November 7, 2009 ~~~~ AHOY ST.CROIX ~~~~

Well, other than I don't have to get off Saturday other than to check in for the following cruise (I really don't mean to rub that in but it is an awesome feeling) I think St. Croix. That is a new port for us and I love to explore.

DH and I did our first cruise in 2000 on the Magic, and have sailed at least once each year (just did the Oct 4 on the Magic) except for last year. DH had to have a spinal fusion and we had to cancel our family reunion cruise on the Wonder over Thanksgiving. Everyone else went and had a great time - and missed us some I imagine too. I hate making Thanksgiving dinner for 2.

I need to go back and look through the previous posts. Are we doing Fish Extender gifts, Secret Mickey's or anything else special planned? Gee, you would think we were sailing next week!

Have you done much research into St Croix yet - any excursion that sounds good?

I have been to St Thomas - not that exciting of a place as I am not really into shopping but hopefully we can do something on the water

We have never done the BTB so it will be interesting to see how it works out. I am thrilled that there won't be any competition in the laundry room as I will be doing my laundry during the turn around I hope.

DSIL was very happy to be able to get to Key West. It isn't one of my favorite stops but that is because both times I was there it was really hot (read really, REALLY HOT!!) and humid. We took the trolley tour the last time and I enjoyed that but the first time we walked all the way to the southern most point and that is a pretty far hike. But, we bar stopped/hopped on the way back and that was very interesting. Remember, my children are all older so that was possible.

My DH lost his job over a year ago and along with his health issues, it has been a challenge but we own DVC so I what can I do??? Yep - a BTB sounds good to me.

We went to Key West in October 2007 and it was brutally hot! I had hoped that we could walk but we wound up taking the trolly down to Southern Point - and it was kind of disappointing. I had got excited abotu Key Lime pie on a stick but didnt like - the kids did though. So I just had the old fashioned Key Lime Pie - and that was delicious!

What does your husband do for a living? Any good prospects for work? That must be really difficult for your family.

Oooh and YEA, I booked our vow renewal today for this cruise on Castaway Cay!!!! Woohoooo!!! Unfortunately, Kathy from Disney called back while I was at my hair appointment. I had told the kids not to answer the phone. When I initially called DFTW, I specified that they weren't to say they were from Disney Weddings since my kids don't even know about this cruise yet. Just say Kathy from Disney.

Guess who didn't get that part of the message???!!!!!!!!!!!:scared1:

So yep, she left a long old voicemail on our answering machine about our cruise date, vow renewal, blah blah blah. Oh &%$#! Hopefully, my kids didn't really pay attention to it as she left it...:headache: But DD did tell me that someone had called and left a message. This is the kids Christmas gift so I really didn't want them to know yet! Arrggg. Well, if they ask I'll just play it off that I was checking into the dates but that it was too much money...

Christine

Oooh and YEA, I booked our vow renewal today for this cruise on Castaway Cay!!!! Woohoooo!!! Unfortunately, Kathy from Disney called back while I was at my hair appointment. I had told the kids not to answer the phone. When I initially called DFTW, I specified that they weren't to say they were from Disney Weddings since my kids don't even know about this cruise yet. Just say Kathy from Disney.

Guess who didn't get that part of the message???!!!!!!!!!!!:scared1:

So yep, she left a long old voicemail on our answering machine about our cruise date, vow renewal, blah blah blah. Oh &%$#! Hopefully, my kids didn't really pay attention to it as she left it...:headache: But DD did tell me that someone had called and left a message. This is the kids Christmas gift so I really didn't want them to know yet! Arrggg. Well, if they ask I'll just play it off that I was checking into the dates but that it was too much money...

Christine

I hope so for your sake - I dont know how you can keep it from your kids - you have stronger resolve then I as I just love talking about the cruise.

I can probably ask this on the main board but I thought I would see if you guys know the answers first:

1. we were on the cruise in October 2007 - will teh kids activities have changed much by November 2009?

2. as a returning person I get to book my Palo and excursions early - does anyone know the date we can book?

3. Can I book Palo everynight if I wanted to or can I only choose 1 night?

I can probably ask this on the main board but I thought I would see if you guys know the answers first:

1. we were on the cruise in October 2007 - will teh kids activities have changed much by November 2009?

2. as a returning person I get to book my Palo and excursions early - does anyone know the date we can book?

3. Can I book Palo everynight if I wanted to or can I only choose 1 night?

1 - I have no feedback for you on that as I have no children that use the clubs.

2. - 90 days out we can book. The way I tell is to pull my reservation up and look at the online booking "stuff". The date in that is 90 days.

3. - You may book one brunch and one dinner in Palo - they ask for all names now. You can't book for anyone whose ressie is not tied to yours.

My! My! My! Page THREE :scared1: :scared1: :scared1:

Everyone must all be very busy. Hope you are all well and getting ready. A year from today we will have enjoyed our first relaxing day at sea. BRING IT ON!!!

I can't wait!!

I checked about the SPH room and there were no more available for us...oh well, you snooze you lose, I should have booked it when I had the chance. That's fine, I'll be happy on deck 2, at least we saved a decent amount of money from what we paid on the last trip.

I can't wait!!

I checked about the SPH room and there were no more available for us...oh well, you snooze you lose, I should have booked it when I had the chance. That's fine, I'll be happy on deck 2, at least we saved a decent amount of money from what we paid on the last trip.

I think I am down on Deck 2 - its the party deck

WOO HOO

With all the $$$ we save, we can do some awesome excursions

That was one of my lessons from last time - do great excursions. We only really did one thing and that was the Pirate Ship in Grand Cayman. After which we went to a beach. In Cozumel we were supposed to do a Catamaran ride but it was really windy so it was cancelled. At Key West, we just did the Trolly Tour.

My youngest was only 5 last time and only a beginner swimmer. We are really working on improving her swimming so my little 7 year old will be able to do more this time.

amazing how fast you fall down to the 2nd page

So I checked my room number finally and we are in 2606. We are happy - the kids will want to be in the AFT so they can run quickly up the stairs for ice cream.

It amazes me how fast they can run the stairs and still not take anyone out.

Funny how one has priorities. We are forward on 6 - fast trip up to Quite Cove - pool, hot tub, bar and cafe!

I ran over a deer today on my way into work. YUK! The vehicle heading in the opposite direction hit it and the (I hope) carcus slide in front of me and I did not have enough time to do anything about it other then go over the top. I tried to straddle it but don't think I made a fetch of that. I hope I stop shaking soon.

Well, my day has no where to go but up so have a great Tuesday everyone.

amazing how fast you fall down to the 2nd page

So I checked my room number finally and we are in 2606. We are happy - the kids will want to be in the AFT so they can run quickly up the stairs for ice cream.

It amazes me how fast they can run the stairs and still not take anyone out.

We are stateroom number 2618 so we will be neighbors :) It would be nice if we both got upgraded to a better floor for the same price :) This year the cruise that went election week was half full, I think this is election week next year as well (albeit it's not a presidential election, it still might have an impact).

Funny how one has priorities. We are forward on 6 - fast trip up to Quite Cove - pool, hot tub, bar and cafe!

I ran over a deer today on my way into work. YUK! The vehicle heading in the opposite direction hit it and the (I hope) carcus slide in front of me and I did not have enough time to do anything about it other then go over the top. I tried to straddle it but don't think I made a fetch of that. I hope I stop shaking soon.

Well, my day has no where to go but up so have a great Tuesday everyone.

OH My Gosh - did you stop? what did you do? I have never hit an animal before

We are stateroom number 2618 so we will be neighbors :) It would be nice if we both got upgraded to a better floor for the same price :) This year the cruise that went election week was half full, I think this is election week next year as well (albeit it's not a presidential election, it still might have an impact).

It probably really depends on the US Economy - the deals to go to WDW in early 2009 are amazing.

A friend just came back from being there a week and they said that they rarely waited to get on a ride. Just walked on some rides. Definately didnt need Fast Pass very often

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter