November 7, 2009 ~~~~ AHOY ST.CROIX ~~~~

Good Morning! Chilly, dreary, blah Monday, there, with allergies in full bloom. The only GOOD thing about today - I didn't have to go to work!

Just giving us our morning bump. My in-laws have decided to cruise with us. That means I have my mom and my wife's parents on the boat with me. Thankfully there are lots of places to get fruity alcoholic beverages if they become too much.

Just giving us our morning bump. My in-laws have decided to cruise with us. That means I have my mom and my wife's parents on the boat with me. Thankfully there are lots of places to get fruity alcoholic beverages if they become too much.

I am there with ya on the fruity drinks.

Greetings from central valley in California where it was a whooping 106 degrees sunday. Hope all is going well this happy tuesday. I am so looking foreward to November. Have a great day!!

Hey everyone,

I saw on tv last night or maybe it was this morning I dont know...But there was a commercial for St Croix on and man it look very nice and tranquil. Be looking out for it. It was surpring and interesting to see it.

Anyway have a good day.

We have fallen again but here is a bump back to page one. I hope that everyone had a great Memorial Day!

DH, youngest DS and I went to Ohio for the weekend to see our folks (DH his mom and me both) while Drew got to see his three grandparents. We had a nice visit all around. The traffic wasn't bad in either direction which is amazing. And then, what in the heck happened to the price of gas?? I really just don't get it. I suppose that I should not budget my fuel surcharge as drink of the day funds, maybe I won't see them back.

Not much else happening here. I did change our flights to Orlando today - just was not happy with the 2-1/2 hour layover in Detroit, DH wanted to arrive early in the day so we will now arrive on Thursday. I hope that the dust has settled with Northwest and they are done with major changes to their flight schedules. A girl can hope, can't she??

Just in case anyone is interested...

Disneyshopping.com or Disneystore.com has some of their summer items on sale now. I got DD a cute Minnie Swimsuit with matching hat and t-shirt. Summer sales are a perfect time to pick up cruise gear.

Bumping back to page one.

Everyone survive the week? Being off Monday thru Wednesday made for a very hectic day at the office for me yesterday but today wasn't quite so bad. I am off to TN and a client site on Sunday and will return Friday so that will be interesting and fun. Love the change of pace.

I have been thinking a lot about my FE gift, I even saw something in the list on the regular board that I thought would be a good idea and not to taxing on my lack of creativity.

Take care all and have a nice weekend.

Gail, I'm starting to look at airfare too. I'm worried about booking and then Delta cancelling flights on us. Since we're using travel vouchers we just have to time the price...no shopping around. But our price is capped so we need to find a deal still. My family is not ready to get their tickets yet- so I'll just go ahead and buy for DH, me, and the kids.

I need to ask my family going with us if they want to do the FE as well. I have a couple ideas but nothing set yet till I see how many we'll have in the exchange.

Gail, I'm starting to look at airfare too. I'm worried about booking and then Delta cancelling flights on us. Since we're using travel vouchers we just have to time the price...no shopping around. But our price is capped so we need to find a deal still. My family is not ready to get their tickets yet- so I'll just go ahead and buy for DH, me, and the kids.

I need to ask my family going with us if they want to do the FE as well. I have a couple ideas but nothing set yet till I see how many we'll have in the exchange.

I had enough miles for DH's and my ticket so I booked our air a long time ago. Northwest did change our flights - first the outbound and then the return. Since they changed it (and they did put me on another flight) I had the option to do whatever I wanted and I did - we are going later in the day on Thursday, will take DME to SSR and then pick our rental up on Friday at the Hilton for our grocery stop and transportation to the port. They were very good about it and while I wasn't exactly pleased at the time, it is OK now.

Hello everyone just checking in. Hope everyone is doing well. I have been so busy lately and havent had time to log on.

I have still been collecting stuff for the FE. I think I have more than I need for the kiddos just need to get things together for the adults. Anyway have a good day or night...whatever makes you happy.

Hello! The girls are coming to scrap today, so I'll probably work on my FE gifts - I can do that without thinking too much, lol, so I can talk uninterrupted.

Gail, have a great trip to Tennessee! Do you get to do anything fun when you're not working?

Happy day, all!

You all will never guess - well, maybe you will. I flew out of Traverse City this morning and they had to DE-ICE the plane. There was no frost in Cadillac (at our house anyway) but I saw frost on the rooftops once we got to TC. On May 31st no less. Geez.

But, no problems with either flight. Luggage and I arrived safely and together, got my rental and made my way to the hotel with no issues. Love it when it is a breeze. Took a cat nap and went exploring - found the outlet mall (with a Bath and Body Works that still had my fav shower gel), found my destination for tomorrow and stopped at WalMart for a new book. Dinner will just be O'Charleys and I will call it all good.

I hope everyone had a great weekend - just puts us that much closer to our trip. Take care and have a great week!

Hey all -

Just wanted to check in and say hello. We just got off The Wonder on Thursday from a 4-night sailing with some family and neighbors. It was the neighbors' first Disney sailing and they LOVED it - of course! This was our 7th Disney sailing and it was really fun to experience some of it through the eyes of first timers. All in all another "Wonder"ful cruise. Despite the recent rains in Florida we had great weather on our trip except for a few hours on the afternoon of Nassau.
We had a fun, magical moment when our family won the "Mickey 200" race! You sign up as teams (our group had 4 teams total, one for each family) and you have 10 minutes to build a race car (for a downhill track) using only a potato, a carrot, 4 plastic wheels, 4 nails and toothpicks. It was hysterical!
In general food was good, Palo was EXCELLENT and the shows were as good as ever. Cast members were awesome, as always, especially those Oceaneer's Club Counselors!!! They rock!:thumbsup2
Must mention one minor disappointment and likely a result of cost cutting. There were no more Pirate bandanas given out on Pirate night. I hadn't brought any of ours from past cruises, expecting we'd get more. A small thing, but it took away a bit from the festivities, I thought.
One other pitfall was that our niece and her boyfriend came down with the norovirus while onboard and my 7-year old had it the day we got home. And, three others in our group got strep/throat infections by the time we got home. Ugh - just one of the hazards of cruising/traveling. Everyone is all better now.
Looking forward to this November cruise with our NJ friends - and possibly those crazy neighbors again. They rebooked onboard for this date but are now looking at schedules, etc.

One more mention:

Something else new since our last cruise in November 08.....

During the second dinner seating, they now offer "Dine n Play" where the counselors from the Kids' Clubs will come into the dining rooms around 9pm and take any kids that want to go to the clubs. SWEET. Just let your servers know and they will rush the kids' dinners so they're ready to go. We took advantage of this a couple of times and it was really nice to finish dinner with just the adults.

I am also a Pats fan So I will sit by her. Tell her to jump in and get to know us. just jokingpopcorn::

OOOoooh, I'm gonna like you guys! Boston transplant here, living, mercifully, with a Philly native. Just try to picture that Eagles/Patriots Superbowl as it played out in my house!!!!
I've been in FL almost 2 years now, but always a Boston fan. I'm not even happy that the Magic beat the Celtics .....

One more mention:

Something else new since our last cruise in November 08.....

During the second dinner seating, they now offer "Dine n Play" where the counselors from the Kids' Clubs will come into the dining rooms around 9pm and take any kids that want to go to the clubs. SWEET. Just let your servers know and they will rush the kids' dinners so they're ready to go. We took advantage of this a couple of times and it was really nice to finish dinner with just the adults.

Neat! We have second seating this time around- DH is not thrilled- but DS will be if he can ditch us all for the club!

Good to see you here again, Donna! I'm glad this Wonder cruise was as great as last year's! We've booked the Wonder for November '10- our freebie cruise for purchasing DVC. :banana:

Too bad about the pirate bandannas. I think that is really chintzy, to not give those out. I thought it was a nice touch, and many cruisers don't read the DIS so they didn't know that they should bring pirate gear to wear. Does anyone know if the Magic is still giving out the bandannas?

Christine

Where is everyone? It has been so quiet around here lately.

Have you given any thought to what you will be doing 5 months from now? I'm happy to say that I'll be enjoying my first day in WDW for a brief pre-cruise stay. Then, in 5 months and 2 days we will all be having a wonderful time sailing aboard the most beautiful ship at sea--The Disney Magic!!!

Where is everyone? It has been so quiet around here lately.

Have you given any thought to what you will be doing 5 months from now? I'm happy to say that I'll be enjoying my first day in WDW for a brief pre-cruise stay. Then, in 5 months and 2 days we will all be having a wonderful time sailing aboard the most beautiful ship at sea--The Disney Magic!!!

HECK YEAH!!!! I can't wait.

Where are you staying pre cruise, Shauna? Just 2 days at the World? i have not even started planning our WDW post cruise trip yet. Gotta get on that. Are you heading down to DL anytime soon? I can't wait to get there soon- gotta see the new Fantasmic, the ads are on TV all the time and it's driving me nuts! It starts June 12 but that's the date my FIL gets here from TN. Not sure I can get to DL with various company coming to stay until my kids leave for grandma's late June. Fantasmic is my very favorite thing at DL- and it's sooooooo much better than WDW's version- I can't wait!

Still trying to corral all my folks into planning their flights, excursions, etc. How come everyone else doesn't want to plan every day out 5 months ahead? Huh? Huh? :hyper:

Christine

We're staying in the new DVC units in Kidani Village (AKV) pre-cruise then at BCV post cruise, so we'll get more than two days at WDW.

The inlaws may be joining us on the cruise, the deposit is down, but they haven't made up their minds yet. I can relate to people not wanting to plan 5 months in advance--I wish they'd decide. We had it all planned out way before and have had our flights booked since Feb.

I wish we could get to DL soon. The new villas at the Grand Californian open up on September 23rd and we added on there--they are going to be gorgeous!!! I'm trying to convince DH to take a short trip there so we can be there on opening day. Trouble is, he has used just about all of his vacation. That and the fact that his brother is returning from 2 years in Uruguay and he wants us to be home when he returns (we were in DL when he left in 2007). If flights are really cheap, maybe we can do a one day trip, but I doubt it. We might have to settle for sneaking down to Anaheim when we come to LA to see Mary Poppins in January.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter