November 3, 2012 - Election Escape Eastern!!

We are booked on this cruise !! I was afraid to join the meet because everytime I do it is like this kiss of death and we end up switching dates. I really hope not to as I am super excited to be on the Fantasy and to see San Juan !

Cruising will be: DH and Myself (30 somethings) DD who will be 12 then (Im sure she would prefer I tell you 12.5 :) ) and DS who will be 3 (3.5!)

Edited to add that we are in cabin 10664 :) Can't wait to see what these aft balconies are all about .

We are cruising with you all,too.
My name is Conny,45 and with me will be my Sister Silke,43.We are fro Germany and this will be our 5 Disneycruise.
We booked this on our Dream Cruise in May with the intention of pushing it back to late 2013,but 2 years is to much time to wait,so we´ll keep the booked date and can´t wait to see St.Thoams and San juan.
Our first Disneycruise was a Eastern in 2004 but I managed to injure my knee,so we only saw Paradise Point and nothing else.
Can´t wait to go.
Conny

We are booked on this cruise !! I was afraid to join the meet because everytime I do it is like this kiss of death and we end up switching dates. I really hope not to as I am super excited to be on the Fantasy and to see San Juan !

Cruising will be: DH and Myself (30 somethings) DD who will be 12 then (Im sure she would prefer I tell you 12.5 :) ) and DS who will be 3 (3.5!)

Edited to add that we are in cabin 10664 :) Can't wait to see what these aft balconies are all about .

My name is Conny,45 and with me will be my Sister Silke,43.We are fro Germany and this will be our 5 Disneycruise.
We booked this on our Dream Cruise in May with the intention of pushing it back to late 2013,but 2 years is to much time to wait,so we´ll keep the booked date and can´t wait to see St.Thoams and San juan.
Our first Disneycruise was a Eastern in 2004 but I managed to injure my knee,so we only saw Paradise Point and nothing else.
Can´t wait to go.
Conny

Welcome!!:welcome:

Wow! This looks like a fun group! Y'all are already on a roll, so decided to say hi!
Planning to book this in about, oh, ONE WEEK while we are on the DREAM! :cool1: So hope you don't mind if I drop in and say hi! Just want to get the onboard booking credit, otherwise we'd be booked by now! :thumbsup2

It's just me and DH, we are empty nesters, and this cruise will follow a trip to WDW with our oldest son and his family...our grandchildren will be 5, almost 6 and 3 and 1/2, so we figured we were going to need to recuperate and what better way than a cruise for the two of us! :goodvibes It will be cruise #9 for us. We will both be 54 at cruise time.

We are extremely excited about the new port of San Juan!! I look forward to getting to know you all! :flower3:

ETA: we booked and are in stateroom 9014!!! This will be our first cruise FORWARD!!!

Wow! This looks like a fun group! Y'all are already on a roll, so decided to say hi!
Planning to book this in about, oh, ONE WEEK while we are on the DREAM! :cool1: So hope you don't mind if I drop in and say hi! Just want to get the onboard booking credit, otherwise we'd be booked by now! :thumbsup2

It's just me and DH, we are empty nesters, and this cruise will follow a trip to WDW with our oldest son and his family...our grandchildren will be 5, almost 6 and 3 and 1/2, so we figured we were going to need to recuperate and what better way than a cruise for the two of us! :goodvibes It will be cruise #9 for us. We will both be 54 at cruise time.

We are extremely excited about the new port of San Juan!! I look forward to getting to know you all! :flower3:

Welcome Va-NanaTink!!

I'm heading to WDW today for a long weekend, then won't be back in Florida until next November, 2012 for the cruise.

Welcome Va-NanaTink!!

I'm heading to WDW today for a long weekend, then won't be back in Florida until next November, 2012 for the cruise.

Hope you had a great weekend at WDW!!! We are home now from our b2b...:sad1: We had an awesome time! There were a few wrinkles in our cruise, but overall, it went well. There are a few issues I'm hoping Disney addresses on the Fantasy...I plan to write a letter about a few 'glitches' mostly related to traffic flow on the ship.

But we DID book this cruise, so Sulley and I will be joining you all...this will be cruise #10 for us, we also booked an Alaska cruise as well....:rolleyes1

Hope you had a great weekend at WDW!!! We are home now from our b2b...:sad1: We had an awesome time! There were a few wrinkles in our cruise, but overall, it went well. There are a few issues I'm hoping Disney addresses on the Fantasy...I plan to write a letter about a few 'glitches' mostly related to traffic flow on the ship.

But we DID book this cruise, so Sulley and I will be joining you all...this will be cruise #10 for us, we also booked an Alaska cruise as well....:rolleyes1

Greetings. We also booked this sailing on last week's Dream sailing. Sorry VananaTink we didn't get to meet (again) but maybe on this sailing. We also thought there were a few glitches on the new ship that I hope they address on the Fantasy but the Dream was a gorgeous vessel for sure.

For this Fantasy sailing, it will be me, DW and DDs who will be 14 and 8 (almost 9) on this cruise!

:welcome:

Welcome to all of the new cruisers!! Even though it is still over a year away, I am so excited to be talking about the cruise.

I'm looking forward to our upcoming chats.

Take care and have an excellent weekend.

Hi all!

We just booked this cruise this morning. It will be my wife and I (Joe and Angela) with twin girls (Danielle and Elizabeth) who will be 9 yrs old at sailing.

We are booked into adjoining cabins 2513 & 2515. We used Beth at Dreams Unlimited to book the cruise, who was very patient with my many questions.

We haven't even told the girls yet, they will be very excited.

Does anybody know if they will have any Halloween activites on the cruise? I know that they usually have them for the entire month of Oct.

Looking forward to the cruise!

Joe

That's us!! :banana:

I just put down my deposit yesterday, am very excited to be taking my first Disney Cruise! It will be Jersey week for us and am looking forward to missing the Election chaos.

We are in room 8684 and it will be Myself, DH, and two boys 11 and 7 at the time of sailing!

That is our exact thinking. We never go on vacation for Jersey week, since we usually get 2 days off, but I think with the election, the school will be closed for 4 days.

Joe

We were just thinking the same thing about election day...didn't even realize when we book this cruise. Does anyone know how we get to vote still since we will be on a cruise? Are we absentee or something?

Also, what's the deal with Jersey Week? Never been to Disney during that time. We are heading down a few days before the cruise to spend some time at the parks etc. Is it really crowded?

Thanks! Is it almost time to start packing for the cruise yet? I wish we were all leaving tomorrow and not 16mths!!!!

SO happy right now,just got of the phone with Disney UK,and booked us 6 nights at an OKW Studio after the cruise with "free-dining".:banana:
Now I have to keep my eyes open for some good Flights.
Conny

I'm in... This will be a 4 generation cruise including my 3 daughters (2 of them are gwtw428 & avonlady1001), their husbands, my 4 grandkids, my sister and my parents. It's gonna be AWESOME! Can't wait! :yay::yay::yay:

ºoº

We were just thinking the same thing about election day...didn't even realize when we book this cruise. Does anyone know how we get to vote still since we will be on a cruise? Are we absentee or something?

Also, what's the deal with Jersey Week? Never been to Disney during that time. We are heading down a few days before the cruise to spend some time at the parks etc. Is it really crowded?

Thanks! Is it almost time to start packing for the cruise yet? I wish we were all leaving tomorrow and not 16mths!!!!

"Jersey week" was dubbed at WDW because NJ schools are closed Thursday and Friday, usually the first or 2nd week of November, for the NJEA teacher convention. A lot of residents just take off the Mon-Wed for vacation. We were in WDW last Jersey week and the only really busy days were the actual Thursday, Friday and Saturday of the convention, which will be the weekend we're at sea. The week before may be somewhat crowded as well because it will be Halloween.

I'm in... This will be a 4 generation cruise including my 3 daughters (2 of them are gwtw428 & avonlady1001), their husbands, my 4 grandkids, my sister and my parents. It's gonna be AWESOME! Can't wait! :yay::yay::yay:

ºoº

:welcome: sounds like lots of fun and lots of planning in your future!!! :)

We are from NJ. 2 years ago we did this cruise over Jersey week. The fact that it was Jersey week really had no bearing on the cruise itself. For us it was great because we met a bunch of great people here on the boards who were from Jersey, so we planned a pre-cruise meet (2 actually).

Last year we went to WDW. We did not find it any more crowded. A lot of the schools did not give the Tuesday of election day off. And there were districts that used to give the whole week off that didn't.

We are hoping that for 2012 they will give us the Tuesday of election day off so we will only be pulling the kids out of school for 2 days. Our problem is we won't get the school schedule in time to book the flights (we like to book as soon as they come out for cheapest rates)

As for "voting" that someone asked. Just do an absentee ballot before you leave.

Can´t wait to go.
Conny

ETA: we booked and are in stateroom 9014!!! This will be our first cruise FORWARD!!!

Hi all!

We just booked this cruise this morning. It will be my wife and I (Joe and Angela) with twin girls (Danielle and Elizabeth) who will be 9 yrs old at sailing.

We are booked into adjoining cabins 2513 & 2515. We used Beth at Dreams Unlimited to book the cruise, who was very patient with my many questions.

We haven't even told the girls yet, they will be very excited.

Does anybody know if they will have any Halloween activites on the cruise? I know that they usually have them for the entire month of Oct.

Looking forward to the cruise!

Joe

Welcome to all of you!! I've added you to the (what will be "infamous" by cruise time) post one. :)

Joe - I really don't think that there will be anything Halloween on the ship since we're not leaving until November. They usually get rid of all evidence of a holiday as soon as the holiday is over.

We are from NJ. 2 years ago we did this cruise over Jersey week. The fact that it was Jersey week really had no bearing on the cruise itself. For us it was great because we met a bunch of great people here on the boards who were from Jersey, so we planned a pre-cruise meet (2 actually).

Last year we went to WDW. We did not find it any more crowded. A lot of the schools did not give the Tuesday of election day off. And there were districts that used to give the whole week off that didn't.

We are hoping that for 2012 they will give us the Tuesday of election day off so we will only be pulling the kids out of school for 2 days. Our problem is we won't get the school schedule in time to book the flights (we like to book as soon as they come out for cheapest rates)

As for "voting" that someone asked. Just do an absentee ballot before you leave.

Jeff ... I'm thinking that they will let ya'll off for election day in 2012 since it's a presidential. I understand not having it off for an 'off' year election.

Our area offers early voting, so we'll take advantage of that. If you don't have that option, I'd go with the absentee voting.

We booked a dummy cruise onboard last Nov
And last spring we booked this cruise.

Me, DW, DD 16, DS7 and 2 of DD friends, along with maybe inlaws
:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter