November 3, 2012 Disney Magic

I like the idea of a meet and greet so we can learn faces and names . .

Sissy -I sent you a message about the FE list.

Thanks for working on the spreadsheet!

Hi All...I'd like to get in on the meet/greet for this cruise. A friend who is a Disney Fan told me about this forum and I think it's very cool. We're cruise vets (20+) but Disney virgins. I see a Facebook group mentioned. Anyway, somebody let us know what to do. It's raining inHouston, now, but the sun always shines on the water!

Hi All...I'd like to get in on the meet/greet for this cruise. A friend who is a Disney Fan told me about this forum and I think it's very cool. We're cruise vets (20+) but Disney virgins. I see a Facebook group mentioned. Anyway, somebody let us know what to do. It's raining inHouston, now, but the sun always shines on the water!

Welcome! How bad is the rain up there? We are in San Antonio and it was just awful last night. I was driving home from the movies yelling at my poor DH to be quite so I could concentrate!

If you would like to join us on FB here is the link. https://www.facebook.com/groups/366574096756463/

We have not decided on when or where for a meet yet.
If you have any questions about DCL fire away!

Just a steady nasty mizzle...looking forward to this getaway...but we have no kids on board and we're hoping there are grown ups on board that don't have to worry about babysitters.

Just a steady nasty mizzle...looking forward to this getaway...but we have no kids on board and we're hoping there are grown ups on board that don't have to worry about babysitters.

I think there are a few of us without kids or leaving them at home. DH and I don't have any. On our honeymoon in Jan/Feb we were at a table with two other couples who didn't have kids. We are looking forward to meeting new people again.

Along those lines, DH and I had a great time in Sessions on our last cruise. We are making it a point to spend more time in there to listen to the piano players this time.
If others are interested we can have an adults only meet up the first night in Sessions.
DH and I will also be doing all of the wine tasting seminars offered if anyone cares to join us.

Hello everyone!

My family and I will be on the Nov 3rd cruise so I thought I'd introduce myself instead of continuing to lurk.

If shipping is quicker to Texas, I don't mind you shipping it to me and us packing it for you. :thumbsup2 Just PM me if so. I have several friends in the UK shipping stuff to our house for our EBTA.

Thank you so very much for the offer!! In thinking about it I'm not sure if I can get myself together enough to do the FE this time around :( I'm certainly going to wander the halls and check them all out though. And next time, I am FOR SURE!!

Welcome! How bad is the rain up there? We are in San Antonio and it was just awful last night. I was driving home from the movies yelling at my poor DH to be quite so I could concentrate!

If you would like to join us on FB here is the link. https://www.facebook.com/groups/366574096756463/

We have not decided on when or where for a meet yet.
If you have any questions about DCL fire away!

We went to Texas Roadhouse and then went to the Regal to see Finding Nemo 3D and it was pouring. It was much needed rain though and Finding Nemo 3D was awesome!

Is it too late to join the FE group for this cruise?:)

Nope! In fact I was just sitting here thinking about how I need to get this spreadsheet out to everyone! :)

October 6th is the cut off! Anyone who has not joined and wants to needs to do so in the next 6 days.

I am going to PM the link to the Google doc now. It is very simple. Just fill in as much or as little info as you want to share. It saves automatically. The link is open so anyone with it can go in and change it. I wont post it here only through PMs. If others are ok with it on FB we can post it there as well since the group is closed. If you are GTY for your room # please put that in the space so we know. If I miss sending it to you just send me a PM and I will get you the link ASAP. :goodvibes

I know there's been a lot of discussion about how many gifts to do and basically it's been said it's just up to you as to how much you want to do, but I just wanted to make sure that I was understanding that correctly since this is our first one. I guess I'm so excited and have so many things I would like to make that I don't want to end up looking like the crazy lady that did too much! :) I also have some things I want to make for us personally so I know I need to calm down a little! I also don't know about passing out gifts every day so I was thinking a gift bag on 2 or 3 separate days. I just think it would be fun to find at least one thing at your door every day. Anyhow, are we going to talk spreading out delivery days or does that matter? Like I said, I'm new to all of this and still trying to figure it all out. pirate:

I know there's been a lot of discussion about how many gifts to do and basically it's been said it's just up to you as to how much you want to do, but I just wanted to make sure that I was understanding that correctly since this is our first one. I guess I'm so excited and have so many things I would like to make that I don't want to end up looking like the crazy lady that did too much! :) I also have some things I want to make for us personally so I know I need to calm down a little! I also don't know about passing out gifts every day so I was thinking a gift bag on 2 or 3 separate days. I just think it would be fun to find at least one thing at your door every day. Anyhow, are we going to talk spreading out delivery days or does that matter? Like I said, I'm new to all of this and still trying to figure it all out. pirate:

I am of the opinion that nothing is too big and nothing is too small!
Most people give on one day. Some two. I am doing a few little things so I may deliver some on one day and the rest on another. A few people have asked about designating days and I think we will. We can work on that after the list is closed. We should have enough people so two people are delivering each day. We can have one assigned day each and if you wish to do more than one it is at your digression when to deliver it.

I agree with sissy-ib, nothing is too big or too small. It is amazing how excited you get when you return to your cabin and there is a special something for you. It makes you feel special. Knowing someone cared enough to take the time and money to brighten your day brings so much joy to your heart. Never feel like your crazy and going overboard, you haven't met me yet. LOL

I am having a hard time sleeping. I have not been to bed yet and my son gets up for school :teacher: in just an hour and one-half :hourglass. I'm not sure how I am going to hang in there. Maybe a lot of coffee and tea :coffee: I have to :drive: to Denver, CO this afternoon for an important meeting at the Federal Courthouse. Wish me luck... I need some Pixiedust pixiedust: sent my way.

To all my Disboard friends, y'all have an exciting and joyful day!! :cheer2:

I keep changing my mind as to what and how many I plan to do.... I think I finally decided on the how many..... I think I am going to do 1gift for the whole family (mostly for the adults) and 1 for each Kid..... I am sure that will change after the 6th when we have final numbers and I start.seriously making decisions.......

I also agree that there is nothing too small or too big. It's all fun....

I am making one gift for everyone and one little treat for all. Kids will get an extra tiny toy in their bag too. It looks like we have one 2 yo so hers will be different as my gift won't suit her. I LOVE the idea of assigned days for drop off. Our gifts can be delivered on any day! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter