November/December 2012?

Soft openings would be perfect:love: I am concerned that if an announcement comes out saying everything will be open by early November then heaps of extra people might go to the park to see the new attractions and it will be much busier...

I agree. It could make an otherwise quiet time, busy. Lets just hope for soft openings so we can get in before twitter and facebook explode and everyone knows :rotfl2:

I watched the Fantasyland presentation video with Imagineer Chris Beatty today. It looks so good :thumbsup2

Sorry dabecs, I missed this question. My DH caught cabs to and from. I think it was something like $25-30 which after he had shopped for 5 hours was money well spent. We think that the saving of time and fuss for us is worthwhile, esp since we don't drive in the US as of yet. But I would definitely consider hiring a car if you'll get a few days use out of it.

We have decided to hire a car - when I mentioned your post to hubby he asked why we wouldn't hire a car when he is looking forward to driving over there! I would :faint: - but this is great news because it will be cheaper and much easier to do KSC and the outlet shopping with a car.

I have just read the thread about Mickey's Halloween party, I didn't realise Christmas party tickets also went on sale May 1st. Has any Nov/Dec Diser thought about buying their MVMCP tickets yet?

I was tempted to buy ours today but then I decided I will wait till I have made my ADRs in case anything has to get moved around. I want to buy them soon though because there are not many dates available for the time we will be there and basically I am a little obsessive about booking things:rotfl2:

Does anyone know why there is a party on Nov 16 and then not another one till the 25th? My plan was to go to the one on the 16th (which is a Friday) but now I am wondering if it will be super busy seeing there is not another party scheduled for 9 days afterwards? Looking at the prices there is no discount for buying early for the 16th which suggests to me they are expecting a crowd:confused:

They are also having the party on the 15th so I might juggle things around and go that night instead:confused3

I have just read the thread about Mickey's Halloween party, I didn't realise Christmas party tickets also went on sale May 1st. Has any Nov/Dec Diser thought about buying their MVMCP tickets yet?

I was tempted to buy ours today but then I decided I will wait till I have made my ADRs in case anything has to get moved around. I want to buy them soon though because there are not many dates available for the time we will be there and basically I am a little obsessive about booking things:rotfl2:

Does anyone know why there is a party on Nov 16 and then not another one till the 25th? My plan was to go to the one on the 16th (which is a Friday) but now I am wondering if it will be super busy seeing there is not another party scheduled for 9 days afterwards? Looking at the prices there is no discount for buying early for the 16th which suggests to me they are expecting a crowd:confused:

They are also having the party on the 15th so I might juggle things around and go that night instead:confused3

Are the December MVMCP dates out? Where would I find them?

I think that there is no MVMCP for 8 days because of Thanksgiving. I think that is why they don't have it that week but I am happy to be corrected on this.

Go on the 15th, that's when we plan on going :thumbsup2

Maybe even the 12th if we can :rotfl:

:santa:

I think that there is no MVMCP for 8 days because of Thanksgiving. I think that is why they don't have it that week but I am happy to be corrected on this.

Go on the 15th, that's when we plan on going :thumbsup2

Maybe even the 12th if we can :rotfl:

:santa:

Yep I've juggled things around - planning MVMCP for the 15th and Fantasmic! for the 16th instead of the other way round.. Still going to wait a week or so before buying tickets while I do a bit more research:surfweb: We are planning AK on the 12th so we could go that night, on the 9th we are planning MK but planning Kennedy SC the following day so would be prefer an early night that night....

Thanks for letting us know tickets are on sale. I'm still very much in the early stages of making day to day plans. I've been to the Halloween party before and loved it and can't wait for the Christmas one. We're there so long I wonder if it's worth going to twice!!!

does disneyland do a christmas party???

we will be there from dec 1 - 11 ... would love to get as much holiday cheer as possible :)

also, does anyone know when santa's reindeer roundup is available?

No DL doesn't do a Christmas Party as such. The MVMCP is wonderful, we have done it twice and we think it is definitely a priority. Santa's Roundup in DL normally starts after thanksgiving. :)

Well we are finally booked. This is my DD last year at school, she turns 18 just after she finishes her HSC in November. So for her 18th birthday DH and I are taking her and her 11 friends to DL for 10 nights. We arrive in Anaheim on 22nd November (thanksgiving) and leave on the 2nd of December so that we are home in time for school speech night, (last one ever, yeah). We thought it would be fun for the girls to have thanksgiving and I can't wait for them to see DL dressed for Christmas. Only 2 of the other girls have been to DL before. I should have mentioned my sister is coming with us, her daughter is one of the 11. Also they are all girls, my DH with 14 females, should be interesting. :rotfl2:

Well we are finally booked. This is my DD last year at school, she turns 18 just after she finishes her HSC in November. So for her 18th birthday DH and I are taking her and her 11 friends to DL for 10 nights. We arrive in Anaheim on 22nd November (thanksgiving) and leave on the 2nd of December so that we are home in time for school speech night, (last one ever, yeah). We thought it would be fun for the girls to have thanksgiving and I can't wait for them to see DL dressed for Christmas. Only 2 of the other girls have been to DL before. I should have mentioned my sister is coming with us, her daughter is one of the 11. Also they are all girls, my DH with 14 females, should be interesting. :rotfl2:

Wow! Can you adopt me?

I've added you to the OP:goodvibes

Hope I haven't missed adding anyone. or any info from anyone, if I have please let me know:thumbsup2

Wow Jenny, how generous of you - are they paying for themselves or are you shouting.
:dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3: :dance3: (is that enough?)

I have a DD in Year 11 and I am suggesting she could go to LA or Hawaii rather than a schoolies type thing -where the only thing affordable is the transport.

Wow that sounds so much more exciting than schoolies I'm sure you will all gave a great time and i must say i feel a little bit sorry for your DH :rotfl:

Battymum, I have been thinking the same re Hawaii instead of schoolies/Bali/Thailand. Haven't mentioned it to my daughter or husband yet. Just mulling it over. ;)

Jenny, what an awesome thing to do for your daughter. Great idea! It sounds like it will be a whole heap for fun.

Well, my life has such been so chaotic of late that I haven't even started planning in proper for our trip to Europe in December. Gasp! Well, things have changed as we bought flights! Yay!!!

We are now leaving one day earlier but saving about $400 person. Flying Emirates for $1923 with only a stop in Dubai on the way there and on the way home so pretty happy.

Let the planning begin!

Jenny, what an awesome thing to do for your daughter. Great idea! It sounds like it will be a whole heap for fun.

Well, my life has such been so chaotic of late that I haven't even started planning in proper for our trip to Europe in December. Gasp! Well, things have changed as we bought flights! Yay!!!

We are now leaving one day earlier but saving about $400 person. Flying Emirates for $1923 with only a stop in Dubai on the way there and on the way home so pretty happy.

Let the planning begin!

Beginning to hear some more about your trip, itinerary, plans:rolleyes1 :love:

Hi Battymum, we are shouting, they just need spending money and money for food. We are very excited about it, hopefully it will be wonderful. :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter