November 24, 2012 Magic

Fivealarm said:
Please add me to the FE list. We just got off the Fantasy on June 11, 2012 and we are ready for more. It's my newly pregnant wife and me and we are pumped!!!

Awesome! Is this your first baby?

Fivealarm said:
Please add me to the FE list. We just got off the Fantasy on June 11, 2012 and we are ready for more. It's my newly pregnant wife and me and we are pumped!!!

Awesome. Is this your first baby?

Welcome to our thread and glad you are joining us on the cruise! Congrats to both you and your wife on your baby.

Jan

kmcford said:
FE is closed!

I will send a PM to those who are signed up by the end of the day.

Ok this means I need to buckle down ..but I can almost betcha I will be doing stuff Turkey Day !!
No big dinner this year .. Saving room for cruising food :D

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Ok the info has been sent. I apologize that it is not complete. There are some unknown stateroom numbers and I am still waiting on fivealarm's info, but I know people have been waiting on this to really get started so I wanted to get it out.

If you did not recieve it let me know and I will figure out what is going on. Remember we will be doing individual gifts for the kids and a cabin gift so that the adults are included as well. You will not have to do the kids one unless you want to if you do not have kids in your cabin. Please remember that you must give gifts if you are receiving them.

23 days!!!!!!!!! Woo hoo!!!!!!! :yay::yay::banana::banana:

I replied and updated some info on it too (just the fave character). Thanks for organizing kmcford!

I SO need to get to work! lol!

:banana: This is our FIRST DCL trip! Grandkids and family along with friends, 11 of us. Interested in FE sign ups. Kids are 5, 7 & 10.
Would appreciate anyother TIPS for the grammy to make this a special trip for the grands!

jku2826 said:
:banana: This is our FIRST DCL trip! Grandkids and family along with friends, 11 of us. Interested in FE sign ups. Kids are 5, 7 & 10.
Would appreciate anyother TIPS for the grammy to make this a special trip for the grands!

Welcome to the board! Something we are doing that I know my kids are going to love is the entire fam is dressing up for pirate night ...my kids grandparents and great grandma will be with us and the kids will love seeing them dressed up like pirates!! Go check the halloween sales, all the pirate stuff is cheap!
Unfortunately the FE cut off date was Oct 31 so we would all have time to get our stuff together. I know some have already purchased their FE gifts.

Awesome! Is this your first baby?
Yes it's our first baby. Today is my wife's birthday. She already knew about the cruise. But for her birthday I gave her the itinerary. She looked and it and got very excited because for her birthday I booked plane tickets so we fly instead of having to drive for 10 hours. Happy Birthday sweetie.

Ok the info has been sent. I apologize that it is not complete. There are some unknown stateroom numbers and I am still waiting on fivealarm's info, but I know people have been waiting on this to really get started so I wanted to get it out.

If you did not recieve it let me know and I will figure out what is going on. Remember we will be doing individual gifts for the kids and a cabin gift so that the adults are included as well. You will not have to do the kids one unless you want to if you do not have kids in your cabin. Please remember that you must give gifts if you are receiving them.

23 days!!!!!!!!! Woo hoo!!!!!!! :yay::yay::banana::banana:
Just my wife and me. Room number yet unknown.

Yes it's our first baby. Today is my wife's birthday. She already knew about the cruise. But for her birthday I gave her the itinerary. She looked and it and got very excited because for her birthday I booked plane tickets so we fly instead of having to drive for 10 hours. Happy Birthday sweetie.

Aww how sweet!

Only 3 more days until we surprise our DD7 with news of our cruise. :thumbsup2 I have all the clues made and all the gifts wrapped (except the last one because I'm putting helium filled balloons in it) and I'm ready to go!:goodvibes

I'll post the details on my pre-trip report on Friday morning!:cool1:

I love all the great info I have gotten off this board! We have 11 sailing with us, 5 kids and 6 adults. This is all of our first cruise except my MIL and we are so excited!! My MIL was recently diagnoised with stage 4 breast cancer and the prognosis isn't good. She is taking the family on a vacation. One of the kiddos has her actual birthday that week, but Grandma has planned for each one of them to have a special "birthday" night at dinner. LOVE that Disney is letting her do that. I saw about the FB page adn joined up there too!!
We live in Ft Worth so we will be driving down Saturday morning.
I do have a few questions if anybody knows the answer I would appriciate the help!
* packing list-- daily play on the boat? shorts and tanks or tees?
dinner dress-- are ties a must?
* I keep seeing about the door decorations? can someone elaborate?
* photos? I saw on another strand about how the ship is always taking photos, but they can be expensive. How expensive? when we went to WDW a few years ago I loved the key chain that tiied all of our pictures together and then we bought the whole CD of the pics they took. Do they do something like this on the ship?

any other tips for us first timers? Thanks for your time!

Welcome jku2826 and amycramer76 and families!!!

There are 12 of us in our group - 8 adults and 4 kids - and so looking forward to boarding the beautiful Disney Magic in about 18 days and 12 hours!!! We're all from Michigan and when my DH (Dave) and I land in Houston on Friday, it'll be our first time in Texas! Cannot wait to be in the Lone Star state!

Jan

I love all the great info I have gotten off this board! We have 11 sailing with us, 5 kids and 6 adults. This is all of our first cruise except my MIL and we are so excited!! My MIL was recently diagnoised with stage 4 breast cancer and the prognosis isn't good. She is taking the family on a vacation. One of the kiddos has her actual birthday that week, but Grandma has planned for each one of them to have a special "birthday" night at dinner. LOVE that Disney is letting her do that. I saw about the FB page adn joined up there too!!
We live in Ft Worth so we will be driving down Saturday morning.
I do have a few questions if anybody knows the answer I would appriciate the help!
* packing list-- daily play on the boat? shorts and tanks or tees?
dinner dress-- are ties a must?

During the day, very casual attire - swimsuits (not allowed in dining rooms for any meals), shorts, tees, etc.

Ties are not required.

On formal and semi-formal nights, you will see everything from tuxes/long gowns to jeans.

Palo - ties are not required, however, men are required to wear a dress shirt - no tshirts or polo-type shirts. For women - slacks or a dress is appropriate.

Amy, copied from DCL website:

On 7-night cruises:

First night: cruise casual—no shorts, swimwear or tank tops
Three additional "cruise casual" nights—no shorts, swimwear or tank tops
One pirate or tropical night (deck party)
One formal and one semi-formal night—formal wear for men: tuxedo or suit; for women: gown or dress; semi-formal wear for men: suit/jacket; for women: dress or pantsuit.

Dress code at Palo on all cruises:
Men: dress pants and shirt or jacket
Women: dress or pantsuit
Please no jeans, shorts, capri pants, flip-flops or tennis shoes

* I keep seeing about the door decorations? can someone elaborate?

People make door magnets to decorate - no tape, etc. allowed. Others on this thread can give you more info about decorating.

* photos? I saw on another strand about how the ship is always taking photos, but they can be expensive. How expensive? when we went to WDW a few years ago I loved the key chain that tiied all of our pictures together and then we bought the whole CD of the pics they took. Do they do something like this on the ship?

I'm sure someone else can better answer this question. The photographers will allow guests to take their own pictures or will take them for you when at a character meet and greet, this includes the character breakfast. Yes, there are CD packages available.

any other tips for us first timers? Thanks for your time!

Lots of tips we can give you - but just enjoy the opportunity you and your famly have to spend a week together. The ship is beautiful and the cast members are amazing. It sounds like your mother-in-law has already planned some special events for the kids! Love her thinking!

In general:

The plays and entertainment are the hightlight of the evening in addition to dinner. My favorite play is Disney Dreams - a must see!

Have fun exploring the ship. Check out deck 7 aft (called the secret deck).

Don't leave your stateroom without a camera. The ship will be decorated for the holidays and there are some great photo op locations, including the gingerbread house, in or near the Promenade Lounge on deck 3 midship.

Keep the daily Navigator with you. If you need extra copies, guest services has extra copies available.

Deck 4 is a relaxing place to be in the comfy lounge chairs.

The pools are open late, including the hot tubs.

There are so many other tips but I can't think of all. There are many threads on the DIS boards about packing lists - I think there's a "sticky" at the top of the DCL board with lots of valuable info.

This will be DCL #18 for me and I truly enjoy the planning of each cruise. Stepping into the atrium when boarding is as exciting as it was the first time I boarded the Magic in 1999. I tell Dave before each cruise that we are going to "cruise outside the box" - meaning, we are going to do something different that we haven't done before.

Jan

Just a reminder to everyone that there will be a meet and greet on Saturday at 3pm at the Promenade Lounge on deck 3 midship. Hope to meet all of you!

Jan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter