• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

November 24, 2014 Disney Dream Thanksgiving Cruise

We are (gasp) cheating on the mouse and going to Universal pre-cruise. We have huge Harry Potter fans who can't wait to see Diagon Alley.

I'm headed to Disney in Sept the weekend following Labor Day, just after the Aug 30th cruise. We are doing Disney first, but then we are sneaking off to see Universal as well. This will be our first time in FL Universal. Just this past summer was the first time my kids had been to any Universal and it happen to be in Singapore. I had to fly 30 hours on a plane just to get them to try it. :rotfl:

We are (gasp) cheating on the mouse and going to Universal pre-cruise. We have huge Harry Potter fans who can't wait to see Diagon Alley.

We are cheating on the mouse as well (LOL) and doing Universal pre-cruise Also, slight change to our pre-cruise accomodations from what I posted earlier. I made a reservation over the weekend to stay at one of the Universal resorts for our two pre-cruise nights. It seems like that will be more convenient to Universal than BLT and staying at a Universal resort will get us early access to Islands of Adventure and universal unlimited express passes. We still plan to stay at BLT the night the cruise returns to Port Canaveral.

I am interested in the 'fish thing' outside my door. My parents are giving this as a gift to my sister and me and we are bringing our little girls-ages 8, 5, & 2 and looking forward to being on the boat on Thanksgiving!

Hi I'm excited you are going to join the FE( fish extender ). Do you have you cabin number?

1. Romeelaine-DH Ricky, DW Elaine, DS Shawn(25) Enjoys teenage items. Room2540 2. Disneygurlz-DH Mike DW Donna DS Lance (13) DD Sarah Margaret (11) Room will be listed later. 3. Djoch- DH Charles DW Diana, DS Ethan(14), DS Braeden (11), DD Rebecca (11) Rooms 8089 & 8589
Rachel- DH Ken, DW Rachel, DD Camryn (10) DD Kendall (8) Room 8628
Redhead23298-

Fish Extender list as of 1/17/14

1. Romeelaine-DH Ricky, DW Elaine, DS Shawn(25) Enjoys teenage items. Room2540
2. Disneygurlz-DH Mike DW Donna DS Lance (13) DD Sarah Margaret (11) Room will be listed later.
3. Djoch- DH Charles DW Diana, DS Ethan(14), DS Braeden (11), DD Rebecca (11) Rooms 8089 & 8589
4. Rachel- DH Ken, DW Rachel, DD Camryn (10), DD Kendall ( eight)
5. Ashley-
6.Redhead23298-

2. Disneygurlz-DH Mike DW Donna DS Lance (13) DD Sarah Margaret (11) Room will be listed later.
3. Djoch- DH Charles DW Diana, DS Ethan(14), DS Braeden (11), DD Rebecca (11) Rooms 8089 & 8589

My kids are similar ages :) They started a kids thread to get to know other kids. They have used these in the past and it's been great :)

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3206783

Fish Extender list as of 1/17/14

4. Rachel- DH Ken, DW Rachel, DD Camryn (10), DD Kendall ( eight)
5. Ashley-
6.Redhead23298-

This looks like a great start to a fun group. This cruise will be here before we know it. With wind chills in single digits in Georgia---- I'm good with that!,,:cool1:

This looks like a great start to a fun group. This cruise will be here before we know it. With wind chills in single digits in Georgia---- I'm good with that!,,:cool1:

It's crazy how cold it is here. I'm questioning my judgement booking Alaska this summer. I hate the cold

Hello,

We just moved to this cruise from our "dummy date" set on our last cruise. This will be most of the group's 4th Disney cruise. We are looking forward to Thanksgiving and Christmas decorations! We would love to do FE:

Cabins 6124: GINA, John, Taryn (11)
Cabin 6126: Libby, Brad, Emma (10), Hazel (5)

Thanks! Libby:cool1:

Also we booked a 5C which was the lowest category available. Is that typical to have all the other categories booked so far out? What are the chances that something in a cheaper category will come up? Should I check back every day to see if something has opened, or wait til closer to PIF date? We aren't particular on where we stay, so if we can save some money on the room type, then we can use towards airfare.

In case anyone was wondering, we were able to change to an inside cabin 10A and save $600. So if you are looking to switch categories, it is possible.

Hello,

We just moved to this cruise from our "dummy date" set on our last cruise. This will be most of the group's 4th Disney cruise. We are looking forward to Thanksgiving and Christmas decorations! We would love to do FE:

Cabins 6124: GINA, John, Taryn (11)
Cabin 6126: Libby, Brad, Emma (10), Hazel (5)

Thanks! Libby:cool1:

Welcome to the group :goodvibes

We have just booked for the Thanksgiving cruise as well. This is our first cruise and am open to any suggestions and help! I will be traveling with DH, DS (12), DD (11), and DD (7) at the time so the sailing. Hope to met you all! I don't quite understand the FE, so any advice would help if I could join that group!

So excited to join this Thanksgiving cruise! It's a surprise for our kids right now as well but happy to see so many similar ages! It's me, DH, DD(12), DS(10), all ages at sailing. This will be our 3rd time on the Dream and our 4th Disney Cruise overall. Not sure about FE yet, but I will say we thoroughly enjoyed doing it last year. Excited about the Thanksgiving and holiday decorations onboard! I also just requested to be part of the facebook group too. Looking forward to connecting and helping pass the time until November!:cool1:

We have just booked for the Thanksgiving cruise as well. This is our first cruise and am open to any suggestions and help! I will be traveling with DH, DS (12), DD (11), and DD (7) at the time so the sailing. Hope to met you all! I don't quite understand the FE, so any advice would help if I could join that group!

Welcome to the group! :goodvibes Feel free to have your son and daughter to chat on the kids thread. It's been so great to have the kids get to know each other before the cruises. :goodvibes

So excited to join this Thanksgiving cruise! It's a surprise for our kids right now as well but happy to see so many similar ages! It's me, DH, DD(12), DS(10), all ages at sailing. This will be our 3rd time on the Dream and our 4th Disney Cruise overall. Not sure about FE yet, but I will say we thoroughly enjoyed doing it last year. Excited about the Thanksgiving and holiday decorations onboard! I also just requested to be part of the facebook group too. Looking forward to connecting and helping pass the time until November!:cool1:

Welcome to you and your family!! :goodvibes As stated above, please feel free to have your kids join the kids threads. My kids have loved getting to know the kids before their cruises. It's a great way for them to connect :)

Welcome! My DD will be 12 and my DS will be 10 at the time of sailing too, so we should definitely introduce them to each other.

Welcome to you and your family!! :goodvibes As stated above, please feel free to have your kids join the kids threads. My kids have loved getting to know the kids before their cruises. It's a great way for them to connect :)

Can you post a link to the kids' thread (or direct me to which post # it is in)? My DD (12 at time of sailing) would probably be interested. Thanks!

Hi All,

We are joining the group now that we let the kids know. We tried to keep it a secret for a bit longer but we just couldn't.

It is me (DH) and DW along with DD (15) and DS (10). They are so excited and can't wait. They'd like to reach out to other kids going as well and be part of the group. Once it gets a bit more active we will get them in on it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter