November 9, 2015 DCL Dream 4 Night Bahamian Sailing

Hi everyone! I just booked this cruise and am so excited! It will be me(21) and my mom! We are both first time cruisers! I planned this in hopes of them doing the castaway challenge after wine and dine. I just completed my first ever 5k during marathon weekend and am thinking I want to do the half at wine and dine! :goodvibes

Hi everyone! I just booked this cruise and am so excited! It will be me(21) and my mom! We are both first time cruisers! I planned this in hopes of them doing the castaway challenge after wine and dine. I just completed my first ever 5k during marathon weekend and am thinking I want to do the half at wine and dine! :goodvibes

Welcome aboard.

They are several of us here planning on doing both the half at Wine & Dine and the Castaway Cay 5K. Unfortunately runDisney is not offering the Castaway Challenge as they did after marathon weekend but you will still be able to do and enjoy the Castaway Cay 5K. I was hoping that after runDisney introduced the Castaway Challenge after marathon weekend earlier this month they would offer it after each WDW race but unfortunately it doesn't look that way.

As of yesterday, we are booked! We have 3 rooms as this is an extended family trip but only our room wants to do the FE. This is our 2nd cruise and we had SO much fun doing the FE last time. It will be me ( 41), dh( 41) dd ( 10) and ds (7)

So looking forward to this :)

We'd love to participate in the FE group!

...We plan on doing the fish extenders!...

...We plan on doing the fish extenders!

...We have 3 rooms as this is an extended family trip but only our room wants to do the FE. This is our 2nd cruise and we had SO much fun doing the FE last time. ...

FE organizers generally need to know how many people (adults/children) are participating in each cabin. Other information you would like to share such as first names, ages of child participants, allergies, favorite characters, etc. is up to you. Other personal information is not really necessary. Those organizing FEs typically ask for the information to be posted in the meet thread or sent to them via PM.

For those posting in this Cruise Meet thread to join a FE, since no one has come forward yet to organize a FE for this cruise here on the DIS, please feel free to start the FE right in this thread.

There is certainly plenty of time to plan a FE for this cruise. All it takes is for someone to maintain a list of/for those participating which can easily be done in this thread. Cruise Meet threads have been doing it this way for years now here on the DIS.

DISboards Fish-Extender Basics

Enjoy! :)

PLEASE review the Cruise Meet Policy regarding Cruise Meet and Fish Extender programs. - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3353477

Links to Cruise Meet discussion/Fish Extenders other than those on the DIS may not be posted or offered by any other means (PM, email, "search" directions, etc.).

not 100 percent sure but I think this is the cruise i'm planning on booking. hopefully if this is the one we pick we will be in the fe group. ive never done one before but hoping this will be our first time

Hi All! My name is Nicki, I booked this cruise as a surprise for my hubby- we will be celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary on 11/11!!!!! Nobody knows yet in my family because I'm afraid one of my kids (who are sitting this one out) or my loose-lipped Dad will tell him! So I've been dying to talk to someone anyone about it!

Hey everyone-- My name is Rob and my wife has talked me into the wine and dine half and then twisted my arm to go on the cruise. Any chance we can get run disney to offer the Castaway Challenge. This will be the familys 4th second time on the Dream. Cant Wait.

Hey everyone-- My name is Rob and my wife has talked me into the wine and dine half and then twisted my arm to go on the cruise. Any chance we can get run disney to offer the Castaway Challenge. This will be the familys 4th second time on the Dream. Cant Wait.

I would like runDisney to offer the Castaway Challenge as well during this cruise but as much as I hope I am wrong I don't think this is going to happen.

I am wondering how to find out the fish extender list, and how many people do we usually provide gifts for? I am starting to plan :)

Anyone who was planning on doing either the Wine & Dine Half Marathon or the Jingle Jungle 5K, I hope you got registered through the debacle.

Anyone who was planning on doing either the Wine & Dine Half Marathon or the Jingle Jungle 5K, I hope you got registered through the debacle.

That was my plan but the W&D was sold out before I could register. I guess I'll just do the CC 5K.

I'm in, Kim. Sailing with several friends.

Todd, I'll cheer you on! Then we can do Food and Wine. And Palo brunch later. :flower1:

My family and I went on our first Disney cruise in December 2014, 5 nights on the Wonder. It was the most amazing vacation! We booked on board for this cruise, can't wait to see the Dream! Our group consists of me, my husband, 2 daughters (5 & 8) and my in-laws. We'll be staying on Deck 2.

Hi! My name is Naomi, and my family will be on the 11/9/15 sailing. We just went on our first cruise in Dec and booked while onboard. We are sure hoping that we can get to Castaway Cay this time! We didn't get to dock in Dec, and several of the CMs said that it was the roughest sailing they had been on in a couple of years.

We'd love to participate in the FE group!

We did our first cruise in December! We were on the Wonder and CC wasn't in the itinerary. But we definitely encountered some rough seas! Hoping the Dream is smoother in November :-)

Hi everyone!

Just booked this as an anniversary trip for me and the hubster...he doesn't know and I'm thinking about making it a surprise! We cruised over Spring Break with our three littles and totally drank the kool-aid and couldn't wait to do another trip. This time we are going sans kids and can't wait to partake in some of the adult activities, especially Serenity Bay...ahhhhhhhhhh.

My sister, who has done more than a dozen cruises on multiple lines, tells me that Royal has the exact same iten and dates as this trip for 1/2 the cost. But, I'm afraid I'll miss the Disney experience too much! I mean, seriously, I'd be so disappointed to not hear the Disney music, see the characters, get to see first-run Disney movies...right, y'all?

Question: Does anyone know if this will be one of the Very Merrytime Cruises? If so, that totally seals the deal. I'm crazy about Christmas and there is nothing better than Disney decorations during the holidays.

Look forward to spending the next few months with you all.

Have a happy day!!!

Hi everyone!

Just booked this as an anniversary trip for me and the hubster...he doesn't know and I'm thinking about making it a surprise! We cruised over Spring Break with our three littles and totally drank the kool-aid and couldn't wait to do another trip. This time we are going sans kids and can't wait to partake in some of the adult activities, especially Serenity Bay...ahhhhhhhhhh.

My sister, who has done more than a dozen cruises on multiple lines, tells me that Royal has the exact same iten and dates as this trip for 1/2 the cost. But, I'm afraid I'll miss the Disney experience too much! I mean, seriously, I'd be so disappointed to not hear the Disney music, see the characters, get to see first-run Disney movies...right, y'all?

Question: Does anyone know if this will be one of the Very Merrytime Cruises? If so, that totally seals the deal. I'm crazy about Christmas and there is nothing better than Disney decorations during the holidays.

Have a happy day!!!

I believe a recent article on the blog stated that this will be the first sailing decorated for the Christmas holiday on the Dream.

Hi everyone!

Have a happy day!!!

According to the Disney Cruise site the Very MerryTime Cruise sail dates are still TBD. However, I hope that the previous poster is correct and this cruise will be the first sailing decorated for the Christmas holiday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter