November 30, 2013 - Walt turns 112 on the Wonder

This is our first Disney Cruise, just booked this week! (We cruised RCCL last year with the Dreamworks characters as a family). So we are new to Disney and also to what I'm now reading about this Fish Extenders thing. Can anyone please link me to what it is all about? Or explain? I'm thinking we'd also like to participate. We're booked in rooms 1040 and 1042, 1042 is one Adult Female, Allison, one boy 6yr old, Bailey, 1040 is my husband Gary, and daughter, 4 yr old, Reese. We are super excited to cruise Disney for the first time!

This is our first Disney Cruise, just booked this week! (We cruised RCCL last year with the Dreamworks characters as a family). So we are new to Disney and also to what I'm now reading about this Fish Extenders thing. Can anyone please link me to what it is all about? Or explain? I'm thinking we'd also like to participate. We're booked in rooms 1040 and 1042, 1042 is one Adult Female, Allison, one boy 6yr old, Bailey, 1040 is my husband Gary, and daughter, 4 yr old, Reese. We are super excited to cruise Disney for the first time!

Hi!!! Welcome! You are going to LOVE cruising with Disney!

Fish Extenders...lol...lets see. First you need *something* to hold goodies in. If you search for Fish Extenders on Etsy you'll see some great ones. Usually 1 pocket per person in the cabin but some people do just one pocket for the whole family or just for the kids, etc. You don't even have to use those. At Christmas I saw people use stockings! You hang it outside your stateroom door. When you sign up you agree to get together little gifts for everyone/family on the list. I've seen handmade things, things specific to states/countries, etc etc. Search on here and you'll find a million ideas! It's great fun!

Welcome!!! So excited to have more!!! FEs are fun... My only rule is to have fun! It is very exciting to come back to the room and see gifts in your FE! It's also fun to teach the kids giving while on vacation! I have a 10yr old.. Our 1st cruise he was 9... My rules were that we ate together and watched the evening show together! FE was the only other time we had to be together! With that rule everyone seemed to spend extra fun time together!

Let me know if you are for sure wanting to do the FE. If you can't add yourself I'm more than willing to add!

Glad to have you on board with us!

It is not letting me add anything to the spreadsheet, it's view only mode for me, so please add me, thanks! We've gone to Disneyworld in 2012 and 2011, so I know the kids are going to be thrilled to combine Disney with a cruise. I love these message boards, I could spend the entire day and night reading them.

I added you!

I also think I found the editing issue, so anyone should be able to add info now!

We have had quite the weekend!! We had cousins from Oklahoma that I haven't seen in a years, and an uncle from Washington came as well! We sent Brit's fiancé to Korea for a year:-( so I'm headed to bed now!!

I bought supplies for a few of my FE gifts!!! So excited! I stole an idea from our last cruise that I absolutely loved..
157 days!!!! :cool1::cool1:

Air fare is booked!!!!! We will be flying on thanksgiving day! We get into Houston at 4pm. Will have to find places to eat... And hopefully a Walmart next to our hotel... for Black Friday shopping.. Woohoo!

I bought supplies for a few of my FE gifts!!! So excited! I stole an idea from our last cruise that I absolutely loved..
157 days!!!! :cool1::cool1:

Oooh! I can't wait! I keep wanting to start buying/creating but since we've no idea how many will join yet I'm not sure if I should wait. Though if I see something Amazing I know I'll bite! LOL

Air fare is booked!!!!! We will be flying on thanksgiving day! We get into Houston at 4pm. Will have to find places to eat... And hopefully a Walmart next to our hotel... for Black Friday shopping.. Woohoo!

Are you staying in Houston or Galveston?

There's an outlet mall close to Galveston... :-)

We will be staying in Galveston... We were debating on where to stay, so we just booked 2 rooms at the inn at the waterpark... 1 because of price, and 2 someone front that last cruise stayed there and said it was a great for the price.

We have everything booked... Except transportation to and from Hobby. It's so hard with the 7 of us. I would have loved to have rented a car, but its almost $800 for the week for a mini van. And none if the cars places will le us pick up at hobby and drop off in Galveston. :-(

We will be staying in Galveston... We were debating on where to stay, so we just booked 2 rooms at the inn at the waterpark... 1 because of price, and 2 someone front that last cruise stayed there and said it was a great for the price.

We have everything booked... Except transportation to and from Hobby. It's so hard with the 7 of us. I would have loved to have rented a car, but its almost $800 for the week for a mini van. And none if the cars places will le us pick up at hobby and drop off in Galveston. :-(

You should check prices on a limo. Sounds expensive but we did a limo for a cruise we took out of Tampa and it was Surprisingly not bad!!

There's one Walmart on the island and it's across from the beach so you'll be able to find that easily...though if you don't have a car it's not in walking distance from your hotel I don't think.

TONS of places to eat. Tons and Tons and Tons. Even a Rainforest Cafe (I'm a sucker for that place) with a ride inside!!

Dang... We went to a wedding on a Carnival cruise yesterday (we didn't cruise, just hopped on for the day, which was very cool!) and getting off my husband was all "This sucks...everyone else gets to cruise!" Lol. So he said he wanted to go on a cruise this summer - any cruise...just something to get us through between now and November! Well...I *think* there are only 3 lines that sail from Galveston and, while I haven't checked Disney, they're all FULL until at least September! LMAO. Ah well. Would have been nice!

You should check prices on a limo. Sounds expensive but we did a limo for a cruise we took out of Tampa and it was Surprisingly not bad!!

There's one Walmart on the island and it's across from the beach so you'll be able to find that easily...though if you don't have a car it's not in walking distance from your hotel I don't think.

TONS of places to eat. Tons and Tons and Tons. Even a Rainforest Cafe (I'm a sucker for that place) with a ride inside!!

Thanks for the info! We have looked at the Limo stuff also, still not sure what we are going to do...

Fab3Boat_zps13fcc3b5.jpg

Happy 4th everyone!! I get to work all weekend, so thought I'd stop by and say happy 4th, may it be fun and safe for all!

Hello everyone! We just booked our first cruise and we are so e xcited! In one room it will be myself Barbara , myhusband Kurt who will also be celebrating his birthday on Dec. 2nd, our daughter Briley who will just have turned 10 and our daughter Kinley who would just have turned. 8. Also joining us in another room will be my mom Bonnie and my step-dad Marc. We would love to sign up for the FE gifts too please. I have been trying to read up on how it all works and it seems so fun! Also I was wondering is there a facebook page set up for our dates? We changed our dates due to school tests and the other dates we had , had a fb page and it was pretty helpful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter