• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

November 8, 2008 7 Night Eastern 11/8/2008 11-8-2008 FIRST POST UPDATED ON 10/16/08

Finished defense on dissertation :cool1: :woohoo: :dance3: :banana: now I have corrections. I guess I will pack Wed or Thurs since we drive down on friday. Goodness I hope I don't forget anything since I will have to pack in a hurry.

Congrats!!! That is something to really celebrate. I have an idea how you feel. I just completed my final assignment for my last night of class (on Thursday) for my masters degree!!! I am so excited to finally be going on a vacation where I don't have to read anything school related, write a paper or do any homework.

:scared:
Hey everyone....it's almost here!! My DS and DDIL will be here Wednesday night with my new DGD! She is 4.5 months now and prime for spoiling! The kids don't have to bring too much with them...Grandma has bought here soooo many cute cruise clothes!! I can't help it! :cutie: the stuff is so cute!

Looking forward to meeting everyone soon. I'm going to try to post a picture of my adorable Paso for the horse folks! Let's see what I can do....

Ok...UNCLE!! I can't figure it out. Can someone tell me how to add a photo?!

Thanks!
Deborah
pirate:

Ok, here I go again....keep your fingers crossed!! :scared:

Picture229.jpg

Thanks for the help! This is great! Now I can post my pics when I get back!

Anyway, this adorable guy is Sultan's Harley Deluxe....Sully is his barn name. He's a real sweatheart but a bit mischievious! I am going to miss him while I'm gone!

And here is our wonderful mutt, Cora! She's a true Florida dog hanging by the pool! I'm going to try to shrink this pic a little....experimenting!! :cool1:

Picture174-1.jpg

Deborah
:wizard:
3 Days and counting.....!!

Well I just finished packing!:yay: And like Kate, I am an overpacker.

You think I would learn after years of traveling to the beach for vacation that half of what I pick out to pack will not be used.

Now the bags are staged and waiting to be put in the car for the trip.:thumbsup2

Safe travels everyone!!!!

Ahhh the packing is done. And I loaded everything into the van already. DH will be so happy that he doesn't have to do anything. We don't leave until Thursday, but I wanted all day Wed to clean my house with out all the added clutter. Can't wait to meet everyone. Safe travels.

Outstanding!! :thumbsup2 Thanks for the info.

I hope to be able to go back and read 89 pages...but probably not. :lmao: Gotta pack and get ready for Saturday. Wife and I are soooo excited!!! We first cruised back in 2002, but it was a short 3 day cruise. And we missed a lot of the entertainment and fun stuff on the ship. That's why we're going on this longer cruise.

Can't wait!!!!
:woohoo:

Safe travels everyone!

:welcome: Hope you guys can make it on Sat @ 3pm for DIS meet & greet!!!

:yay: Hi everyone:

This will be our fist time on Disney Cruise. We're a family of five. Dad is Pong and I am Thai. Mom is Wakana and she is Japanese. Twins 4 yrs old are Sierra & Marina. Toddler is 2 yrs old Celeste. But we're all Americans now and just voted.

We're going on the 7-night Easter Caribbean from Nov. 8-15, 2008

I'd like to make new friends on this cruise.

Please invite us to your gathering on board.

Thank you everyone.

PONG & FAMILY

Hi Pong! :welcome: to DISBOARDS !!! :yay: another californian!!! When are you guys flying out to Orlando? We might be on the same flight from LAX, we're leaving Fri AM straight flight to MCO.
This will be our 3rd Disney cruise and we have an 8 yr-old son.
Hope to meet you and your family, please come to our DIS meet & greet on Saturday @ 3pm Promenade lounge.

Cielo

Just came to say good-bye to everyone and say that we will see you all real soon!

My mom and I leave tomorrow for WDW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :love: :cloud9: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

I am soooooooooooo excited I can't stand it! LOL

Everyone have safe travels and see you all at the DIS meet at 3p.m. in the Promenade Lounge.

We live in Nelson (pop. 600ish!) on 20 acres, bordering 0 acres of a wildlife preserve...it's just outside of Keene (home of the Pumpkin Festival!) We moved here from Atlanta (we lived in a 3 story townhouse in the city!) I work just outside of Nashua. Tell your son he should be rich by the end of this winter!

My son graduated from Franklin Pierce College in Rindge in 2002. When I didn't stay at the Woodbound Inn I stayed in Keene. We did most of our eating in Keene. I was up that way at least every month for 4 years. I loved it there. Almost thought of moving there. The area just made me feel peaceful. Still not ruling it out as an area I would like to retire at. My son also received his Masters at Norwich University in VT. That two was a great area. Only had to go there for his graduation. We will have to meet up at the Meet and Greet.

Nancy, if you are still having sinus problems when we get on the ship, sign up for the Rainforest at the spa. I think I may do the package deal this time where you pay one price and can go as many times as you want to go. The last cruise I was beginning to feel a sinus infection coming on and I went to the rain forest and it was instant relief. I went back two more times and I can't tell you how much it helped me.

I, too started with a sinus infection after sitting out in the cold night air Thursday and got a z-pack Friday. That is my only saving grace or by now I would be sick as a dog. That is how fast it will hit me. As soon as I feel the sore throat...trouble is on the way!:scared1:

I started packing tonight! Holy cow! I did not think I had so many things laid out on the bed! Dh said to put every other thing back in the closet, but then I told him I would be naked every other day!:rotfl2: . Maybe I should have sent a hugh box to the ship, but with my luck it would not have gotten there. It took six days for our daughter to get a first class envelope in South Carolina!:confused3

Don't forget to turn your clocks back....one more hour to pack!:worship: .

Looks like we will be leaving really great weather here next week so I hope it follows us all down the eastern seaboard.

Glad to see the Steiners are back among us! Looking forward to seeing everyone in one week!

Love the idea of no more dishes, :laundy: , cooking, cleaning! Now if we could just make time stand still while we are on that boat, wouldn't that be wonderful???

I am looking forward to a nice morning walk on deck 4 and then relaxing by the pool with a cool drink!:woohoo: . I love sea days!

Have a good weekend and don't work too hard!

Disney Dreams, everyone!:cloud9:

Thanks for the tip. I may just try that. I seem to be finally on the mend. The only problem I have is that my voice seems to start disappearing each evening when I get home. Yes my husband and son love that. :lmao: Looking forward to walking around the ship and enjoying the fresh air and drinks of course.
Cleaning etc gone and out of sight in exactly two days. See you both soon.

P1000377.jpg

P1000378.jpg

Ok, here is my no sew fish extender. I hope the photos come through ok. This is my first attempt with photobucket. I am so excited to put this up on my fish next week. This will be my first fish extender gift exchange and I am excited. So is the DD17. :cool1:

I love it. It is so argh pirate:

We hope to meet some of you on the cruise. Have been reading your messages over the weeks. Sorry we can't participate in the exchanges this time, just too busy to make it happen. Will try to meet with you at the Saturday meeting, but our flight doesn't arrive until 1230 and we will probably just be getting on. Want to wish all of you a great cruise. Maybe some of you will be going on the WB Transatlantic in 2010. :thumbsup2 Barry

DW Teresa
DS(21) Andrew
DH Barry

Welcome, hopefully you will be able to get on board and come to the Promanade Lounge as soon as you can so we can all meet.:thumbsup2

Progress, progress, progress and stress, stress, stress.

The pillow cases are now done.

My DGD's birth certificate is missing. :scared1: She is 2 and to young to stay at home alone. Wednesday my Dil is taking a flying trip to Richmond to try and get one. Pixie dust and prayers please. We also thought we lost Dsis, but it was filed in the wrong folder.:scared:

Hopefully everything will work out and we will be on our way Friday morning.

We are planning to go to dinner at Downtown Disney. Anyone going to be there?

pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

Here's our four legged friends (2 golden retrievers and filthy Quarter Horse and Thoroughbred who just rolled in the mud)...we'll miss them!

DSCF6598.jpg

StormJuly08014.jpg

The horses are beautiful and the dogs are my favorite. If I should ever get one the Golden is the one for me. :lovestruc I just think they always have a smile on their face.

Finished defense on dissertation :cool1: :woohoo: :dance3: :banana: now I have corrections. I guess I will pack Wed or Thurs since we drive down on friday. Goodness I hope I don't forget anything since I will have to pack in a hurry.

With all you have to worry about right now I'm sure between all of us we'll have whatever it is that you might forget. Just get the corrections done. When do they have to be done and when are you finished with it all? We will need to losen you up on the ship as I'm sure you are under alot of stress right now. See you in a couple of days. When do you arrive? Will you be able to join us all for dinner?

Good Election Day morning. Get out there and vote, then off to the vacation!

I was fourth in line this morning. Standing at the fire station drinking coffee with the neighbors, waiting for the doors to open. At 6am as the polls opened there were lines around the building and out to the road! I always vote on my way to work in the morning and can say that I have never seen a turn out like this. I would not be surprised if they are still counting ballots two days from now!

On the cruise note... We actually started packing! Yeah, I know. You organized types have been done for a week+. My son and I have it pretty easy on the packing side, rented tux for formal and Palo, a couple pair of slacks, shorts, polos, swim suit, a t-shirt or two, and we are done. The girls on the other hand.......

I voted early this morning also as I am usually out the door at 6:30, but I was at the Fire House myself. The turnout was as I expected heavy. Glad I did it then as I can't do it in the evening going from one job to another. Plus I knew it would be crazy in the evening. Well as I write this we already have a new President. He will now have to carry our country forward. Good luck to him as he will need it. Don't feel bad about the packing I still have to start. I will do that Thursday evening and as far as girls, well there is only me and there will be so much more that I will have to pack in the morning after I get dressed.....:rotfl2:

Good morning everyone...
We finished packing yesterday. This is our 10th Disney Cruise, and I think we've finally figured out how to pack intelligently. All the formal wear and pirate gear are in their own plastic bags so we don't have to fish around for them on the nights we need them.

Both DH and my colds seem somewhat improved (maybe something to do with chain-popping Benadryls, sucking on Cold-Eeze, and the Vicks nasal inhaler. If we're not 100% by Friday when we head to Orlando, a deck chair on Magic isn't a bad place to convalesce.

So far, weather.com shows a partly sunny day for sailaway (and the air show) Saturday. For all our cruises, have only had it rain on one sailaway party, and it still went on outdoors! I LOVE the sailaway party, so I'm happy it appears we'll have good weather.

Off to vote now before work...feeling much better now that the suitcases are by the door, just waiting for the last minute stuff.

Hope all of you are well...see you real soon!

Yes popping the meds is a constant thing with me also. If it rained on sailaway I would stay out there and enjoy myself as I only do this every two years. It certainly can't make me sick since I'm already there :lmao:

Outstanding!! :thumbsup2 Thanks for the info.

I hope to be able to go back and read 89 pages...but probably not. :lmao: Gotta pack and get ready for Saturday. Wife and I are soooo excited!!! We first cruised back in 2002, but it was a short 3 day cruise. And we missed a lot of the entertainment and fun stuff on the ship. That's why we're going on this longer cruise.

Can't wait!!!!
:woohoo:

Safe travels everyone!

Welcome to our group see you soon

:yay: Hi everyone:

This will be our fist time on Disney Cruise. We're a family of five. Dad is Pong and I am Thai. Mom is Wakana and she is Japanese. Twins 4 yrs old are Sierra & Marina. Toddler is 2 yrs old Celeste. But we're all Americans now and just voted.

We're going on the 7-night Easter Caribbean from Nov. 8-15, 2008

I'd like to make new friends on this cruise.

Please invite us to your gathering on board.

Thank you everyone.

PONG & FAMILY

You are invited. Welcome to our group. Meeting at 3PM in Promanade Lounge. See you then.

Just a quick note to all of you that have left or will be leaving....Have a safe trip so that we can all be together at 3PM on Saturday.
See ya'll soon ya hear!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter