• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

November/December 2012?

It's Dalmation day for us! 101 days to go:) And only 2 days till I can start the double digit dance!

Has any Nov/Dec goers made any new plans or bookings?

dabecs....100 days for me till we leave australia as well ...but 102 days till we arrive in orlando...so will be there at the same time
all i have left to book is our car hire which i have found the best price via alamo booking via the uk!
and finally decided to do MVMCP on 25 nov as thats the day before we fly out so thought it would be a nice end to the holiday, plus we would haev used up our MYW passes a few days beforehand so it will be like a bonus visit!

dabecs
all i have left to book is our car hire which i have found the best price via alamo booking via the uk!

I haven't booked our car yet - can you share where you found the deal?:thumbsup2

I'm from Australia and have travelled to the USA 4 times in the past 2 years. I always book our car through http://www.economycarrentals.com/ This is because I was sick of turning up in the USA (especially in California) and the car places insisting we pay another amount for extra insurance. Normally it's the same amount again as what you have already paid. Using this website you don't have to pay anymore as they have paid extra and cover you. Have a read but it might help someone else. :)

the website i used was http://www.alamo.co.uk/brits it includs all the taxes plus an extra driver in the cost...it was cheaper by about 50GBP than booking on carhire3000 which was the one i was going to book on
we are hiring a 7 seater dodge for 23 days

The others to get a quote from is http://www.uscarhire.com/ also uk based but dollar is doing well against the gb pound!

It also includes all insurance (CDW etc) and included an extra driver for free. might also be worth checking out carrental8.

Thanks everyone:) Will check out all of the suggestions and see which one fits best - we are only hiring a car for 2 days (to go to Kennedy SC and outlet shopping) but every cent I save on the boring stuff is more $ for the fun bits!

Thanks everyone:) Will check out all of the suggestions and see which one fits best - we are only hiring a car for 2 days (to go to Kennedy SC and outlet shopping) but every cent I save on the boring stuff is more $ for the fun bits!
:thumbsup2

Dabecs, can you update my trip details on the 1st post? Its only minor and I seem to be the only going to DLP but you never know! Someone might just be going there at the same time...

We're now leaving on the 6th Dec and we're going to be at the Disneyland Hotel from 12-16 of December.

Thanks!

I'm from Australia and have travelled to the USA 4 times in the past 2 years. I always book our car through http://www.economycarrentals.com/ This is because I was sick of turning up in the USA (especially in California) and the car places insisting we pay another amount for extra insurance. Normally it's the same amount again as what you have already paid. Using this website you don't have to pay anymore as they have paid extra and cover you. Have a read but it might help someone else. :)

when they try to hit you up re insurance I shut them down with "we cant leave australia without travel insurance of 5k excess car hire cover" ....works every time...oh, and I do have travel insurance so I'm not fibbing:drive:

they work on commission, so selling the extras means more $$$$ in their pockets, its not to help you out.

Good advice Karen! I wouldn't have known that so thanks:)

Double digit dance for me today - 99 days to go!!

economy car rentals (website above) also includes extra driver...

Seriously - don't let them talk you into extra insurance

We always have a 7 seater too as we have 4 kids and the first time we went we booked through Thrifty and the extra insurance cost us as much as the car rental again. We were not expecting that extra expense of about $1000!

The others to get a quote from is http://www.uscarhire.com/ also uk based but dollar is doing well against the gb pound!

It also includes all insurance (CDW etc) and included an extra driver for free. might also be worth checking out carrental8.

You can also choose to pay in $US now with our $ doing so well makes it a bit cheaper than the pound:)

I just did a quote on their website for our Honolulu car hire and I agree the all-inclusive prices look good. However it seems that, when you book, you only pay a deposit and then pay the balance when you pick up the car. It said something like the price given today was based on the current Euro-NZ$ conversion. So, that's a bit of a worry because, although the NZ$ is doing well (for us) against the Euro right now, who's to say what it will be doing in January 2013 when I'd pick up the car. :( Normally our currency gets worse! Hmmm not sure what to do :confused3

I just did a quote on their website for our Honolulu car hire and I agree the all-inclusive prices look good. However it seems that, when you book, you only pay a deposit and then pay the balance when you pick up the car. It said something like the price given today was based on the current Euro-NZ$ conversion. So, that's a bit of a worry because, although the NZ$ is doing well (for us) against the Euro right now, who's to say what it will be doing in January 2013 when I'd pick up the car. :( Normally our currency gets worse! Hmmm not sure what to do :confused3

same here when in hawaii last feb, just take a print out of the total cost and dont let them convince DH that he needs "space shuttle coverage"......

seriously, never ever let DH handle check in at car hire places, they fold re extra insurance like a cheap card table...not pretty..well not pretty afterwards for him:cool2:

shushh said:
:thumbsup2

Dabecs, can you update my trip details on the 1st post? Its only minor and I seem to be the only going to DLP but you never know! Someone might just be going there at the same time...

We're now leaving on the 6th Dec and we're going to be at the Disneyland Hotel from 12-16 of December.

Thanks!

Done!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter