November 6, 2013 - Magic from Miami

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Meets' started by 2 princess 3 princes, Apr 5, 2013.

1. omalley1118

omalley1118 DIS Veteran

Not even sure how many days for us...we go to Vero and WDW August 28th!!!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. magrudersmakes3

magrudersmakes3 DIS Veteran

120 days!!!! So exciting!!!

4. mousefan5

mousefan5 Mouseketeer

Hello everyone. Just checking in to see how eveyone is. This is one of my busy months at works since I am a teacher so I hope it flys by. I still waiting approval so that we can go on this trip. Typically we wait until the new school year starts in August to put in for personal days. I asked and my administrator is going to hopefully get back to me this month. Have a happy May.

5. magrudersmakes3

All is good here. I will keep my fingers crossed that your approval comes through quickly.

We did some shopping today to pick up last minute summer clothes for our June WDW trip. It is finally starting to feel like spring here in IL, we have had some crazy weather the last couple of months.

6. FenwickFamily

FenwickFamily Earning My Ears

Hello everyone:) this will be our first Disney Cruise:cheer!!
    So excited, we have been DVD members for 8 years but kids have been begging for cruise, myself, my dh , ds who is 9 and dd who is 5 will be going. Both my kids have the same birthday and this is their present! I can't wait to see refurbished ship. TA was telling us about fish extenders and gifts sounds cute and fun.... Just need some for info. Thanks

7. omalley1118

omalley1118 DIS Veteran

Welcome!!! There's no going back after we cruised with DCL!!! LOL!! Our first was a free end we got for joining Dvc in 2009. We have sailed on the Wonder and the Dream. I loved both and don't really have a favorite...although the smaller crowds are nice. We also have a DS who is 9 and a dd who is 11.

Mouse fan, here's to hoping that you get your approval!!!

8. mousefan5

mousefan5 Mouseketeer

We have only sailed on the Wonder and really liked the size of the ship. So we are excited to go on the magic and the refurbs are like icing on the cake. I really wish it was a longer cruise bit the other dates didn't seem to work.

9. omalley1118

omalley1118 DIS Veteran

I keep looking at the longer cruises, but the $$$$ is just too much... I would love to do a 7 or longer one. As I said earlier, we have sailed on the classic and the newer ship and loved them both!!! I just think that you can't beat DCL for service and fun!!!

Interestingly, I just won a cruise on Norwegian. I have to book by August and travel by the end of the year. Not sure how how or when I will fit this in... It's a cruise for 2, and we just have to pay the taxes, etc. I have a choice between the Bahamas and Bermuda. Hmmm,m.....

10. magrudersmakes3

Congratulations! I'm sure you will find a way to fit it in lol. I hear you on the 7 day cruise. We could do 2.5 of the Miami cruise for the price of our Fantasy for next July.:scared:

11. Donna3271

Donna3271 DIS Veteran

Omalley,
    A bit off topic, but I LOVE BLT!! The pool is really cool, and I love just walking down the path to Magic Kingdom. We will be there in Jan for the Marathon.

Anyway, I did move to this cruise. The new upgrades sold me, and I like the smaller ships better... now I just need to see if it is cheaper to fly into Miami or Ft. Lauderdale.

12. magrudersmakes3

We fly SW. It was cheaper for us to fly into FLL and use a car service than flying into MIA.

13. mousefan5

mousefan5 Mouseketeer

Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers on this thread. Enjoy your day

14. omalley1118

omalley1118 DIS Veteran

Right back at you and to all the Moms!!!

15. omalley1118

omalley1118 DIS Veteran

I just realized that SW doesn't fly into Miami...what's with that???? You're right, it's just cheaper to fly into ffl. What car service do you use? We are staying in Miami Beach for one or two nights. I was toying with renting a car.

16. magrudersmakes3

Happy Mother's Day to everyone!

17. magrudersmakes3

We are staying at the Dream hotel in South Beach. We originally wanted SAS, but in talking to them, they are chaning the permits and are no longer allowed in South Beach. We called the hotel and they recommend Go Airport Shuttle, so we are using them as a private card. Here is what we are doing with the prices we were quoted.

FLL to hotel - Go Airport Shuttle - quoted $90 (including tip)
    hotel to port - Cab - planning on $20-$30
    port to FLL - SAS shuttle - They told me they can pick up only from port to Airport at $15/person.

We looked at renting a car, but parking locations seem to be few and the port is $20 per day. I miss PC since we always use Park-N-Cruise.

18. omalley1118

omalley1118 DIS Veteran

Thanks for the info. I will look up the shuttle you mentioned.

19. omalley1118

omalley1118 DIS Veteran

So today I called DCL and upgraded to a verandah!!! Happy dance!!! We had one last time, and I really loved it. We didn't get one right away this time to save a little money, but it was only another $131. Oddly enough, dh didn't want one...I'll let him figure it out when we walk into the room for the first time...LOL!!! We are on the 7th deck. Where is everyone else??

20. Donna3271

Donna3271 DIS Veteran

Omalley,
    We are on 8. I just HATE hearing the deck chairs moving around in the AM, but we are 5, so no choice here.

21. magrudersmakes3

We are deck 7 too, we are in 7634.