November 26, 2006 Wonder check in, don't be shy!!!

:mickeyjum FYI - I read somewhere on another thread that Customer Service ran out of motion sickness medicine on their cruise. Don't forget your Dramamine! If you do, we'll have some. I called our Pediatrician and it IS okay to give to children, in case you wondered. :thumbsup2

:Pinkbounc We've never cruised before, so I don't know how the boat will affect my family. I am packing a little medical kit (band-aids, antibacterial cream, Children's, Infant's and Adult Tylenol, Benadryl, Dramamine & Meclizine). :confused: Anything else you can think of would be greatly appreciated. I understand the store onboard is a little pricey. So, I want to be prepared. :listen:

Thanks for the info... That is a wonderful idea to take a medicine kit just in case. I love reading all the tips that people have.

butterflykisses said:
I still have to buy a pirate costume for my daughter. Haven't had much luck finding one.
There aren't too many people coming on this cruise with us. Does anybody know if it is full?
Only 20 days to go. :cool1: I am getting very excited!!!

Is there a DIS meet onboard?

:rolleyes1 Out of curiousity, I checked DCL website to see if there was availability for the same cat 4 room type we booked. There was availability. I have a feeling since the cruise is the week after Thanksgiving, it won't be full. We had to take DS6 out of school for the cruise.

:scratchin I haven't heard about a DIS meet onboard. If interested, you could always start one. We'd be game to meet other DISers. :thumbsup2

I think meeting up would be a great idea!!! I am in!! That would be good if the cruise isn't too full. That way we would have the ship to ourselves. LOL. I am getting more and more excited every day. I think I am more excited than my daughter :Pinkbounc

Count us in.....DH...DD/14...DD/14....and ME!!!
Do we want to meet after we board...or after dinners?????
Let's all fiqure out where and when.....especially you parents with small kids!!!!
We are the age where ours can take off and we don't have to worry tooooo much...although we do!!!!

:sad2: I just got back from the Pediatrician with DD4 and DS1, both have ear infections. I need to get them healthy before the cruise. I've read that they can deny boarding if you show signs of being ill. Luckily, I have plenty of time to get them better and finish their antibiotics before we board. :cake: We went to a birthday party this past Sunday. They ALWAYS get sick after we attend a birthday party. Go figure. :confused3

:thumbsup2 Meeting after dinner the first night would be great for us. We are scheduled for early seating. Anyone else? Maybe, the kids could meet and then we could send them off to have fun in the kid area? By then, we will need some adult time and conversation (all week with the kids at WDW and in the car from TX). :woohoo: We'll just need to make a reservation for DS1 in Flounder's once onboard. :fish: We have already booked our max 10 hours online.

We plan to see the Santa Clause 3 while onboard. popcorn:: Any one else? We liked the first one very much, but were disappointed with the second one. This third one looks outrageous, but we like "any" Christmas movie. It is our favorite time of year. :santa:

I am off to pick-up DD4 and DS1 prescription at Walgreen's before getting DS6 at school. This site is addictive!!!! I check it everytime I log on, which seems to be at least once a day! :surfweb:

I think meeting after dinner would be great!! I think we have the late night dinner. It would be fun just for us girls to meet for a drink or something!!

Getting excited now!!!!!!!!!! :cheer2:

In Nassau it is 82 degrees and where I live in Ontario it is 50 degrees!!! So, I am really looking forward to hot weather!!! Lets hope that it doesn't rain! :sunny: 17 days to go :cheer2:

:sunny: It is suppose to be 87 degrees here today! I sent DS6 to school in shorts this morning. We are having an "Indian Summer" the weather man said this morning. No wonder DD4 and DS1 are sick. :confused3

Our poor :dogdance: doesn't know he's going to be boarded for two weeks. The longest we've boarded him was a weekend. I am sure we will come back to an upset doggy. He has separation anxiety if I just go to the store. :sad2:

:rolleyes1 Has anyone received their cruise documents? I know they are suppose to be delivered at least two weeks prior to cruise date. That should mean any day now. Yea! :cool1:

:beach: Sitting in a hammock with a Konch Kooler in hand on CC sounds good right now. DH is out of town on business this week and then at an intensive class next week (he has to stay at the hotel for the week). I will need a vacation after next week! Three children are exhausting on my own! :dance3: They have as much energy as the icon! DS1 just started to say "Mama" this week. So, that has been one nice thing this week among the chaos. Sometimes, I wish we could just skip WDW and go straight to the cruise. Almost cruise time! :hourglass

No I haven't received my documents yet. Don't even know what stateroom we are in or anything. Hope to find out soon!
17 days to go!!! Already starting to pack :Pinkbounc

:cool1: We've known our stateroom number since DH booked the cruise. He booked directly through DCL. I assume you used a TA? pixiedust:

:laughing: I read on another thread people joking about having a "cruise room", where they stored things for their upcoming cruise. Not on purpose, our home office has turned into a "cruise room". :rolleyes1 I'd buy a little here and there and just store it in the office. Now, I have a corner full of cruise items. I haven't started packing yet, but have started a list of items to purchase before we leave. :coffee:

SIL and family are at WDW this week. ::MickeyMo They took a day trip to Kennedy Space Center and Port Canaveral today. She couldn't resist calling me from Port Canaveral. They saw the Wonder in port and thought of us. :boat:

BTW: Sorry my responses always seem so long. Usually, I start typing and get interrupted. By whom I wonder? :dance3: Then, I have to come back later to finish my thought and by then I have more thoughts to add. Also, I guess I am just long-winded. :cloud9:

My DH, DS (almost 4) and I (4 months pregnant) will be on the this cruise but I honestly am getting so excited about finally having a vacation that I surprised by DH and DS yesterday with a trip to the Magic Kingdom. The weather was perfect! and if you used the FastPass system effectively the crowds were really not a problem. We live in Jacksonville, Fl so when my husband got off work Wed afternoon, I told him to pack a bag and drive towards Orlando. Since we will have a DD in April, 2007, I wanted to be able to take my DS on his first trip to the Magic Kingdom and have our full attention. Luckily, he was 40 inches tall and loved riding Thunder Mountain with his dad.

On to the upcoming cruise, I would love to hear from any parents whose children will be in the Oceaneer Club. My son, Holden Stringfield (almost 4), will be there and I am sure he would love to hear about other children who will be joining him.

HoldensMommy said:
My DH, DS (almost 4) and I (4 months pregnant) will be on the this cruise but I honestly am getting so excited about finally having a vacation that I surprised by DH and DS yesterday with a trip to the Magic Kingdom. The weather was perfect! and if you used the FastPass system effectively the crowds were really not a problem. We live in Jacksonville, Fl so when my husband got off work Wed afternoon, I told him to pack a bag and drive towards Orlando. Since we will have a DD in April, 2007, I wanted to be able to take my DS on his first trip to the Magic Kingdom and have our full attention. Luckily, he was 40 inches tall and loved riding Thunder Mountain with his dad.

On to the upcoming cruise, I would love to hear from any parents whose children will be in the Oceaneer Club. My son, Holden Stringfield (almost 4), will be there and I am sure he would love to hear about other children who will be joining him.
Holdens Mommy - I would love to have my son, KJ (3 1/2), meet yours. KJ is a bit shy in group situations, so I've been worried about how he'll do in the club. If he has a new "friend," I think that would really help.

Bluedaisy- I think Holden would love making a new friend with KJ. I am going to take the advice of past cruisers and make sure Holden has his swimsuit so after we board the ship and eat lunch, he can take a swim in the Mickey pool. Unfortunately between the pool, getting into our cabin (around 1:30PM) and the safety drill, I don't know if Holden will get a nap that day which might not be a big deal...we shall see...

I have heard mixed reports on whether there will be a Oceaneer Club on the first night, but I know Holden would like having a friend to play with...

:wave: DD4 (Emily) and DS6 (Will) will also be in the Oceaneer's Club and Scuttle's Cove (on CC) on and off during the cruise. DS1 (Cole) will be with us most of the cruise and in Flounder's Reef usually every evening. So, we can enjoy the shows with DD4 and DS6. :dance3: Our children are all VERY friendly and would also love to make new friends onboard. Maybe, we could meet and let the children get acquainted the first afternoon/early evening onboard? :idea: If they knew other children before stepping into the Oceaneer's Club, it might be less overwhelming being in there with hundreds of other children. Please tell me the Oceaneer's Club is open the first night! :sad: I love my children and we do plan on spending a lot of time with them on the cruise, but we will be with the children all week at ::MickeyMo WDW ::MinnieMo and will need a break. :bounce:

I just posted a question about hours of the Oceaneer Club on the first night and hope to get a response....

Just got our cruise documents via UPS this afternoon....am getting excited!!!

We just received our cruise docs as well! I'm so excited!!!

Maybe we could meet around 5 or 5:15 the first night by the main lobby and elevators. That way it's before the dinners start, but gives everyone time to get settled and go to the sail away party. Just an idea.

My daughter is almost 6 and she will for sure be in the oceaneer club. She is very excited to meet some friends as well!!!

:sad1: Our cruise documents have not arrived. Every time I heard a truck today, I was hoping to hear the door bell ring. Maybe tomorrow? :goodvibes

:thumbsup2 We can meet you at 5/5:15 PM the first evening in the main lobby. We are pretty flexible.

:thanks: HoldensMommy: Thank you for posting the question regarding Oceaneer's Club on the first night. I look forward in seeing what responses you get. I guess if it is closed, we may take the kids to the movie theater. We want to see Santa Clause 3 while onboard.

The cruise docs were sent from Orlando, so that's probably why we got them today. We're a 1.5 hour drive from there in St. Petersburg. I'm guessing that's why HoldensMommy got them today too since they are in Jacksonville.

They were sent via UPS 3 Day, so everyone should get them by Tuesday - Just keep a lookout for the brown truck! :banana:

By the way, TXTaylors, I love your use of the smilies. They make me laugh each time I read one of your posts. :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter