• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

November 30-Dec 7--who will be there?

Albertan mom

<font color=blue>I didn't mean too, innocent mista
Just wondering if any of you are going that week?

We are getting closer to booking the trip, that is the week we are really leaning towards now!!

We will get there on the 30th at 1:10, and check in. May go to Medievial Times or the Pirate supper that night.

Dec 1-DLand
Dec 2-CAdv
Dec 3-Dland
Dec 4-Seaworld
Dec 5-Knotts
Dec 6-CAdv
Dec 7-leave at 1:50

We may add one more day....
I haven't checked the calendar yet, so may adjust for parades etc.,.

So anyone going during that time?

:flower:

We're going to be there Dec. 4,5,6,7,8 and then we fly home on the 9th.

We're all soooooooo excited! I'm just hoping it isn't too crowded, but I think it should be okay after Dec. 4th since the Candlelight Processional will be over by then. I guess we'll see once we get there.

We'll probably also go to Legoland for a day just to break things up a bit, and from what others have said, our two little guys (6 and 2) should love it.

What hotel are you staying at? We're staying at the Best Western Park Place Inn and Mini Suites, which is right across the street from the main entrance into the Park, so it'll be a great convenience for us to be able to go back and forth whenever we want without having to walk too far.

I hope you have a great time on your trip! It looks very busy and like a lot of fun, fun, fun! :cool1:

I don't know which hotel yet. Our Travel Agent is a Fun Sun vacations agent. The hotels they are associated with are-
Park Inn and Suites
Tropicana Inn
Fairfield Inn
The Disneyland ones

So probably one of those, so we can get a package deal.
We stayed at the Park Inn last time.
The Fairfield is a little farther away and doesn't have breakfast.
So probably the Tropicana.

The BWPPI is right across the street from the entrance, which is great. (the Tropicana is right there too) I love that convenience, I would never stay farther away!

We don't know our exact dates yet. But we will maybe see you there!

We will be there Dec 4th-8th. We are staying at the Grand Califorian, we got a reasonably priced package using Small World Travel.
Like you, I'm hoping for small crowds. I think weekdays should be fine, we won't be at the parks on the weekend.

I was just looking at the calendar for Dec 1-9th.
Looks good!
Nothing is closed for refurbishment!! Yay!!

And there is fireworks and parades everyday!!!
:cool1:

I am bumping this, since I know there must be more, since I cannot find a decent hotel with any availability!!

We are arriving on 11/27 and leaving on Friday, 12/2. I'm hoping that week (we will be in the parks Monday-Thursday) are a little less busy than other times.

I'm there 11-28 to 12-2 and also staying at the DGC. I'm a bit nervous about the crowds. I've gone the week after thanksgiving in the past and and it was slow which was nice. But I'm going to kick back and do more people watching this time. :wave2:

We are staying at the DGC as well. Two things I hope to avoid: unmanageable crowds and rain. Anything else is fine. :)

cmpaige said:
We are staying at the DGC as well. Two things I hope to avoid: unmanageable crowds and rain. Anything else is fine. :)

I hope to avoid those two things as well! I have to admit though, I sometimes find myself hoping for a little rain while we're there at DL because rain seems to keep the crowds away. I'd rather get a little wet vs. fighting huge crowds in warmer/dryer weather. Besides, my kids love the rain - Splish-splash-splish-splash! :umbrella:

Yesterday, I almost considered cancelling our vacation because of all the huge crowds I keep reading about here on this board and others, but then I decided that whatever the situation, we'll just make the best of it. If it's just sooooo crowded at DL that my kids are more frustrated rather than enjoying themselves, there's lots of other things to do around the area like Legoland, Universal Studios, Sea World, Knotts, and even just spending a few hours at the beach could be a blast for the kids! As long as the kids are having fun, then DH and I will be having fun too. :cheer2:

We'll be there from December 1st through December 6th, with one day at Knotts. I can hardly wait!

SSSSSHHHHHH!!! Don't tell DH, but I'm hoping to talk him into a quick DL fix the first weekend of December. We leave for WDW on 12/9, but that leaves plenty of time to shop, pack, Christmas shop and send, complete Christmas cards, etc., etc., etc.

I can still fit in a night or two of DL, don't you think!?!?!?!?!? Please, don't remind DH we were just there for Halloween!!! :blush:

Just a day visit on December 3rd to meet up with some DIS cruise friends and watch Candlelight Processional.

We'll be at the GC from Dec. 6-10 (our favorite week to go) and hope the crowds cooperate as well. At least we'll have 5 days to conquer all the rides! We've requested a mini-fridge in our room recommended by other posters, anyone have good ideas on what to fill it with? Do you think the hotel would mind if I brought in a toaster?!

See y'all there!

We will be there Dec 4 to 10.
Fantasmic riverside on the 4th for the first time.
Staying at HOJO'S. 10 of us going and it is getting here fast!!

Carrie

couponluvr said:
We'll be at the GC from Dec. 6-10 . . .We've requested a mini-fridge in our room recommended by other posters, anyone have good ideas on what to fill it with? Do you think the hotel would mind if I brought in a toaster?!

1. Yes, I think the hotel would have a problem with a toaster if they knew you had one. I'm guessing (PURE SPECULATION) it's against fire code or something. Hiding one becomes a thing if you aren't vigilant about letting it cool COMPLETELY. I'm guessing you don't want to be the family that burned down the GCH, right? ;) But if you are very, very careful. . . :ssst:

2. In the fridge: Fruit, water bottles, half gallon of milk (half gallons are easier to fit--if you want a whole gallon, buy two halves). Lunchmeat if your family wants to have lunch there rather than the park. I read in another thread to collect condiment packets from fast food places rather than bring the mustard, ketchup, etc.

And maybe those little bottles of Baileys Irish Cream. . . :rolleyes1

Have a great trip!

D-n-C

Thanks for the food ideas, they were great! And about the toaster, you're right. I seemed to have forgotten that little fire code violation part. I'm going to pass on the toaster for safety's sake. See y'all around the parks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter