November 3, 2012 Disney Magic

Hi Everyone!

My DH and I are booked on the Nov 3rd cruise with you all and we're pretty excited! It's our first cruise ever and we're just going ourselves as we are in need of some time to ourselves (we have 3 kids under 6!).

We're in Canada and are either flying out of Ottawa or Syracuse. Not sure which airport to fly into, whether we should fly in the night before or morning of. And just completely confused all around! :rotfl2:

Sheryl

We have a reservation with Galveston Park n Cruise but haven't received a cancellation email yet. I was on their website again today to double check and they're still offering parking to select Disney Magic cruises. I'm going to email them and double check. I don't know why you would turn away business - a paid car is a paid car.

I have yours! :). Need names from micnminnjen, bonniefay5's adult names, kittyhawk, and someone has another family that they know that are coming but I can't remember who.

Morning All!

So I booked flights this morning and we're flying into IAH. Any suggestions for cheap hotels for the night before? Close to the airport so that we can take the shuttle back to the airport for the Disney transportation in the morning!

If you search the threads you will find tons of info on where to stay! The texans on this forum have been super helpful! :)

I have been reading a couple threads talking about people stealing FE gifts and magnets from rooms. Not sure if this is really an issue or not or it is just getting lots of press on this site.

We are right by the elevators -which I dont mind, but wonder if this would increase or decrease the issue. Or if they really want it, it wont matter the room. My thoughts are closer to the elevator . . lots of people , more like not to happen with lots of traffic going by since they dont want to get caught. But then the little guy on my other shoulder uses the same reasoning . . lots of traffic, plenty of opportunity to grab and go.

Is this even something to worry about??

I am worried about this too! I actually reduced the number of magnets I am making. :(. The FE I am making is going to be done with pencil pockets that zip closed. I was thinking it might be a good idea to schedule which family hands out their gifts on specific days to keep everyone's pockets from being too full. I am also going to put my disboard name on the gift bags I give out. Hopefully we will have a good crowd on this cruise and nothing will happen! :)

We've never had our magnets stolen and I don't think we have had any FE gifts stolen but as they are just put in at different times of the cruise, who knows.

On a different topic, should we have a meet on the first day for any cabin changes? :confused3 I know that I am in a gty cabin and there are probably a few of us in those. I have actually had one cruise where we did not have a cabin until we got to the port and another where we got a surprise upgrade at the port. Either that or is there some one who is central and wouldn't mind posting all of the changes on their cabin and everyone could just check there? I'd volunteer our cabin but we are part of the problem! :lmao:

For FEs, does anyone not celebrate Christmas? :santa: I am thinking I may make ornaments, but I don't want to pass them out to people who would not appreciate it. (You can PM me if you want rather than posting it here.)

Okay Guys and Gals,

I am a sucker for Facebook Groups:idea:. So I went and made one for our group so we could have another place to get to know each other before the cruise. :goodvibesparty:

Also my DH is not on here and I think he would like to know what we have planned also so for the significant others/family it might be a place for them to get to know each other as well...

My name on Facebook is Mariana Palmer Smith and I am in Missouri.

It is a Closed group https://www.facebook.com/groups/366574096756463/ so we don't get any stalkers :eek:....

If you guys don't like the idea I will so take it down.. :rolleyes1

Hello all! My bff (scorcer-mickey) that I'm going on the cruise with set me up on Disboard! I'm official now. Well...somewhat. No picture.:( :ccat::ccat:

I love Facebook! And I sent a request to join!

I would offer to be the family that posts the room changes but DS 5 has a bad habit of erasing things on white boards! Especially our family calendar! :(

We celebrate Christmas and any other holiday we can!!! ;). An ornament sound great! We only blended our family a year ago and we don't have any Xmas stuff that is "ours" yet! The one you might make for us would be our first!!! :)

Hi,

My name is Susan and we will be traveling from MD to be on this cruise. I will have my husband and sons, 3 and 5 months and we will be traveling with 2A friends. I just go off the Magic on September 12th on the CAnadian cruise. So looking forward to cruising again on her!:cool1:

Susan

I love Facebook! And I sent a request to join!

I would offer to be the family that posts the room changes but DS 5 has a bad habit of erasing things on white boards! Especially our family calendar! :(

We celebrate Christmas and any other holiday we can!!! ;). An ornament sound great! We only blended our family a year ago and we don't have any Xmas stuff that is "ours" yet! The one you might make for us would be our first!!! :)

Just a little bit of pressure on me! lol!!

Any more DVC members? I know popisme is. :goodvibes If so come to the DVC member celebration! Should be the first sea day in the morning. If just posted this on our awesome new FB page!

They have free mimosas or champagne, they hand out hats, play a game for prizes and have a drawing for OBC. Bring your blue member card and wear Mickey and DVC gear to get more points in the game! lol They go over a few things like the current specials. If you want to add on the cruises usually have a few extra perks. We have no need for more points though!

It's a good way to meet other members. We don't know any IRL!

Hi Everyone!

My DH and I are booked on the Nov 3rd cruise with you all and we're pretty excited! It's our first cruise ever and we're just going ourselves as we are in need of some time to ourselves (we have 3 kids under 6!).

We're in Canada and are either flying out of Ottawa or Syracuse. Not sure which airport to fly into, whether we should fly in the night before or morning of. And just completely confused all around! :rotfl2:

Sheryl

Definitely the night before!

Morning All!

So I booked flights this morning and we're flying into IAH. Any suggestions for cheap hotels for the night before? Close to the airport so that we can take the shuttle back to the airport for the Disney transportation in the morning!

Check this website out: www.hotels.com

It lists hotels & prices near IAH. Hope it helps!

Okay Guys and Gals,

I am a sucker for Facebook Groups:idea:. So I went and made one for our group so we could have another place to get to know each other before the cruise. :goodvibesparty:

Also my DH is not on here and I think he would like to know what we have planned also so for the significant others/family it might be a place for them to get to know each other as well...

My name on Facebook is Mariana Palmer Smith and I am in Missouri.

It is a Closed group https://www.facebook.com/groups/366574096756463/ so we don't get any stalkers :eek:....

If you guys don't like the idea I will so take it down.. :rolleyes1

Thank you for creating and adding me to the group! I'm from Missouri, but am stationed in Texas!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter