hope the flight is a smooth one, so sorry you had to leave hubby behind:(

I think we have a conga line - you depart tomorrow, PiO on Thursday and me on Friday!

Have fun dabecs! And safe travels to you too. :goodvibes

Have a safe flight and a wonderful time! Be sure to report back upon your return or better still update us as you go!

Dabecs, have a safe flight. Hopeing everything clears up in NYC for you, and that it doesn't affect your trip too much.

Can't wait to read about your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter