November/December 2012?

World of Colour is awesome. If you haven't seen it before that's definitely the one to see.
--------------
I've made progress with our day to day plans and have made quite a few more ADRs - even managed to get t-rex. The only thing I can't get is rose and crown for lunch. We've eaten here every trip and I'll be pretty dissapointed if don't this time so I'll keep trying. I really don't think they've released them as I was even able to get CRT - but decided not too as I wasn't excited about the vegetarian meal (and we have eaten breakfast there twice before).
We've booked Sanaa (AKL), 1900 Park Fare (for our anniversary dinner), Crystal Palace, Rainforest Cafe (AK), T-Rex and Wolfgang Puck Cafe. All new to us except for Crystal Palace. The rest of our meals will be CS or in our room. Being vegetarian I've hard to study the menus really well as I lot of places don't have much on offer, or it's not suitable for my girls, who are also veggie (by choice).

Does anyone have any suggestions as to which is the best outlet mall to visit? We'll have a car.

Can't believe how quick the time to passing by. In no time at all it'll be time to pack and head to the airport :-).

ok so I just psyched myself up for it and booked DLH for 5 nights, :eek: that total was alot of money! My workmate who is going next month started to tell me how much their Park Vue room cost and I was like lalalala I don't want to knoooow! (I think I heard $100 per night...)

we have 8 nights at the desert inn & suites and then 3 nights at the disneyland hotel...

the 8 night stay... a fraction of the price of the 3 nights, but ... we get to stay onsite and experience the extra magic :) that's so worth the price to me !!!!!

Yay!!! Its definitely worth it! I'm in a similar situation after having to donate a kidney to stay at the Disneyland Hotel in Paris. Now that the money bit is over, I'm so excited!

Still haven't booked my airfare (struggling with waiting to see if any good deals come out or just go with the Delta/Virgin fare I've been looking at - MEL,NYC,LAX,MEL for $1694). I have though just book WDW with a bit of a change to my original itinerary. I'm now booked at AOA from the 12th to the 17th December, then I'll fly to Anaheim early on the 17th and have that afternoon and most of the 18th at Disneyland and CA before flying home that night.

Now to plan which days at which park as I've decided not to go with park hoppers for a short trip. I'm thinking a day and a half at EPCOT, morning at AK then shopping at DD for the rest of that day, then one day each for the other parks. Still debating whether or not I go to MVMCP - is it worth it for the parade and fireworks? I've worked out its better value to buy a 7 day WDW ticket and use two of the days for DLR than buy separate tickets for each. My only real worry is do I spend the 17th at DLR and see the fireworks or at CA for World of Color?

Decisions, decisions....thank goodness I'm travelling on my own, if I was having to make a plan to include someone else I think I'd go mad!!:crazy:

Luisa, that sounds like a good price for your flights? Definitely see World of Color if you haven't already seen it. It is amazing!

They are impressive videos Ms Shuttergirl - I would love Disney to decortae my place for Christmas:love:

Well I have been playing around with my dining bookings again:surfweb: I just saw on the Touring Plans blog that HDDR is not closing for refurb but they are just changing their dining times. I really wanted to see this, I think my family will all think it is fun and my dad grew up watching Davy Crockett:thumbsup2

It is 2 dining credits so I have ditched Whispering Canyon and Liberty Tree - it's always sad to cancel reservations but I think HDDR will be a special night.

Only 136 days to go! Can't wait to do the double digit dance:woohoo:

omg, magical. thank you for sharing these -- makes me want to jump on a jet plane now :)

Totally, it really actually brought a tear to my eye. I love Christmas and traditions and especially decorations so seeing this made me so excited that I would actually be there seeing all of it, with my family. Wow. I am blessed :grouphug:

Totally, it really actually brought a tear to my eye. I love Christmas and traditions and especially decorations so seeing this made me so excited that I would actually be there seeing all of it, with my family. Wow. I am blessed :grouphug:

Ms Shuttergirl, I will be really interested to hear how you compare going to WDW over winter compared with Sept/Oct. As having a high school aged daughter means we are now limited to travelling inside school holidays and as I cannot imagine going up and back to Orlando within two weeks, if I was ever to get another WDW holiday (it's a long shot but I continue to dream!) with our children, our long summer school holidays are the only time we could realistically consider going. As much as it looks lovely at Christmas, I can't imagine what it would be like if it was too cold to swim at the hotel pools or water parks (and one of them is shut during that time). Or whether you'd avoid water rides because it's too cool to get your clothes wet (that rules out a lot of rides at the Univeral parks :rotfl2:). When I think of Florida, I think hot (or at least warm) and so therefore it's going to be great to get your feedback :thumbsup2

I haven't been in January but I have been in December and Feb before. Both trip it's been varied. Mainly t-shirt weather, definitely swimming and visits to the water parks. But you will have some cool days too, and the nights can get cold. Personally I think it's a great time to go as it's not stinking hot, and the crowds are low.

Ms Shuttergirl, I will be really interested to hear how you compare going to WDW over winter compared with Sept/Oct. As having a high school aged daughter means we are now limited to travelling inside school holidays and as I cannot imagine going up and back to Orlando within two weeks, if I was ever to get another WDW holiday (it's a long shot but I continue to dream!) with our children, our long summer school holidays are the only time we could realistically consider going. As much as it looks lovely at Christmas, I can't imagine what it would be like if it was too cold to swim at the hotel pools or water parks (and one of them is shut during that time). Or whether you'd avoid water rides because it's too cool to get your clothes wet (that rules out a lot of rides at the Univeral parks :rotfl2:). When I think of Florida, I think hot (or at least warm) and so therefore it's going to be great to get your feedback :thumbsup2

I'm interested to see this too. I believe the average day time temps range somewhere between 19-23 degrees so that's not really cold, especially not to us Canberrans :lmao:. To be honest, I think our family will enjoy it more. When we were there in October 2010 the heart and humidity sucked the life out of us and made us so much more tired. Dragging our sweaty backsides around in that heat certainly took it's toll after a while. But we are a family who doesn't like it really hot so if your family just loves heat I'm not sure whether you would like it cooler. I feel confident that we will have more energy and will see more on this trip because we won't be so tired from the heat. You know how wordy I am Travel Mum, I'm sure to keep you all updates :rotfl2:

I haven't been in January but I have been in December and Feb before. Both trip it's been varied. Mainly t-shirt weather, definitely swimming and visits to the water parks. But you will have some cool days too, and the nights can get cold. Personally I think it's a great time to go as it's not stinking hot, and the crowds are low.

This sounds like perfect weather to me Libby. I can't wait. :cool1:

Yay! Airfares booked thanks to Flight Centres willingness to price match and not charge a booking fee because Expedia don't, was also helped by a well timed email from them with a promo code offering $100 off US flights! So relieved to have that out of the way. Now to finish up the rest of the plans.

Hi Everyone..

Well I'm super happy at the moment.. Not sure what I said or if it was due to the horrible week I had at work and the stress of trying to get the refund back (still) but apparently I can have "one day only and you have to bring us back souvenirs". I am not arguing.. I'll take the one day (since I now fly out one day earlier and come back one day later than I originally planned because it is $500 per person cheaper. Go figure... :confused3

But I am now DLP planning and I have to ask.. Can it be done in one day? Is it smaller than DL? I found a special for their Anniversary that is valid for 6 months from time of purchase and I am hoping that catching the train back at night is safe and I guess the station that we need to get off at and to be able to walk back to the hotel. So the holiday is now double digits and I'm counting.. 61 days to go.. So excited :banana:

In the last 13 months I've had the grand total of 12 days holiday time and two sick days so that I can pay for the trip. I desperately need a holiday!

I get my Disney Fix :banana::banana::banana::banana:

Hi Everyone..

But I am now DLP planning and I have to ask.. Can it be done in one day? Is it smaller than DL? I found a special for their Anniversary that is valid for 6 months from time of purchase and I am hoping that catching the train back at night is safe and I guess the station that we need to get off at and to be able to walk back to the hotel. So the holiday is now double digits and I'm counting.. 61 days to go.. So excited :banana:

I would say no, it's really not possible - BUT you can certainly see the highlights. I would skip the Studios entirely if you're only there for one day (unless you're desperate to ride Crush's Coaster. If so do that FIRST THING and then run back to Disneyland Park). If you want to skip the 'regular' Disney attractions (i.e. Dumbo, Tea Cups) that will save time. However the Dumbo in Paris is BEAUTIFUL. I would prioritize Pirates, Peter Pan, Big Thunder, Space Mountain (keep in mind this one is much faster and inverts - it's not for me), and Buzz. Check out Phantom Manor too as it's excellent but it isn't as high a priority in terms of queues.

Allow more time than you think for Sleeping Beauty Castle. It's a wonderful anchor and I tend to just .. wander .. a lot.

I hit Fantasyland first thing in the morning and do the general touring plan thing: Dumbo, Peter, Snow, Pinocchio, and then head over to Thunder Mesa for Big Thunder. Then pop over to Discoveryland for Buzz/Space Mountain and then check out Pirates in Adventureland and Phantom Manor back in Frontierland. That should set you up relatively well for the rest of your day :).

Thank you Royal Consort...

My mum isn't a big fan of roller coasters and heights but I am hoping to talk her into Thunder Mountain and Space Mountain. I may not get to see everything but I'm happy with just being there for the one day. As long as I come home with Disney gear.

My only concern is getting off the train at the Arc de Triomphe at night and walking back to the hotel. The hotel is only a 6 minute walk but it will be late at night as we want to see the fireworks. Someone said the taxi will be about 60 to 80 euros depending on traffic.

Getting excited about the Be Our Guest announcement tomorrow!! It makes me think November will be a go for reservations. :cool1:

Oh is BOG announced tomorrow? I've saved our last night at WDW for a possible ADR at BOG. Fingers crossed.

Keep an eye on the Disney Blog tomorrow as they are apparently going to give menu details and dates for ADR.

BUT, you never know. They may just say 'Holiday Season 2012' ;)

Fingers crossed for more details!!

oooh can't wait to hear more about Be Our Guest:woohoo: I have read that it will be counter service during the day and table service at night so my plan is to eat lunch there one day if it's open in November :thumbsup2

This being our first trip there are too many places I want to eat, and I don't want to give up any of the reservations I have already made (plus I don't want the stress of trying to get an ADR!:headache:). I can totally see why people would be excited though - the photos I have seen so far look amazing!

Hope too that if they do announce it will open in November that this means the new section will be up and running too:dance3:

Am I the only one who think BOG can't live up to all this hype we're expecting of it?

We seem to imagine grand, sweeping rooms with excellent quality food and I really don't think it is going to be. I may be wrong but with the amount of anticipation, I think many are going to be disappointed.

I was initially really excited and I still somewhat am. But I've checked that as I honestly don't think it will compare to a lot of the ADR's I've already made. Maybe if it was a fine dining experience for dinner, but I don't believe this to be the case.

Am I the only one who think BOG can't live up to all this hype we're expecting of it?

We seem to imagine grand, sweeping rooms with excellent quality food and I really don't think it is going to be. I may be wrong but with the amount of anticipation, I think many are going to be disappointed.

I was initially really excited and I still somewhat am. But I've checked that as I honestly don't think it will compare to a lot of the ADR's I've already made. Maybe if it was a fine dining experience for dinner, but I don't believe this to be the case.

I agree. I am actually more excited about going to Sanaa. But the closer we get to information about BOG the closer we get to information about the other areas opening up in the FLE. That is what I am truly excited about. :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter