• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

November 9-16th 2008 Crowds?

kaitlin-n-mom

DIS Veteran
Just checking to see if anyone had any input in regards to the crowd level during this week. From what I have read it looks like this will be the week after Jersey week and after the F&W Festival.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

The weekend of the 8th and 9th is probably going to be Super Soap Weekend. It is also the end of F&WF on the 9th. So the week after might be fine but that actual weekend will be hectic. Also, many SSW fans like myself stay an extra few days after the event to relax. So depends when you plan on arriving and if you mind the crowds.

thats basically when I'm going for my honeymoon, nov 11-19th. I specifically picked those dates so we would be after jersey week and before thanksgiving. I'm very happy with our dates. Our wedding is Nov. 1st and I couldn't bear the thought of going during jersey week so we are waiting a little over a week to go.

Happy planning!!

-Lauren

We went the week after Jersey week last year and loved it! Mild weather and low to average crowds. Going back the same week this year!:thumbsup2

We've been there around that time. Not the absolute lightest crowds of the year, but it shouldn't be too bad at all.

Jersey Week....when the schools are closed for the NJEA Teachers Convention is actually Nov 6th and 7th this year. Adding Soap Weekend the 8th and 9th is definately going to make WDW crowded. Have planned my trip around the convention (unfortunately) but spending the last few days hanging at the resort (avoiding the crowds)!

We went the week after Jersey week last year and loved it! Mild weather and low to average crowds. Going back the same week this year!:thumbsup2

That is exactly what I was hoping to hear. Since this will be our 7th (I think) trip we are kinda looking to make it a leisure trip. Just relax and kinda go with it. I am hoping not to have to rush for anything.

I think it will stay busy until the 11th. Veterans Day is Tuesday the 11th. I think a lot of folks will extend their stay for the last weekend of F&W and Super Soaps until then. By the 12th things should quite down.

we will be there the second week in November too, from what I've heard the crowds are on the light sight just before the holiday season errupts

We are going Nov9th -Nov14th. Im hoping the moderate weather & crowds work for us. We went the last week of August 2007 but the heat was unbearable, we spent too much time taking showers and doing laundry.

My husband and I will be there Nov. 17-22 for a conference, primarily going to the parks at night.

Thanksgiving isn't until November 27th, so I'm hoping we will miss the crowds...

Has anyone been there the full week BEFORE the week of turkey day? I'm hoping maybe the crowds don't descend until the weekend before??

We are planning to go the week of Nov. 10-14th as well. We will be driving, so only spending M-F in Orlando. We may do KSC on the 10th and Sea World on the 11th and then enjoy WDW the rest of the week. Sounds like the crowds may be in our favor. And we are hoping to see some Christmas decorations since that is the first week of MVMCP! :santa:

Most Jersey people I booked, including myself, are going anywhere from Nov 1- Nov 16. Either taking the week before or the week after Jersey week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter