• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

November 26, 2005/ 7 day Eastern Magic

ljt064 said:
Do you think I can fit a 50 inch Plasma in my luggage to take home? :confused3 I've been eyeing a new TV...

If you can, then I want to see the what your luggage look likes.

jon

Boo Mc said:
jonesing - maybe we should have black Mickey tags instead of green! :laughing:

I wouldn't mind picking up a sparkly birthday gift for myself on the islands. Unfortunately, I'm not a jewelry pro and I don't think I'd know if I was getting a good deal or not. Perhaps I should stick to regular souvenirs and get the big ticket items at home. You never know though.... ;)

Hey now! I may be turning 40 but I'm not dead! LOL Actually, I went to the dentist Wednesday and he saw my birthday coming up but was off by 10 years. He had to re-read the chart and said he couldn't beleive that I was turning 40! :teeth: Maybe I'll get a dark green tag instead of black ;)

Well if you want something sparkly then take DW along! She'll tell you if an item is a good buy or if it's crap. This would be a perfect situation! She gets to shop for jewelry, use your money since they're your items and I don't have to worry about taking out a 2nd mortgage when we get home! :rotfl2:

Wow, I missed a few days and there were so many posts to catch up on...I knew that there were opportunities for jewelry shopping on the islands, but I didn't know about the electronics shopping either. I doubt we will get anything, but it is nice to know!

And thanks for the info about the water...we were wondering about that too. I think we will stop off and get some bottles or a small case, and just refill them onboard.

I know I had a million questions, but cannot think of them now...I have been a space cadet lately trying to prepare for all the things that I think we will need....
Can't wait to see everyone that is dressing up at pirate night! pirate:
Anyone else have Palo on Monday night?

:bounce: I can now do the DOC DANCE....YAY!!!

Leaving on a red-eye two weeks from tonight, can't wait to meet all of you.

I know for sure I have 8:30 seating and I did get a slight upgrade, from a guaranteed cat 12 to a cat 11

Matt
:cool1: :banana:

I just reviewed our booking online and we also have the 8:30pm seating! yay!

Drat! They are still not showing any availability for Flounder's Nursery on Day 1.

Thanks for all the advise on water - I appreciate it! We received our docs on 11/7. It makes it seem so real now.

Jon - We live in Stamford - moved here about 3 years ago from Seattle. The snow the last few years has been a shocker for us, but we are adapting.

I have a question for everyone: Where are you staying before/after the cruise? We will be staying at Ron Jon before the cruise and we are not sure where after - I need to figure that out this weekend. Anyone ever stay at Ron Jon? They were really weird on the phone regarding the number in our party and if I was "sure" that was all. I think it has something to do with their activities or something.

Also - Any suggestions for a place to eat on Thanksgiving?

Anyone else going to Epcot the day after Thanksgiving? How about Islands od Adventure on 12/3? I've never been here but I work for GE and we get good deals so I hope it is good for little ones.

Time is flying!

Kim

jjbescher said:
For those of you that have answered the question about Pirate Night, I have gone through and updated Post #358 (Link at the bottom my signature). If you have not answered or you have and I missed it, please post and I will update.

Jon, you are just too good. Glad someone on this cruise is organized! :teeth: Only 14 more sleeps until our "Magic"al vacation!

Joanne :cheer2:

momoftwodisneykids said:
Jon, you are just too good. Glad someone on this cruise is organized! :teeth: Only 14 more sleeps until our "Magic"al vacation!

Joanne :cheer2:

You may call me organized, I think my DW calls me obsessed.

jon

Dis Mama said:
Anyone have rooms near 6550?

Lisa :confused3

Hi Lisa! We are in 6551, right across the hall from you. I guess I need to start thinking about making some door signs this weekend. Looking forward you meeting you and everyone else at the Cruise Meet.

Joanne :earsgirl:

kimlam1 - We're flying in the day before and staying at the Comfort Suites Universal. We're spending the day at Sea World since it's free (we have Busch Gardens passes here at home).

After the cruise, we're staying at the Port Orleans-Riverside. My boys wanted to go to the LEGO store at Downtown Disney. Port Orleans has the river boat that you can ride to Downtown Disney.

Working for GE explains the move from Seattle to CT . . .LOL. My dh is from Seattle. We go quite a bit. It's a lovely place to visit, but too cold for these SE Virginia bones .. LOL.

The ship sails only two weeks from tomorrow! Hard to believe. Our lego competition is tomorrow. After that I'll finally have some free time!! YEAH!!

Have a great weekend!

kimlam1 said:
Thanks for all the advise on water - I appreciate it! We received our docs on 11/7. It makes it seem so real now.

Jon - We live in Stamford - moved here about 3 years ago from Seattle. The snow the last few years has been a shocker for us, but we are adapting.

I have a question for everyone: Where are you staying before/after the cruise? We will be staying at Ron Jon before the cruise and we are not sure where after - I need to figure that out this weekend. Anyone ever stay at Ron Jon? They were really weird on the phone regarding the number in our party and if I was "sure" that was all. I think it has something to do with their activities or something.

Also - Any suggestions for a place to eat on Thanksgiving?

Anyone else going to Epcot the day after Thanksgiving? How about Islands od Adventure on 12/3? I've never been here but I work for GE and we get good deals so I hope it is good for little ones.

Time is flying!

Kim

Hi Kim! We are eating Thanksgiving dinner at Hollywood & Vine and MGM. We got the Fantasmic dinner package, so we will go see the Osborne Lights and then go to Fantasmic at 7 p.m. The day after Thanksgiving, we are going to Kennedy Space Center.

We are saving Epcot to do on 12/3. I am going to call this weekend and book the Candlelight Processional Dinner package, as I have been wanting to do this for many years. I think Cicily Tyson is the narrator for that weekend.

Island of Adventure is fun, but more for older kids. If you go, you will probably also find it more crowded that any of the Disney parks, as Universal tends to oversell annual passes (I think we recently got an offer for both parks for 2 years for $200). Plus, Grinchmas is going on in December. JMHO.

We stayed at Ron Jon over Labor Day weekend. It is really nice, just make sure you ask for a room NOT on the first floor. You will see why when you get to the resort.

Hope this helps.

We're staying at the Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge for 5 nights before the cruise (the night before we're at the DoubleTree in DtD), then the day we get off the cruise we're at the Airport Embassy Suites.

We've got Thanksgiving ressies for O'Hanna's! YUMMY! Only 7 sleeps for us to go!

Lisa

We are at the Raddison the night before and The Resort the night after. The Resort is the precursor to Ron Jon's.

We are staying at Port Orleans-Riverside the 5 nights before the cruise and then returning to POR for 2 more nights after the cruise. We are doing Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party on Dec. 4 before heading home on the 5th. We are having a late Thanksgiving Dinner at Crystal Palace on Thanksgiving night (couldn't get Liberty Tree Tavern). For those going to the Osborne Lights get in line early. Last year the line was all the way back to the Socerer's Hat.

Boo Mc said:
We're at the Radisson the night before.

Count us in for staying at the Radisson pre-cruise. Jon, is this some additional information you could add to the Cruise Meet thread???? :rotfl2: Maybe we should wear our fluorescent Mickey tags around the Radisson? Could get some of the meeting and greeting started early! :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter