November 8, 2008 7 Night Eastern 11/8/2008 11-8-2008 FIRST POST UPDATED ON 10/16/08

WendyJersey - are you a night owl? on the board at 3:00 am. I cant stay awake past 10 some nights! (insert sleeping smilies) (couldn't find it).

Mimisgirl - I am an overplanner myself, can you tell?

My friends that are cruising with us are calling me "Cruise Director Kate"

They say that I can plan everything and they are just going to show up and I am to tell them where they need to be and when. I could have some fun with that, maybe I should do something funny to them. Any ideas anyone?!?

I will have to tell my DH about the shuttle lunch, (that should be l-a-unch). He went to one 30 years ago, can that be right? We can not be that old.

Anyone else have the very cold weather. High of 13 this past weekend. BURRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

I am bored at work, better get back and do something productive.

L8R

We need to see it again since Goofy's wife forgot to hit the 'Record' button and we forgot our camera completely! :rolleyes1

:lmao: :rotfl: :lmao: We were just talking about this the night before!:lmao: :rotfl2:

OSPF.... You talked to Em about that Vita-Mix thing and now she once one!!!!popcorn:: :confused3 :laughing:
I geuss I will be getting my Veggies now!

We cant wait to see you guys again.... We will have so much fun!

I gotta tell ya...The Vita Mix is a new healthier way to my life, and I don't regret it. :drinking1 I honestly think it's great. :thumbsup2

New question: Anyone planning on doing door signs?

We are looking at driving down a day early to watch the launch. We are booked at the Radisson 'resort at the port". I was planning to drive through the night on thursday (easier on the kids) :drive: then crash in a chair poolside napping all day Friday to "prepare" for the cruise :beach:

Driving down a day earlier would allow me two days to prepare poolside!

WendyJersey: I have several graphics downloaded for Veterans Day door signs. I have not pulled them together into anything yet as I am still on the lookout for more.

Yes, we are doing door signs. Planning for some will stay up while others change by the theme of the day.

We are going on nov. 8th on the magic too!! I have never been on a disney cruise before....

Is nov. a good time of the year to go?? Is it crowded??

Welcome a board! I have never been on a DCL trip in Nov. so I am not really sure if it is crowded or not. But I have heard good things about going in Nov. Either way you will have a blast! This is my 2nd DCL trip, I am really looking forward to this trip! Just my mom and I are going together, so it's a special Mother/Daughter Cruise!

WendyJersey, Here are a couple of the Veterans Day door signs I have done.

173819VeteransDay1-med.jpg

173819VeteransDay2-med.jpg

Welcome Morris family!!!:yay: This will be our first cruise also. We are so excited.

Stitch's Ohana - How fun to go with your mom. I hope my girls will want to do things with me when they are older.

Gecko1, great signs!!

A few more signs I'm working on... I guess I should put my name or stateroom number on them?? I keep seeing that signs disappear from doors. Maybe I'll just make a bunch of little Mickey magnets for the kids in the surrounding rooms.

Can't decide if this one should say "Join the Magic", "Joining the Magic", or "We Joined the Magic". Anyway, these are almost done, just playing with little things now.

173819Joining_the_Magic-med.jpg

173819Pirate_Night-med.jpg

Of course I'm also thinking about this on the door... I'm still working on the shading.

173819HookFace.jpg

173819HookHook.jpg

THAT is SOO COOL! I have never done a door sign so I'm pretty intimidated on how do make one. Should I go to the door sign thread?

No need to be intimidated. This will be our first Disney Cruise and thus first door signs. Learned about them here! I like the community side of it (DIS) and it's a great idea to help the kids quickly locate our room among the hundreds of identical doors.

I am pulling together graphics from these boards and around the web. Some I am changing or merging, others will be simple Mickey Mouse type things. That way we can have some stay up and the kids can change others to match the days theme.

There are two door signs / graphic threads going on the main DCL board. Most are willing to let you use their designs. If you do not have the software to personalize something yourself, a PM request to the person may get you some help.

173819Pup_Kiss.jpg

Welcome to all the new folks.

Door signs are great and relatively easy. If you have power point you can use it to make your signs really easy. In fact I prefer it now over photo shop. Especially if you are using clip art.

As for the launch. We were there last month and the launch did not happen. So please plan for system errors, mechanical failure and assorted other things to go wrong. It was disappointing, but I would rather they launch when everything is safe. I was amazed at how many people flew down with us for the sole purpose.

I am not trying to be a wet blanket here, just wanted to share (as I am an obsessive compulsive planner) so you could have a back-up plan

I am working on making some door signs too! It's a fun thing to do for sure and it helps pass some of the time away! It will be fun to see what everyone comes up with for door signs!

What program are you using to make your door signs? I played with the free version of Adobe Photoshop to make the ones for my last cruise, but just can't justify buying that program just to do that. Is there anything cheaper that does a good job?

I am just using my Print Shop to make my door signs. I don't have power point or nothing like that to make my signs with. But I am okay with just using Print Shop, it does it's job for me. After I get my door signs done, I could post them on here so others could see.

In fact, that's a great idea if people would post what door signs they have made. It would help pass the time!

For the signs, I have been using Jasc Paint Shop Pro, MS Word, and a lot of help from the other DISers. Many of the graphics can be found in web searches and then modified to you needs.

Any of my work is up for grabs for our cruise. I have posted some on this thread and some on the main boards two magnet signs/ graphics threads.

Well after today, we have passed through another month!!!!:banana: As it will be Feb.1st tomorrow, so on the 8th we will be down to 8 months.......

It's getting there, just not fast enough! LOL

Those are both great. I will start thinking about doing some research on that also in between jobs. I leave the house at 6:30AM and return around 8 or 8:30PM maybe later depending on when I leave the first job. So it looks like I may only be getting on here on the weekends because I just don't have the energy. I will start looking around also for some ideas.

Welcome Morris*family to our group. Everyone here is ready to answer questions any questions you may have about cruising. DCL is great because, unlike the others, DCL goes that extra mile to make you enjoy your cruising experience. You will have a great cruise!

As far as cruising in Nov we have done two so far and this will make the third. The weather, although it seems it is always hot in the Caribbean, seems to be more cooperative. Even in my early days of flying down to the Caribbean I was there in April and October and the weather is great. It also seems to be when most of the hurricanes are done and that's a big plus for me. I was reading that Costa Maya where we went the last time was hit pretty hard by Hurricane Dean and is not open. Some ships have been rerouted away while the clean themselves up yet another time. When we were there in 2006 they had just gotten together from Hurricane Katrina. After all that work and they get it again.
There stores are so close to the waterfront. There is water very small piece of land between water and a wall that is only maybe 4 feet high then there is the street and then the stores. I want to say they are about 200 no more than 300 feet from the water. I know they want to be close to where the ships dock, but I wonder whether it is worth being that close to the water and having to rebuild all the time.

Well let me read on since I am behind. :surfweb:

It is crowded, but you never know it. Believe it or not everyone seems to be nice on the cruise to include the passengers. I know it is hard to believe, but I do believe there is "Magic" on the Magic!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter