November 29 - December 6, 2014. 7 night Eastern Careibean on FANTASY

We are trying to go to the Kennedy Space Center on Friday too. Did you know you can request tickets from your US Congressman? You have to request 6 months in advance. This is our first time doing this, I am awaiting confirmation from the Congressman's office.

Thanks for the info about the tickets, but we are Canadian so we will be paying out of pocket for the day. It adds up quickly but I think the kids will love it. Especially since there is an Angry Birds theme to one of the exhibits. My son is a huge fan!!

Hi everyone!

So excited to be returning to this lovely ship - bringing a friend along who's never been on DCL!! Is there a Facebook page for our trip?

Cheers, Michael :cool1:pirate::cool1:pirate::cool1:pirate:

Hello all! Just started to look at booking this trip. Price falls just right for the four of us and the Disney Visa Card offer of $200 credit just popped up at the same time. Will be booking it as soon as the card shows up at the house and will join in on the FB group (saw the link on page 2). When we get it booked, I'll send over all our info for the fish extender. Haven't ever been on the Fantasy, but have been on the Magic(before it was upgraded) and Wonder. The boys are looking forward to the "new" kids clubs and water slides. :thumbsup2

What credit? I only see the $50 one?

It's for the new application for the card, not an onboard credit, sorry if it sounded like an onboard credit. I saw the $200 (after charging $500 in the first 3 months) as a link on the bottom of the DCL page today. We hadn't gotten the VISA card yet, and were waiting for one of the $200 offers to come through.

We just transferred our reservation from Thanksgiving week to this week (saving a ton of money in the process, thank you Mickey!)
I'm Lorelei (Lori to my friends and if you read this, you're one of my friends)
I'm a Christian, wife, mother of two, vegan, Texan, allergy expert in training, bookworm, runner, terrible-though-enthusiastic photographer, new homeschooler, occasional Passporter article contributor and all around pixie dust nut! Oh and I am a blog neglecter (I feel disgraceful about ignoring. I used to blog about DCL daily, but I'm just burnt out right now).
I'm wife to a kind Disney-holic supporting man, Benjamin. He's survived ten years as my personal prince charming in the crazy part of our story where "they lived happily ever after". After our honeymoon at "the world", he was originally skeptical about DCL, trying to plan future trips with our kids around juggling both a short stay at WDW and a short cruise. Then we took a short 3 day cruise out of Port Canaveral, just to "try it out" without the kiddos. The rest, as they say, is history.
Our two darling children, who love WDW and DCL equally, can each tell their port from starboard and help direct you with a Disney point to the nearest Oceaneer Club on any of the ships. Either can beat me at shuffleboard without trying (I'm dismally, appallingly bad at shuffleboard.)
Christopher will be eight years old (second grade) known for his gluten-free muffin happy dance. He lives in the Oceaneer Lab but will occasionally leave for a dip in the pool or to brave a swim with stingrays.
Kylee Anne my kindergartener (five years old) loves rock climbing and is allergic to dairy. She and I both live as vegan as possible, while my DH and DS both make up for us in the meat and milk eating capacities.

I'm please to meet y'all and ready to get this show on the road.
Do we have an FE group?

I just looked at the first page and I can't believe it's been almost 1 year since I started this thread.

Won't be long now. I highly appreciate all your inputs as I've finalized our trip. International and domestic flights are booked, car in Orlando after the cruise and accommodation done too.

Just one thing I am concerned with now is the sea. I get motion sickness so I was wondering what the waters will be like during the November - December season. How do you cope?

We just transferred our reservation from Thanksgiving week to this week (saving a ton of money in the process, thank you Mickey!) I'm Lorelei (Lori to my friends and if you read this, you're one of my friends) I'm a Christian, wife, mother of two, vegan, Texan, allergy expert in training, bookworm, runner, terrible-though-enthusiastic photographer, new homeschooler, occasional Passporter article contributor and all around pixie dust nut! Oh and I am a blog neglecter (I feel disgraceful about ignoring. I used to blog about DCL daily, but I'm just burnt out right now). I'm wife to a kind Disney-holic supporting man, Benjamin. He's survived ten years as my personal prince charming in the crazy part of our story where "they lived happily ever after". After our honeymoon at "the world", he was originally skeptical about DCL, trying to plan future trips with our kids around juggling both a short stay at WDW and a short cruise. Then we took a short 3 day cruise out of Port Canaveral, just to "try it out" without the kiddos. The rest, as they say, is history. Our two darling children, who love WDW and DCL equally, can each tell their port from starboard and help direct you with a Disney point to the nearest Oceaneer Club on any of the ships. Either can beat me at shuffleboard without trying (I'm dismally, appallingly bad at shuffleboard.) Christopher will be eight years old (second grade) known for his gluten-free muffin happy dance. He lives in the Oceaneer Lab but will occasionally leave for a dip in the pool or to brave a swim with stingrays. Kylee Anne my kindergartener (five years old) loves rock climbing and is allergic to dairy. She and I both live as vegan as possible, while my DH and DS both make up for us in the meat and milk eating capacities. I'm please to meet y'all and ready to get this show on the road. Do we have an FE group?

My daughter, Toni, also has allergies but limited to fish so it's not so bad

Just transferred my OBB to this cruise this morning! It will be myself (Katie), my dh Jeff and 4 kids - DS Connor (will turn 17 12/30), DD Devin 15, DD Ainslee (turns 13 onboard 12/3) and DD Leighton 6. We will be joined by my parents as well, Dan & Sherrie. My family lives just north of Dallas, Tx and my parents are in Groveland, FL just outside Orlando.

This is my, Devin, Ainslee and Leighton's 4th cruise. Leighton is a "Disney Boat" junkie, her first cruise was 6/2009 on the Wonder when she was less than 1 year old. My husband and I, Ainslee, and my parents joined her for a short 3 night. THe oldest 2 were away at camp and have only barely forgiven us.

Our next cruise was another extended family trip for a 5 night on the Dream in August 2011 with everyone. And then I ran off with my 3 princesses on 12/14/2013 for a surprise 7 day holiday cruise out of Galveston on the Wonder!! I booked it only 10 days out, and we had a blast.

as far as weather, last December out of Galveston going to Key West and Nassau we did find it rather cool, especially our first day at sea. Key West was cool and CC was perfect-not too cold and definitely not as hot as the summer months. Dining rooms can be chilly so bring light sweaters etc. I predict that Orlando will be warmer than Galveston was so the departure and early days will be more comfortable.

and as far as motion sickness I get very car and air sick and so far have been a okay on DCL. my DD Devin got a bit queasy this last December but the motion sickness wristbands and some Bonine got her squared away. HTH!

I asked to join the FB page and we will definitely participate in the FE, mixology class and whatever else we can cook ukp. This is the first cruise I have done with more than a couple months most to plan so I am looking forward to doing all the fun stuff I haven't before planning wise.

Just transferred my OBB to this cruise this morning! It will be myself (Katie), my dh Jeff and 4 kids - DS Connor (will turn 17 12/30), DD Devin 15, DD Ainslee (turns 13 onboard 12/3) and DD Leighton 6. We will be joined by my parents as well, Dan & Sherrie. My family lives just north of Dallas, Tx and my parents are in Groveland, FL just outside Orlando.

Hi and welcome to the cruise!!

Officially joining up now! :cool1: Just paid the deposit and booked the cruise this afternoon. Will submit a request to join the FB group in a bit. Looking forward to the cruise! :thumbsup2

Don't know why it took me so long to join this cruise meet group... have had this sailing reserved for a while now. :confused3
It will be myself, my DS (8), DS (15) and my sister setting sail. I am not very crafty, so not sure if I will join the FE, but just sent a request to join the FB page! :)
I am so excited... this will be our 9th Disney cruise, but first time sailing on the Fantasy!!! :banana:

Greetings Fantasy Sailors!! I hope you have a fantastic trip and vacation, but looks like my DH and I are going to be changing Itineraries and do a Back2Back on the Wonder. Excited about the change.

Have fun planning, sailing and exploring! It's going to be an awesome time!!

Im so excited about the Fishextenders. We have been on the Fantasy two other times and only just learned about them as we were ending our last trip. Can't wait! I will be coming with my Mother, my step dad, my husband and Four children. I have a three daughters ages 14, 12, & 10 and a 4 yr old Son. This will be our 5th week on the Disney Fantasy. We are very attached to it. The staff are so amazing!!! Sooooo excited!

Oh and we are doing a BACK TO BACK, this week and the following. Is anyone else doing that?

-Samantha

Have we thought about naming the cruise so we can see if a DISigner will make a logo for us? I would be willing to find out if any DISigner will help us out once a name is chosen. My last cruise was over Thanksgiving 2012 and the name was "Feasting on the Fantasy."

Let's all come up with some names and choose! The logo can be used for FE gifts, t-shirts, door magnets, etc.

A couple thoughts to get the ideas rolling::idea:
Festive Fantasy Voyage
Fabulous Fantasy Voyage
Frolicking on the Fantasy

Post your ideas and lets have some fun!

I like Frolicking on the Fantasy!:cool1:

Hello Everyone - We are new to this DIS board and want to participate in the Fish Extenders Exchange for this cruise we just booked.

How do I find out how to participate?

My family consists of 2 Adults - Husband and Wife and 2 Princesses ages 8 and 10.

I am so excited for this cruise. I cant believe that its only like 5 months away. I joined the facebook group.I would like to join the fe group also. Is there any other couples that are going without there kids?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter