November 3, 2012 Disney Magic

Ok, so this is probably going to be crazy, but I need to know if it's possible! :scratchin

How far from the port is Bubba Gump's Shrimp Co.? Like walking distance? Would it be doable to arrive at the port on the first Disney shuttle of the day, run to Bubba Gumps's for lunch, then board the ship? We've been really wanting to go there and this is the first opportunity we've had :)

Definitely not walkable unless you want an all day activity. You'd have to take a cab and remember it's Lone Star Rally weekend so traffic will be even more crazy than normal. I wouldn't want to attempt and then worry about getting back.

I'm officially crazy. I signed up for a 5K the day after we get back. Rock n Roll Mini-Marathon on the 11th. Anyone else going to be doing some running on deck 4?

We have plans to hit the gym every day but would be interested in running on the deck. We used to run 5ks all the time when we lived in Fl and loved it. Now we're just an old out of shape married couple who needs to get in gear again.

Hey FE Crew... I am going to buy/order stuff for my gifts so I am making one last post to make sure everyone that wants in the FE exchange has signed the spreadsheet..... We have 13 rooms and 42 total participants (adults and children).

Hi Bonifay5...still can't send private messages. Sorry for the delayed response, just returned today from a 7 day cruise. :o) On to the next one...

How can I get my info to you for FE if it isn't too late?

kittyhawk77 said:
Hi Bonifay5...still can't send private messages. Sorry for the delayed response, just returned today from a 7 day cruise. :o) On to the next one...

What is your email address? We can email you the link to the spreadsheet. Or if you are on facebook message me and I will send you the link...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DISBoards

I'll PM you the spreadsheet link from Google. If you just fill in your info it saves automatically, no need to send it back. Just make a few more posts to get to ten then you can PM people. :)

Definitely not walkable unless you want an all day activity. You'd have to take a cab and remember it's Lone Star Rally weekend so traffic will be even more crazy than normal. I wouldn't want to attempt and then worry about getting back.

Oh yes, forgot about that. I guess I'll have to let go of that thought for this trip anyway :( Thanks for the info!

@ kittyhawk77. Our cruise leaves in the middle of bike weekend in Galveston. I think all the hotels are booked up but you might want to call DCL to see if you can get a reservation at one of their preferred hotels! :)

BIKE WEEK! aaaahhh! This may be the proverbial "straw to break the camel's back" to get the hubs to buy airline tickets instead of driving. I just keep thinking I could use that money in the spa! :o)

@ kittyhawk77. Our cruise leaves in the middle of bike weekend in Galveston. I think all the hotels are booked up but you might want to call DCL to see if you can get a reservation at one of their preferred hotels! :)
I knew it was the Lone Star Rally but didn't put 2 and 2 together! I couldn't figure out why everything was so expensive!

BIKE WEEK! aaaahhh! This may be the proverbial "straw to break the camel's back" to get the hubs to buy airline tickets instead of driving. I just keep thinking I could use that money in the spa! :o)

Where are you coming from? You could get a hotel off the island, in-between Houston and Galveston.

Hey I know I'm late to the party and ccan't get in on the FE, but are there any other group activites I have missed out on? I am not a regular Dis user, so it has taken me some time to get with the program.

I will be taking a friend on her first cruise (Girls Trip- NO kids, NO husbands!) and would love to make the most of our time onboard.

I'm officially crazy. I signed up for a 5K the day after we get back. Rock n Roll Mini-Marathon on the 11th. Anyone else going to be doing some running on deck 4?

I plan on running on Deck 4. I thought about doing the 5K at the Rock-n-roll Marathon after the cruise but I need some down time after that.

Is it common to decorate your cabin door on the ship? I thought it would be fun to have the kids make decorations before we leave. :welcome:

Also, anyone have any suggestions for the Pirate Party? Do kids AND adults dress up? I suppose I will have to buy costumes.

I knew it was the Lone Star Rally but didn't put 2 and 2 together! I couldn't figure out why everything was so expensive!

Where are you coming from? You could get a hotel off the island, in-between Houston and Galveston.

Ended up getting a flight! There are some hotels available, but we decided it would just be easier (and a lot faster) for us to fly. :goofy:

Is it common to decorate your cabin door on the ship? I thought it would be fun to have the kids make decorations before we leave. :welcome:

Also, anyone have any suggestions for the Pirate Party? Do kids AND adults dress up? I suppose I will have to buy costumes.

I have already been downloading files to print and put on our door. One thing I do know is that they only way you can attach anything to your door is with a Magnet.

I think my daughter will be dressing up for pirate night. I am going to try and catch some good after Halloween sales. My husband and I might have pirate tee-shirts (just depends on if I have time to make them) otherwise we will probably get some pirate accessories if I can find them cheap after Halloween....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter