November busy for conventions? RPR and SF completely booked for 11/10

gsikes

Earning My Ears
Just wondering if anyone has any information on what could be causing such a shortage of rooms. I have CBBR booked from Nov 5th to Nov 12th but wanted to get a room at RPR for the EP benefits, checking in Nov 10th and checking out Nov 11th. I stalked the site for weeks waiting for the AP rate. Then all of a sudden a few weeks ago, all the rooms at RPR were booked over night. Is it a possibility that they are being held for a major convention? Do these become back available to the public if not booked by convention goers by a certain date?

There are 3 dates when we are there that one of the two parks close at 6pm, I'm assuming park buyout nights. I was so hoping to have low crowds but the hotel issue has me worried.

Just checked again, now HR is completely booked as well and PBR only has suites left. It is Veterans Day, but I seriously did not expect these types of crowds.

Crowded enough to book every room at all the resorts (except CBBR)? Halloween weekend still has more rooms available then November 10th. Last year's crowd calendars had Jersey Week at 2-5 (touringplans.com), definitely not reflecting unmanageable crowds. Fingers crossed some rooms open up with APH rates :D

Each year New Jersey closes school for 2 days for teacher training/conferences. Usually it is the first week of November and a lot of New Jersey families use the time to go to Disney and Universal. This year it is the 10th and 11th. I've read opinions both ways about what it does to crowd levels. Some say it's crowded, some say its not a big deal. I think its all relative to what crowd levels you are use to. Looking at the historical crowd levels on touringplans, it does not make that big a difference. I'm just hoping that this isn't the year that is the exception!

We were booked at CBBR for 3 nights in October, because every time I checked it was either CBBR or nothing (once when I checked there was a club room at HRH but that went away too after a couple of days). Then all of the sudden, about a week ago, I randomly checked again and every hotel had openings, so we switched to RPR. Not sure if they had a ton of cancellations at once, or if they release rooms a month or so out, or what....but that was my experience!

I don't know what is going on but hopefully somebody does and can come back and tell us! I am glad now that I took the advice of peeps here and booked the room at RPR for Saturday the 5th and had planned to rebook with AP rates when they got released. Well that night never got added to the AP rates and now they won't let you book it as a single night! I'm so glad I already had my reservation.

I just looked and saw that the parks are closing at 6 pm at IOA on Saturday the 5th and US on Sunday 6th. That was definitely not the case when I made my plans, that is a change in hours! I'm glad I saw your post or I may not have noticed this change.

OP I sure hope a room opens up for you!

Usually a race @ WDW that time frame, may be contributing. Last year we stayed onsite @ U for that weekend, then switched over afterwards.

Did you check the 3rd party vendors?

Usually a race @ WDW that time frame, may be contributing. Last year we stayed onsite @ U for that weekend, then switched over afterwards.

Did you check the 3rd party vendors?

So weird. As of this afternoon, rooms are now available but they were not this morning. But no APH rate. I went ahead and booked at the seasonal rate and will keep checking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter