November 3, 2012 - Election Escape Eastern!!

I am 14 and i am going in the teen club and i want to know if there are any teens on here who are going on the Cruise in Nov. 3.

I am 14 and i am going in the teen club and i want to know if there are any teens on here who are going on the Cruise in Nov. 3.

Hi Tinkerbell ..... There are quite a number of teens in our group. It's great to see you here. May I ask, who are you traveling with?

I see in your signature line that you listed a western Caribean November 2009, we also did the western Carribean on the Magic on October 31 -November 7, 2009. Which Western were you on?

Hi Steve,

I'm trying to remember, I think it was the 13th. It went to Castaway Cay twice. We surprised our girls with that cruise. That morning we told our DD's that we were going to stay at another resort, and had to wait outside for a van. My DD's had always wanted to ride in a limo, so we thought we would add that to the surprise. When the limo pulled up Dh and I just sat there for a few minutes, and DD's were waiting, excited to see who would get in. My DH is a practical joker, and he teased the girls saying "What do you think that guy would do if I go over and put my luggage in that limo"? DD's were so mortified, and kept saying "No dad, you're so embarrassing, if you do I'm going to leave". Of course, he did, and then I got in. They grabbed their luggage and took off running. It was so funny! We finally told them it was there to take us to our resort. After about a half of an hour drive, they asked us where we were going, and we told them that we rented the limo for 2 hours, and that we were taking a ride and would be at our resort soon. I will never forget their faces as we topped the bridge by the port and they saw the Magic. It was priceless. Wish we had video taped it. It was a truly a magical day!

Hi Tinkerbell ..... There are quite a number of teens in our group. It's great to see you here. May I ask, who are you traveling with?

That would be my daughter Jade! I was telling her about the Teen Chat, and I guess she thought she needed to sign up here. If you can guide me in the right direction, I will help her. We are four hours ahead of eastern time. She might be able to chat for only a short time if she has school the next day.

Also, I noticed we are not on the roll call list. Could someone please add us?
I'm Charyl Lee, DH is Jeff, (8552) DD's are Jade-14, and Paige-17 (8550). My son is also with us, and they are Monty, Debbie, and Kaylee-10 (8554). Thanks so much.

Hi Steve,

I'm trying to remember, I think it was the 13th. It went to Castaway Cay twice. We surprised our girls with that cruise. That morning we told our DD's that we were going to stay at another resort, and had to wait outside for a van. My DD's had always wanted to ride in a limo, so we thought we would add that to the surprise. When the limo pulled up Dh and I just sat there for a few minutes, and DD's were waiting, excited to see who would get in. My DH is a practical joker, and he teased the girls saying "What do you think that guy would do if I go over and put my luggage in that limo"? DD's were so mortified, and kept saying "No dad, you're so embarrassing, if you do I'm going to leave". Of course, he did, and then I got in. They grabbed their luggage and took off running. It was so funny! We finally told them it was there to take us to our resort. After about a half of an hour drive, they asked us where we were going, and we told them that we rented the limo for 2 hours, and that we were taking a ride and would be at our resort soon. I will never forget their faces as we topped the bridge by the port and they saw the Magic. It was priceless. Wish we had video taped it. It was a truly a magical day!

That sounds like a great time and memory, we did a similar thing when we were on our first Magic cruise. We received a call from our TA 5 days before our our trip stating that she received a call from DCL asking if it would be okay to upgrade us from a porthole room on the 5th deck to a deluxe family with a verandha on the eigth deck. We got off the elevator on deck eight mid-ship and explained our mistake that it would be easier to walk to the front of the ship and take the elevator back down to deck five since our cabin was forward on deck 5. The upgraded cabin was the most forward cabin on deck 8, when we got to the new cabin, it was next to a crew only door, and had no choice to stop. I teased our 13 and 9 y/o DD by trying our key card and swiping the door as a joke, they were surprised and horrified as the door opened. I said lets just take a look to see what this room looked like since there was no body checked in. I walked in and dropped my carry-on on the floor by the door and walked acroos the room and opened the slider and walked out onto the verandah. The kids were apprehensive but came out and looked out from the verandah also. Then I told them it was time to leave and to go find our correct cabin on deck 5. When we came back into the cabin they found my wife laying out on the bed with the tv on. What a look of fear on the girls faces at what Mom was doing! That was when we explained that it was our new cabin, and that we had been upgraded by Disney Magic and pixie dust!pixiedust:

The thirteenth of November 2009 would sound right as it would have been two weeks after ours, and that should have been an Eastern itinerary.

Looks like this will be the movie onboard for the cruise!
http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/disney/wreckitralph/

My daughter was just telling me about this... popcorn:: looks like we will spending a couple hours watching this one.

I think I am the only person hoping to NOT get upgraded. I have midship inside that has a bunk. Exactly what we want. I keep checking everyday to be sure they haven't changed my room number. :goodvibes

My daughter was just telling me about this... popcorn:: looks like we will spending a couple hours watching this one.

I think I am the only person hoping to NOT get upgraded. I have midship inside that has a bunk. Exactly what we want. I keep checking everyday to be sure they haven't changed my room number. :goodvibes

once you have a stateroom number, you usually have to request and upgrade and pay for it. Mostly, it is those that are GTY that get upgrades at no cost.

Sulley is excited about this one too! He was the one who showed me the trailer. It's always his first concern re what's happening on a cruise...what new movie will be onboard! :rotfl:

We have officially been assigned a stateroom and we could not be happier to have gotten some pixie dust. We had originally booked an ocean view and we got upgraded to a Verandah! So happy!! :cool1::cool1: :cheer2::cheer2:

No we are even more excited!! Can't wait to see the coast of Puerto Rico from our room as we approach the bay! :yay::yay:

Can November get here already, we are all ready to go!

We have officially been assigned a stateroom and we could not be happier to have gotten some pixie dust. We had originally booked an ocean view and we got upgraded to a Verandah! So happy!! :cool1::cool1: :cheer2::cheer2:

No we are even more excited!! Can't wait to see the coast of Puerto Rico from our room as we approach the bay! :yay::yay:

Can November get here already, we are all ready to go!

Isn't that the greatest feeiling!!??!? We GTYers are getting good news this week!

:sail:

It really is!! :thumbsup2
I had no idea what gty was or how it even worked until I noticed I was on it, then I started learning about it. I know pixie dust is no guaranteed, but it sure feels nice to get some! I hope everyone gets what they want! Can't wait to receive our cruise documents and tags :)

Isn't that the greatest feeiling!!??!? We GTYers are getting good news this week!

:sail:

That would be my daughter Jade! I was telling her about the Teen Chat, and I guess she thought she needed to sign up here. If you can guide me in the right direction, I will help her. We are four hours ahead of eastern time. She might be able to chat for only a short time if she has school the next day.

Also, I noticed we are not on the roll call list. Could someone please add us?
I'm Charyl Lee, DH is Jeff, (8552) DD's are Jade-14, and Paige-17 (8550). My son is also with us, and they are Monty, Debbie, and Kaylee-10 (8554). Thanks so much.

Ah! Ok. I just wanted to make sure she 'belonged' to someone on our cruise. I know I can't always be sure, but I want to try to make our teens' chat as safe as I possibly can. If she would like to join the chat, please send me an email address. I will send the invitation to join the chat via Chatzy to that address. Follow the link and the instructions.

I will add you to the Roll Call in just a bit! :)

Sulley is excited about this one too! He was the one who showed me the trailer. It's always his first concern re what's happening on a cruise...what new movie will be onboard! :rotfl:

I'm planning to email concierge a couple of weeks before the cruise to get the movie list. I will put it on the first post when I find out. :happytv:

Has anyone ever had an upgrade from a DVC points paid cabin? I've seen so many getting upgrades with a GRT cabin. Just wonder if it ever happens for paid (cash or points) cabin?

Has anyone ever had an upgrade from a DVC points paid cabin? I've seen so many getting upgrades with a GRT cabin. Just wonder if it ever happens for paid (cash or points) cabin?

We had been upgraded about 5 days before our first cruise on a paid cash reservation with a chosen room, to a 2 room level on the Magic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter