November 24, 2012 Magic

For those of you participating in the fe exchange, can you tell me what state you are from? I don't want to do Louisiana stuff if there are other Louisiana people in the group.

I sent my info to kmcford. We're going to do fe, even if its a small group.

We are from Kansas!

Allisophie we are not to far from your daughter at school. I have heard pretty amazing things about the Art Institute!

FE Update:

Here is what I have received:

Vleeth: 2 adults DD 7
Allisophie: 1 adult DD 21 DD 12
Cabin 2 2 adults
WickedPixie: 2 adults DD5 DD1
Cabin 2: 2 adults
Kmcford: 2 adults DD 5 DD9 DD14

(as of right now all the kids are girls)

There are a few others that have mentioned it in posts but did not pm me to join. So I am not sure if they are still wanting to join or not.

So I am open to doing whatever you all want to do. We could do individual gifts for the kids and then just one for the adults in each cabin, we could do one for each member, we could do just one gift for each room,etc.

I think for the kids sake it might be nice if they each got one but as for the adults I am totally open.

kmcford said:
FE Update:

Cabin 2 2 adults

There are a few others that have mentioned it in posts but did not pm me to join. So I am not sure if they are still wanting to join or not.

So I am open to doing whatever you all want to do. We could do individual gifts for the kids and then just one for the adults in each cabin, we could do one for each member, we could do just one gift for each room,etc.

I think for the kids sake it might be nice if they each got one but as for the adults I am totally open.

We would like to do it. For some reason I can't seem to pm you. We are 2 adults, dd6, ds4

I think each kid would like their own. As for the adults, for me, I'm good with just my kids getting something. If its an adult only room, idk. They may have an opinion on that.

kmcford said:
We are from Kansas!

Allisophie we are not to far from your daughter at school. I have heard pretty amazing things about the Art Institute!

So you're up in alli's world :)
I love visiting KCAI plus it's next to the Nelson which is Free with amazing exhibits :)
As of now the mummy is our favorite exhibit :)
Last year we saw the Monet Lilly pad exhibit that was something else

7 staterooms in the fe share so far...sounds like we have more than enough.

Any of you not doing excursions at the ports and just going on your own?

:offtopic:
We did a Carnival Cruise last year and I heard about a group called Chrysalis in Cozumel that gives school supplies to kids there. When kids in Mexico hit 7th grade the cost of school supplies more than doubles and many of them quit school because their parents can't afford it. 7th grade is the year they start to learn English. People who learn English in Cozumel have more job opportunites because of the tourist. :beach: Paradise Beach Club is a drop off point for Chrysalis so I plan to go there and bring some stuff. Just thought I'd mention in here in case anyone else wanted to do this also.:flower3:

http://www.cozumelchrysalisgroup.org/

Also Paradise Beach club has a facebook page.

So you're up in alli's world :)
I love visiting KCAI plus it's next to the Nelson which is Free with amazing exhibits :)
As of now the mummy is our favorite exhibit :)
Last year we saw the Monet Lilly pad exhibit that was something else ��

We are still in for FE .. Even if you decide there's not enough we sill want to leave surprises .. Alli has been brain storming & has some neat ideas
Just pm me & let us know

I grew up in KC and still totally miss the Nelson Atkins Museum (other than the shuttlecocks)! My dad and stepmom are out in Olathe, KS.

I'm so glad to hear that we're doing the FE thing. I'll have to come up with ideas on what to do. Does everyone just do 1 day/gift or multiple times over the cruise?

Been so busy at work haven't booked excursions yet. What's everyone doing?

Here's what we're thinking so far:
Grand cayman - dolphin & turtle farm, at I thought maybe they were tied to the same place but after a little research tonight it looks like its something we could book separately. Any thoughts on this, just wanting to see options since sil wants to snorkel here but also wants to do the turtle farm for sure and there wouldn't be time for her if we didn't break it up.

Costa maya - possibly booking an AI beach excursion...maya chan or Appalachian (sp?). Any preferences or suggestions?

Cozumel - was going to lounge around with kids maybe shop while DHs go golfing

kmcford said:
FE Update:

Cabin 2 2 adults

I'd be totally new to the fe thing but it really sounds like something my kids would enjoy. I'm just wondering what the budget for something like this would be. Has it been decided on whether it'd be gifts everyday or just once? Just wondering how much prep I'd need for this. And what would we be using to hold exchange items?

I don't think any decisions have been made on the fe. I personally think it would be too much to try to do it everyday.

Finally got the show schedule from my daughter. Things may change but right now here's what they're doing:

Saturday – “All Aboard: Let the Magic Begin”
Sunday – “Twice Charmed” (formal night - sea day)
Monday – Variety Show (sea day)
Tuesday – Variety Show AND Pirate Night (Grand Cayman)
Wednesday – “Villains Tonight!” (Costa Maya)
Thursday – “Disney Dreams” (semi-formal night) (Cozumel)
Friday – “Remember the Magic”

I am trying to figure out the logistics of getting to port in Galveston. We fly into Hobby on Friday. That's all I have planned so far. I was told enterprise has a drop at the port in Galveston...not sure about that though. I've also read about transfer busses through DCL but do you then stay at a hotel in Houston or Galveston? Anyone figured this out yet? I think I'd like to have the freedom of a rental car rather than rely on a bus.

Finally got the show schedule from my daughter. Things may change but right now here's what they're doing:

Saturday – “All Aboard: Let the Magic Begin”
Sunday – “Twice Charmed” (formal night - sea day)
Monday – Variety Show (sea day)
Tuesday – Variety Show AND Pirate Night (Grand Cayman)
Wednesday – “Villains Tonight!” (Costa Maya)
Thursday – “Disney Dreams” (semi-formal night) (Cozumel)
Friday – “Remember the Magic”

So the only change has been switching Villains from Tuesday to Wednesday?

Thanks for posting this!:cheer2:

I was told enterprise has a drop at the port in Galveston...not sure about that though. I've also read about transfer busses through DCL but do you then stay at a hotel in Houston or Galveston? Anyone figured this out yet?

I am renting a car. And it is really cheap at Bush Airport. I called to change it to drop off in Galveston. But the price went up 250%. And they dont have any transportation to the port from the rental office.

We are renting and returning to the airport and taking the shuttle. I read somewhere that the Disney Shuttle will do pick ups at a couple of hotels. But I think it is by the other airport. There is information in the air and ground section of your reservation online.

Hello,
It will not let me private message you but we would like to join the exchange. There are 4 in our cabin--Me, my DH, DD 16 and DD 7. Please let me know if you need any help and if we are going to do family or individual.
Thanks,
Sara

We have only had one more group join the FE so it looks like it will be nice and small. Here are my thoughts so let me know if its ok.

I think we should do individual gifts for the kids and then a cabin gift. This would include all the adults who wanted to be part of it. If a cabin wants to receive then they would also need to give. I think because it is such a small group that maybe we could do two small presents for the kids so they they receive things all week. Then the stateroom gift would only be given one time. I think everyday would be way too much. We want everyone to be relaxed and enjoying their vacations!

We will need to establish a date to cut off joining the FE so that everyone has an idea how many gifts they will need to do. I am thinking the end of the month. Does that give everyone enough time?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter