November 3, 2012 Disney Magic

wdisneyk said:
I'll volunteer to be the room for the list. We have a room number and are right by the elevators. What is included besides room number? Family name or screen name and family member count?

I think for that list should, since anyone can walk by and look at it, only have DIS name and room number. We should make a document we share here and in FB with all other info. Thanks for offering to put that up!

I've been reading up on the FE thing (remember, cruise newbie here!) and I found some great FE's on etsy. The only problem is that there's not enough time to get one before the cruise. I'm in Canada so it will take too long to get it made and shipped to me. Any suggestions on how to make one? Sadly, I'm not very crafty

PS... any other Canadians on this trip?

I think for that list should, since anyone can walk by and look at it, only have DIS name and room number. We should make a document we share here and in FB with all other info. Thanks for offering to put that up!

I might suggest keeping the document in the closed facebook group versus on this public forum where anyone can view it (random lurkers). You never know who is lurking. On our WBTA last year, they went as far as to not even publicize it on the FB page but rather only to those who were on the list.

I've been reading up on the FE thing (remember, cruise newbie here!) and I found some great FE's on etsy. The only problem is that there's not enough time to get one before the cruise. I'm in Canada so it will take too long to get it made and shipped to me. Any suggestions on how to make one? Sadly, I'm not very crafty

If shipping is quicker to Texas, I don't mind you shipping it to me and us packing it for you. :thumbsup2 Just PM me if so. I have several friends in the UK shipping stuff to our house for our EBTA.

I used a plain tote bag that is about 12"x12" then I just decorated it. Super easy and cute. I'll put the photo on the FB page if I can find it.

I might suggest keeping the document in the closed facebook group versus on this public forum where anyone can view it (random lurkers). You never know who is lurking. On our WBTA last year, they went as far as to not even publicize it on the FB page but rather only to those who were on the list.

We can do it by PM if that makes people more comfortable.
The Magic has now left Cozumel to head back to Texas

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/#
I am so excited to hear about it when they get back! I cant wait to see the navigators!

Micknminnjen. I need all of your first names! I am personalizing my FE gifts. (one per person). :)

Hi,
I'm in room 7040 and my name is Kim, my daughter is Hannah and my mom is Quita.
My neighbor is signed up and they are in room 7042 and her name is Carolyn and her daughter is Rachael.
Thanks for taking the time to personalize something! That's very thoughtful!
Kim

Okay Guys and Gals,

I am a sucker for Facebook Groups:idea:. So I went and made one for our group so we could have another place to get to know each other before the cruise. :goodvibesparty:

Also my DH is not on here and I think he would like to know what we have planned also so for the significant others/family it might be a place for them to get to know each other as well...

My name on Facebook is Mariana Palmer Smith and I am in Missouri.

If you guys don't like the idea I will so take it down.. :rolleyes1

Hi,
I just requested to join the FB group and sent you a message. We're in the FE in room 7040.
Thanks for setting up the fb page.
Kim

I'd prefer to do it with Pm's or I can pm you my email. I'm a Facebook holdout so it won't do me any good over there!:cool1:

I'd prefer to do it with Pm's or I can pm you my email. I'm a Facebook holdout so it won't do me any good over there!:cool1:

Congrats on being a Facebook holdout!!!! It can be a great way to connect with old friends but it can also be a HUGE time sucker!!!!

My two Ed's have it but I spend enough time on the computer I think it would just make it worse!

BTW AboutAMouse, we are Canadian's as well. :cool2:

Are we having a meet and greet? I saw that asked before but no one answered. If so, we could update cabin #s then.

I would love to have a meet and great as there are a couple of girls that are close to danis age. Be prepared! My three year old is a hugger!!! :). What time is everyone's port arrival time? We have 11. Jon and I will be the ones trying to wrangle 4 very over excited kids who will be wearing matching shirts. Well they will be wearing matching shirts if I can get my iron ons to work!

Ok I am missing something. How do we get Facebook updates or private messages (assuming that is what pm is) if we don't have Internet connection ? Or will we have it that night?

Okay, the FE thing is getting confusing since we don't have a spreadsheet. I am going to work on it tonight. Expect me PM from me by the end of the weekend. We will figure out the people without room numbers too. I have a few ideas on the easiest way to handle that.

Are we having a meet and greet? I saw that asked before but no one answered. If so, we could update cabin #s then.

My idea is a mandatory meet for the FE group. A real quick thing for those who don't have their room number before we leave. I am thinking if those who will not get their room # until they check in could make a small note for everyone else with then just fill in the room number. Then one person from each FE room meets and the notes get passed out. This of course would not be in place of any other group meets, just a quick pass out the room # thing to make it as easy as possible.

Okay, the FE thing is getting confusing since we don't have a spreadsheet. I am going to work on it tonight. Expect me PM from me by the end of the weekend. We will figure out the people without room numbers too. I have a few ideas on the easiest way to handle that.

You can also upload the spreadsheet to Facebook and we can all update it as well and then pass it along to those that are not on Facebook.

I would like to see some more info on the spreadsheet if possible... Like Names and Names and Ages of the Kids.... only if you want to provide it....

popisme said:
You can also upload the spreadsheet to Facebook and we can all update it as well and then pass it along to those that are not on Facebook.

I would like to see some more info on the spreadsheet if possible... Like Names and Names and Ages of the Kids.... only if you want to provide it....

I made one on Google for my other cruise. (the one we switched from) I'll have name, DIS name, age, email address, room #. With the link you can go in and change it at anytime if your room changes. It will make it super easy.

I made one on Google for my other cruise. (the one we switched from) I'll have name, DIS name, age, email address, room #. With the link you can go in and change it at anytime if your room changes. It will make it super easy.

Perfect!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter