• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

November Crowd Levels

Honestly, we went in November often during the early 2000's and it was great, pleasant weather, noticeably less crowded partsk, but more recently its been fairly crowded- maybe not July or Christmas-like, but full- and typical waits for everything you expect to wait for. Hardly empty, or even pleasantly light.

Honestly, have had the same experience in February and March when I expected light crowds as well more recently. I think in general Disney World is just very full these days- they are doing really well, which is good for them, but less so for us.

We will be at POR with Free Dining!!! We were a party of 4 because we had GP free dining and had to book CSR so my mom wasn't going to be able to go with us since we got the PIN Code we got to add my mom and take her with us. :cheer2: Since DH mom passed away very suddenly and she always wanted to go with us we try to make sure we do as much as we can with grand parents now so we don't have any regrets. :littleangel:

We will be there 11/01-11/07 staying at ASMu with free dining. Super excited for the hopefully not so crazy crowds and beautiful weather! This will be my first time staying at a value resort cant wait!

We'll be there the week before Thanksgiving as well. Can't stop debating our park days due to the early closing times, though!

We're staying onsite and keep debating back and forth about whether to follow the crowd calendar advice of avoiding the parks w/EMH because the crowds will be so low, or whether to hit those because we'll have so much more time in them (the ones with evening hours, at least - I know that, realistically, try as we may, we'll probably miss rope drop more often than not).

This might be the first time out of our last several trips that we end up adding park hoppers.

What are you all doing? Following the suggested touring plans or taking advantage of EMH?

We'll be there the week before Thanksgiving as well. Can't stop debating our park days due to the early closing times, though!

We're staying onsite and keep debating back and forth about whether to follow the crowd calendar advice of avoiding the parks w/EMH because the crowds will be so low, or whether to hit those because we'll have so much more time in them (the ones with evening hours, at least - I know that, realistically, try as we may, we'll probably miss rope drop more often than not).

This might be the first time out of our last several trips that we end up adding park hoppers.

What are you all doing? Following the suggested touring plans or taking advantage of EMH?

Going Nov 9 to 15, and finally decided to go against the touring plan and go to Epcot on the Monday for the last day of F&W, and to the MK on the Tuesday at rope drop because the park closes at 9PM (closes at 7PM the day before because of the party). Call me crazy, but I want my money's worth and I don't want to pay for hoppers this time around.

I must say that one of the factors that swung my decision was finding out that, even though the Christmas party does not start until 7PM, party goers are allowed to arrive in the park by 4PM (which I don't think should be allowed unless you have admission to the park that day to go with your party ticket. just my opinion, so no flames from party goers please). So, crowds building up at 4PM, and being kicked out of the park at 7PM sharp made me feel like I wouldn't be getting much bang for my very expensive buck. Plus we are only spending 2 whole days in the Disney parks before heading to Universal, so needed to maximize our time.

So, yeah... we are going against the touring plan recommendations, to answer your question! ::yes::

We are there the same week as you. I have also been debating between EasyWDW's advice of not going on the EMH days v. Touring Plans predictions for those days being some of the days with the lowest predicted crowd levels. After changing my plans multiple times, I finally decided to stick with Touring Plans mainly because of my ADRs and because I don't want to buy park hoppers.

jeanico2000 said:
Going Nov 9 to 15, and finally decided to go against the touring plan and go to Epcot on the Monday for the last day of F&W, and to the MK on the Tuesday at rope drop because the park closes at 9PM (closes at 7PM the day before because of the party). Call me crazy, but I want my money's worth and I don't want to pay for hoppers this time around.

I must say that one of the factors that swung my decision was finding out that, even though the Christmas party does not start until 7PM, party goers are allowed to arrive in the park by 4PM (which I don't think should be allowed unless you have admission to the park that day to go with your party ticket. just my opinion, so no flames from party goers please). So, crowds building up at 4PM, and being kicked out of the park at 7PM sharp made me feel like I wouldn't be getting much bang for my very expensive buck. Plus we are only spending 2 whole days in the Disney parks before heading to Universal, so needed to maximize our time.

So, yeah... we are going against the touring plan recommendations, to answer your question! ::yes::

We are doing the same thing. Our trip is the 8th-15th but our first park day isn't until the 10th. We decided to go to epcot for the last day of F&W even though that is not the recommended park. We love the festival so we wanted to take it in 1 day. Hopefully the crowds won't be too terrible since ita the last day and a Monday.

I'll be there 11/11 through 11/16. I can't wait! This will be the 3rd time we've gone this same week, and I hope it is just as fabulous as it was the past 2 times. Our group of seven (my family plus my parents) is going to try POP Century this trip. I hope it lives up to the hype.

I'll be there 11/11 through 11/16. I can't wait! This will be the 3rd time we've gone this same week, and I hope it is just as fabulous as it was the past 2 times. Our group of seven (my family plus my parents) is going to try POP Century this trip. I hope it lives up to the hype.
Us too! Expect leave at in the 15th... We went in 2011 around the same time and loved it!

We always go the week after Thanksgiving. Our anniversary is Nov. 27th. :love: This used to be a low crowd time to go but crowds seem to be growing more and more with each trip. Just plan accordingly. Your trip really is what you decide to make of it. Regardless of when you go. :goodvibes

We usually go during F&W and participate in Halloween party, but it has been HOT and crowded our last 2 trips, so we are changing it up! Going Nov. 28- Dec. 4th, although we are flying in on Thanksgiving- got the lowest airfare we've ever had out of PHL.

Our first MVMCP for our dd's 15th birthday, our first dessert party, and for the first time we are heading to Univ (won tickets on Coke Rewards!) I am anxious to do Disney not in humidity and heat! Still hoping for a swim day, as this is our first splurge stay at a Deluxe. We are at Beach Club!

Can't wait, all ressies are good, just still desperately trying for BOG, it has been booked since our 180 day, no luck.

It will be a great trip!:wizard:

Nov 15-24 at YC for us. I too am having trouble planning. It is all just way too much to figure out ahead of time, IMO. Every time I sit down and try to plan it out I get completely overwhelmed.:faint:

Nov 15-24 at YC for us. I too am having trouble planning. It is all just way too much to figure out ahead of time, IMO. Every time I sit down and try to plan it out I get completely overwhelmed.:faint:

:hug: One step at a time. Before you know it.... you have a trip!!

Nov. 16-21 at Kidani for us... Taking our 4 year old granddaughter. Don't know who's more excited, her or my wife! :) See everyone there!

Jim

We will be there the 14th through the 21st!! We are staying at POP and I am so excited! Having gone in September (way to hot) and December I am looking forward to hopefully warm yet tolerable weather!! lol Yeah!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter