November 3, 2012 - Election Escape Eastern!!

I call my daughter Jady all the time. Her other nickname is Jadybug. :) So, is your dd in 2nd grade? Mine is.

Jadybug...love that!! So cute. We use JadyGirl or "Sis".

My daughter finished second grade in June. Will be in grade 3 in September.

Have a magical day! ::MinnieMo::MickeyMo

Hello to all!

My name is Charyl Lee, and my family and I will be joining you on the Nov 3rd sailing. I was wondering if you could let me know of any meets or activities that you might have planned for the cruise? We have three staterooms, and there are 7 of us. Thank you!

8550 - Paige 17, Jade 14 (daughters)
8552 - Charyl Lee, Jeff (mom and Dad)
8554 - Monty, Debbie, Kaylee 10 (son and family)

So .... I'm curious (because I, too, have a 16 yo and a 7 yo and know my kids) .... will your 7 yo be ok in the room alone? My 16 yo stays out until the teen club closes, but my 7 yo goes to bed much earlier.

That is our concern with out adjoining rooms.

DW is not real keen on that but we would be in our room next door at the time and not leave him alone.

Yippee!!!! You won't need a boarding time next year, either. :)

I can't believe we finally made it! but I figure that will be the signal to DCL they need to 'revamp' and I will be down in the bottom again! :rotfl2:

Hello to all!

My name is Charyl Lee, and my family and I will be joining you on the Nov 3rd sailing. I was wondering if you could let me know of any meets or activities that you might have planned for the cruise? We have three staterooms, and there are 7 of us. Thank you!

:welcome: Lots of exciting things. I think we have a meet on boarding day at the little bar across from Guest Services (name escapes me at the moment) It's just to the side of the atrium. I thnk it's 3:30, but I might be confusing a previous cruise.... We are using the beautiful logo that NTheory made on red tee-shirts. There is a fb page ... Ntheory can hook you up with that and we have online chats occasionally on fridays at 8:30.
Glad to have you and your family join us!!

I can't believe we finally made it! but I figure that will be the signal to DCL they need to 'revamp' and I will be down in the bottom again! :rotfl2:

:welcome: Lots of exciting things. I think we have a meet on boarding day at the little bar across from Guest Services (name escapes me at the moment) It's just to the side of the atrium. I thnk it's 3:30, but I might be confusing a previous cruise.... We are using the beautiful logo that NTheory made on red tee-shirts. There is a fb page ... Ntheory can hook you up with that and we have online chats occasionally on fridays at 8:30.
Glad to have you and your family join us!!

Most of the critical details are on the First entry of the discussion group, including the facebook link and the meet location and time.

Welcome!

Hello to all!

:welcome: Nice to have you! :flower3:

:cool1::cool1:Come join us for the next Adult Chat on Saturday August 4 from 8:30 PM until ?. Since it seems there are a lot of cruisers waiting for that 90 Day mark at midnight, lets make this a party! :yay::yay:

Jadybug...love that!! So cute. We use JadyGirl or "Sis".

My daughter finished second grade in June. Will be in grade 3 in September.

Have a magical day! ::MinnieMo::MickeyMo

Ah. Here, the schools force the kids to be 8 before September 1 in order to go into 3rd. My daughter is homeschooled, so a year ahead of others born at the same time.

I hope that our girls become fast friends. Of course, that could be confusing for us moms!! LOL!

Hello to all!

Welcome, Charyl Lee!!! Great to have you on the cruise. We have lots going on - and things are generally posted on the first post of this thread. You can find us on FB at http://www.facebook.com/groups/237958892943396/. Just request a join, and I'll add you. I'll put your family on our roll call, too. :)

That is our concern with out adjoining rooms.

DW is not real keen on that but we would be in our room next door at the time and not leave him alone.

Yeah, I would be the same way. If it was our family, we'd end up having guys (dh and ds) in one room and girls in the other.

Hahaha ... you're probably right. I mean, think about it. Once everyone becomes Platinum, there will be too many that *could* be at the terminal at once. It will be interesting to see what they end up doing with it.

Hahaha ... you're probably right. I mean, think about it. Once everyone becomes Platinum, there will be too many that *could* be at the terminal at once. It will be interesting to see what they end up doing with it.

Yeah, but just so long as I get to enjoy that benefit once before they do so! Our 35th anniversary next year would be good!

I would love to as well and we usually stay at the Hyatt at the airport and are among the first at the port. We always get boarding group 2 that way. But this time we added three days at BLT before the cruise and know the buses from the resort don't even leave the resorts until after 11. :(

Upside is no hanging around in the terminal with no place to sit for a couple of hours and being able to almost walk straight into our stateroom. Both ways have pros and cons! :)

This cruise makes us platinum so next year we will be in the concierge area, I guess! :hyper:

Robby and I will be coming from AKL. Do you know do they take one bus from all the resorts or do they have a bus from each resort? If we end up on the same bus, I'm going to be trying very hard to convince Robby that we are dropping a few people off at the port and the bus continues on the Vero Beach. So far that is working, but I'm not sure how I will continue that on Saturday morning when we get on the bus. If we get the T-Shirts made, I'm going to have them ready and give him his just as we arrive at the port. Are you planning on wearing the T-shirt that morning on the bus ride over? We can look for you if we stop at BLT on the ride. This has been really painful keeping this from the 10 year old. At least it will be an 11th birthday he won't forget. :earsboy:

Robby and I will be coming from AKL. Do you know do they take one bus from all the resorts or do they have a bus from each resort? If we end up on the same bus, I'm going to be trying very hard to convince Robby that we are dropping a few people off at the port and the bus continues on the Vero Beach. So far that is working, but I'm not sure how I will continue that on Saturday morning when we get on the bus. If we get the T-Shirts made, I'm going to have them ready and give him his just as we arrive at the port. Are you planning on wearing the T-shirt that morning on the bus ride over? We can look for you if we stop at BLT on the ride. This has been really painful keeping this from the 10 year old. At least it will be an 11th birthday he won't forget. :earsboy:

Well hello, we are coming from AKL on DCL transfers too! :wave: I've been told that there will be 2-3 resort stops so not all of them, but there is also no way to tell what # your resort is in the line until the night prior when they drop off your documents. Based on the time you are picked up you can kind of guess if you are early or later on the bus (I think they start at 11:30). They also use the buses that say DCL on them sometimes so saying they stop at both might be for the best just in case!

I have a question as well... we are ready to be PIF finally but before I send it over to my TA I am curious if we would still be able to get trip insurance and add on prepaid tips or if that has to be done prior even if you use an outside insurance company.

Thanks all!

OH, but what fun to be when he finds out. If you want to keep it a secret until we reach port, I would tell him the bus goes to the port then onto Vero Beach. Perhaps you can find a couple of willing people at AKL to aid and abet you in carrying out that little deception...even the DCL people at the resort might be willing to add to the fun! Doesn't hurt to ask.
We will be wearing our shirts I think. We will be getting on at the Contemporary itself, that's where the stop is. Don't know if we will be the same bus or not....I guess it depends, but I think that we would be getting people from the Poly, GF and Wilderness Lodge. AKL might share with the DTD resorts.

Well hello, we are coming from AKL on DCL transfers too! :wave: I've been told that there will be 2-3 resort stops so not all of them, but there is also no way to tell what # your resort is in the line until the night prior when they drop off your documents. Based on the time you are picked up you can kind of guess if you are early or later on the bus (I think they start at 11:30). They also use the buses that say DCL on them sometimes so saying they stop at both might be for the best just in case!

I have a question as well... we are ready to be PIF finally but before I send it over to my TA I am curious if we would still be able to get trip insurance and add on prepaid tips or if that has to be done prior even if you use an outside insurance company.

Thanks all!

I don't know about the insurance, your TA should be able to answer that. When we did the 2 day cruise, a week ago they automatically added the tips to our account without my having to do anything. I think that's the NEW new system, they add them and if you have issues THEN you go to Guest Services about changing the amounts, what-have-you.

It feels good to be in Double Digits for this trip! I'm so ready for a few days in WDW then relaxing on a beautiful cruise! :cloud9:

Do you know your order? Should I know ours? Which one do I want? Do I care? Why do I ask so many questions? Why can't the Mets win a game?

But seriously, I have heard the second Animators night is fun so don't want to schedule a fancy meal that night at Palo or Remy.

Oh and welcome Charyl, we are right down the hall.

Do you know your order? Should I know ours? Which one do I want? Do I care? Why do I ask so many questions? Why can't the Mets win a game?

But seriously, I have heard the second Animators night is fun so don't want to schedule a fancy meal that night at Palo or Remy.

Oh and welcome Charyl, we are right down the hall.

The only thing I know is Pirate night is St. Thomas. I have never found out my rotation before getting my KTTW card and this will be my 10th cruise with DCL. I know what you mean about wishing you knew in advance where you will be on any given night! The Animator's that is the fun one is the night you have cruise casual in that dining room. Each of the theme nights have the theme menu regardless of the dining room you are seated in and they don't do the 'show' on those nights.
So if you want to be sure you don't miss the show, schedule your Remy's or Palos for one of the theme nights. (Formal, Semi-formal, Pirate, Til we Meet Again)

I've heard this is a wonderful new Animators show!

That might be the night we try for. Not the biggest into the pirate night so maybe it will be easier to get Palo on that night.

That might be the night we try for. Not the biggest into the pirate night so maybe it will be easier to get Palo on that night.

It's our least favorite menu so we are doing Remy's :thumbsup2
Plus we have late seating dinner and never get a good look at the party, so we did early Remy's and then down to the stateroom to change into pirates! ARGH!!!!

Down to double digits!!! 99 days! I would like to speed the days until we leave, but slow them once the cruise starts....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter