November 30, 2013 - Walt turns 112 on the Wonder

Anyone eyeing any particular excursion there?
We're thinking of the Resort Beach Break. We did a similar excursion 2 years ago in Puerta Vallarta (Las Caletas) and had a great time. There's a good chance we'll have warm weather in Jamaica and the kids (ages 6 and 8) love the beach.

We're also thinking of going through www.jamaicaforaday.com rather than DCL as it's a lot less expensive and appears to give us more time at the resort.

Oh my gosh! All the sudden I have a bunch of awesome FE ideas!!! A couple of them I have to create so I need to make sure I can find the supplies I have in my mind and that I can actually pull them off. My sons new carseat arrives today so I have to wait for that but I'm hoping it comes asap so that I can run out to Hobby Lobby!! I'm itching to start!!!!

I have WAY too many projects that I need to get moving on. I've No idea what we're all going to be for Halloween...need to figure that out soon. But for the cruise I really want to make Sebastian a Sailor (semi-formal), Prince (formal), and Pirate (duh, lol) costume...which will take forever. And I need a pirate costume for myself. DH has 2 different ones...regular and Capt Hook, lol.

So I decided to change rooms, I originally booked 2 inside staterooms on deck 6 forward but I decided I couldn't handle a small lightless room for 7 days :scared: So I called my TA this morning and switched to deck 2 and a deluxe family oceanview at least we will have a window. I think that they gave me a discount though because it was only a 400$ difference between an inside and an oceanview and that's both rooms? :confused3

So I decided to change rooms, I originally booked 2 inside staterooms on deck 6 forward but I decided I couldn't handle a small lightless room for 7 days :scared: So I called my TA this morning and switched to deck 2 and a deluxe family oceanview at least we will have a window. I think that they gave me a discount though because it was only a 400$ difference between an inside and an oceanview and that's both rooms? :confused3

That's awesome! Our 1st cruise was an ocean view! They are nice rooms. We changed to a verandah because we have a smoker in our group... And now Disney has changed the policy. She isn't very happy with that... But we will stay in that room! It might change on futures cruises! Glad the price was right!

We cruised in may this year, 4 days in the bahamas out of Miami and had 2 verandah rooms on deck 6 mid-ship. It was great! I will definitely get balcony rooms again if I can get a good deal. I have 5 boys and my mom always vacations with us, making us a party of 8.

We are booked in a Deluxe Oceanview also. I'd Love a balcony/veranda but the price difference was too much! I don't think I could do the inside room with no window at all!!

I got out yesterday to Michaels and got enough supplies to make a few of my ideas...to make sure they work out. I still need 2 things for one of them but I think they're going to work out. I might attempt to start during nap time today!

wheelears_zps7b45acc9.jpg

So I mostly finished a prototype for one of my gifts!!! There's just a couple things left to do to it and I'll have one done...lol! BUT I love it and I hope everyone else does too!!! Now I need to buy the rest of the supplies for that one...I'm going to go ahead and get enough to make 20 (this is a stateroom gift) and hopefully I won't need more later, Lol! I started, today, a different gift and realized I need something else for IT. HA! I may have what I need downstairs though...need to go check.

AND yesterday I finally was able to sign up to be an Origami Owl rep!!!! SO excited about that!!!!!! I've spent as much time as possible over the last couple days trolling pinterest and finding about a million different themed lockets that people have come up with!!! Amazing!!! My kit should be here tomorrow and then I'll be ordering a bit extra so that I can make up some examples! Woot!!!

Just booked an AMAZING deal for this cruise. Palo's here I come. So excited. Me, Mom, daughter 4, and son 1. So any thoughts on transport from HOU to Galveston the night before?

Woo Hoo!:banana: Just completed my online check-in and made my Palo rezzies. Now I am starting to feel like it's going to be a real vacation!:woohoo:

I'm done with online check-in and booking all excursions. It really is starting to feel real!

Welcome lilbuddy88!

Transportation from either airport to Galveston is one big headache for most everyone cruising out of this port. I really don't understand why the rental car companies don't see the potential to make more money and reopen in Galveston. From everything I've read, I guess tourism took a big hit when the last major storm hit Galveston and it just never really recovered.

I spent the most time figuring out how to handle this part of the trip alone and started second-guessing choosing to go out of Galveston. Especially because I'm on the East Coast in CT and it's much easier for us to get to Florida. But we're hooked on the original Disney ships. We cruised on the Disney Dream last year for the first time and although it's beautiful, it was just way too big for us. The original ships (Wonder and Magic) are just the right size.

I finally decided to reserve a rental car for the entire week (even though it will be parked at the hotel most of the time). Believe it or not, because we were able to book this through our credit card, this was the most affordable transportation option for the four of us. And we'll have the most flexbility with this option as well. Also, we don't have the option of Disney transportation because we're flying into HOU.

As for hotel, we're arriving the day before and are staying at the Four Points Sheraton.

I hope this helps!

I should just start my own shuttle service since I have a new 12 passenger van and live in houston. Apparently I could make lots of money LOL ;)

I should just start my own shuttle service since I have a new 12 passenger van and live in houston. Apparently I could make lots of money LOL ;)

Yes you should!!!

We are flying in thanksgiving day, as it was over $100 cheaper a ticket. We have a party of 7, so our best bet is super shuttle! It's $140 each way. Wish we could do a rental car... But our party size isn't allowing that :-(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter