November 24, 2012 Magic

Do they still do the villains party that night? We did the westbound transatlantic in 2010 and there was a villains party. Didn't know if that was for all cruises or just special for that one.

I think they must only do the Villains Party on the transatlantic cruises. We've done two cruises on the two different contracts she has been on and never had a Villains Party on either of those. During the longer cruises, they always do different shows and different parties to fill up the nights for the passengers. When we did the 8 night cruise out of NYC in June, we saw a show called "The Dream Goes On" (it's all about the history of Walt Disney) which we had not seen on our 7 night cruise out of Port Canaveral.

They were testing out the waters for this first cruise out of Galveston. They weren't sure which nights the shows were going to be or Pirate night. They are going to have a definite show schedule after this first sailing. I will talk to my daughter today while they're in port and see if they've finalized the show schedule yet for the rest of the cruises and let everyone know.

I'm sure this Galveston itinerary has been a challenge in terms of planning the evening events as we have three consecutive days at port. Our Palo dinner reservation is on Wednesday. Even if Pirate night is on that night, we'll still have time to enjoy dinner, change, then head to the party.

Eight more weeks!!!!!

Jan

As for Vinylmation trading, I found the folloiwng comment on a non-DiS message board:

Vinylmation trading is pretty much nonexistent on DCL from guest to guest. While they do have the trading boxes in the stores, they don't really help set anything up...

Jan

Thanks, I'll bring some extra vinylmations and see what the stores have to trade.

we booked our parking! used the discount code.. now to find a hotel... still searching....had to re do oldest daughters passport.. expired and she was a minor when it was issued.. hopefully it will be here in time.:scared:

if it's not back we were told to bring birth cert and photo id.. will she still be able to do the excursions? :scared: I know there are many experienced cruisers on here who will let me know .. :thanks:

:hourglass seems like the days are dragging...

we booked our parking! used the discount code.. now to find a hotel... still searching....had to re do oldest daughters passport.. expired and she was a minor when it was issued.. hopefully it will be here in time.:scared:

if it's not back we were told to bring birth cert and photo id.. will she still be able to do the excursions? :scared: I know there are many experienced cruisers on here who will let me know .. :thanks:

My cousin can't find her passport and she called DCL and they told her as long as she has a photo I.D. and raised seal birth certificate she would be fine since this cruise is what they call a "closed loop port" cruise to Grand Cayman and Mexico (since we're entering the ports from sea). We've never had to use our passports for any excusions in the past so I can't imagine you would need them but you could call DCL, they seem to be on top of things like that and should be able to give you an answer.

My cousin can't find her passport and she called DCL and they told her as long as she has a photo I.D. and raised seal birth certificate she would be fine since this cruise is what they call a "closed loop port" cruise to Grand Cayman and Mexico (since we're entering the ports from sea). We've never had to use our passports for any excusions in the past so I can't imagine you would need them but you could call DCL, they seem to be on top of things like that and should be able to give you an answer.

DCL confirmed :) birth cert and photo id will do...

noticed you are from PA, we have family in Mt.Cobb and all around the area..my cousin is at Drexel in Philly ..we try and get "home" for Thanksgiving, but we couldn't pass up this trip :goodvibes maybe next year :grouphug:

Hello All

This is a much more active Roll than the other one I was one.

We will be on this cruise with friends in 6 other cabins. We can't wait.

My wife and I are SCUBA Divers and have a local dive operator lined up in Cozumel for a 2 tank dive and we are going to shore dive from Eden Rock in Grand Cayman. Is anyone interested in joining us?

In Costa Maya, we signed up for the Chacchoben Mayan Ruin Tour.

We have never been on Disney before and are thinking this may not be our last cruise with them.

Mark and Cathy

Was this a discount code for parking in Galveston? If so, where did you find it? We'll have 2 cars to park. Thanks!

Jan, we have our reservation for Palo on Wednesday night too. If that does happen to be Pirate Night, is there a special menu for Pirate Night that we would miss or is there something special in the MDRs for the kids? We planned to let the two children with us eat in the kids club while we dined at Palo.

SCUBA Mark, we are also doing one of the Ruin tours in Costa Maya. We are on the 12:15 tour.

Jan, we have our reservation for Palo on Wednesday night too. If that does happen to be Pirate Night, is there a special menu for Pirate Night that we would miss or is there something special in the MDRs for the kids? We planned to let the two children with us eat in the kids club while we dined at Palo.

SCUBA Mark, we are also doing one of the Ruin tours in Costa Maya. We are on the 12:15 tour.

Found a Pirate's Night menu for the MDRs. We were on the Magic last October 2011 and there was no parade/dance with the CMs and guests on that cruise. Maybe others can update this info if they have been on a more recent Magic cruise.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/Photos/DCL-Navigator-4-Day-May28/pages/15_Pirate-menu-front.htm

Jan

Pirate Night has it's own feast during the party. If you eat at Palo early enough, you'll be able to enjoy the Pirate Night festivities also you just won't be able to eat anymore after dining at Palo. There is a huge party on deck for Pirate Night with fireworks and all the characters, including Captain Hook, Smee, and Mickey flying down from the stack. You won't want your kids to miss it, it's quite a party.

Waiting to hear from my daughter about the confirmation of the show schedule and Pirate Night.pirate:

Pirate Night has it's own feast during the party. If you eat at Palo early enough, you'll be able to enjoy the Pirate Night festivities also you just won't be able to eat anymore after dining at Palo. There is a huge party on deck for Pirate Night with fireworks and all the characters, including Captain Hook, Smee, and Mickey flying down from the stack. You won't want your kids to miss it, it's quite a party.

Waiting to hear from my daughter about the confirmation of the show schedule and Pirate Night.pirate:

Thanks, Janet, for explaining the pirate party. I was just thinking of dinner in the MDRs.

Jan

Oh me oh my. I think we will be joining this cruise. We were planning on wdw (with free dining) & universal for this week but my husband is having eye surgery at the end of oct and may need another at the beginning of nov. I haven't canceled anything yet. We also have this same cruise booked for 2013 but found out today that this one is over $1000 less. Assuming we join you (which it looks like we are) it will be me, dh and dd7. And I want to join the fe group.

Hi, we just booked this cruise-my dh, dd-6, and ds-4. My nieces, sister, sil, dad and grandma are booked as well!
We would like to join FE but this site won't let me pm anyone till I've posted 10 times. I did join the FB page. I'm listed as Kristi Kailing Daniels. Could someone help me with getting us on the FE list?

This is our first time on a Disney Cruise, well actually first time cruising with the kids at all. I think I might be more excited than the kids!

Question about decorating our door: I keep reading about magnets. Is the door metal or do I need to bring a magnetic sheet to hang? Any other door decor tips?

Hi Kristi,

I'm not sure if we're going to end up doing a FE on this cruise. There weren't a lot of people for it, but hopefully we will figure it out soon so we can start getting stuff together if we do.

Doors are metal, so any magnets will work. DCL requests no tape on the doors because it might cause damage. this is the first time we'll be decorating our door, even though it's our second DCL cruise.

Welcome to the group! I bet your kids and mine will end up in the kids club together. i've got a DD almost 5 and a DD 1

Even if there is only 5 or 6 families doing the FE exchange, I'd like to do it!

I agree. It may not be quite as fun with a small number but It would at least be easier and totally worth it to me.

Hi, we just booked this cruise-my dh, dd-6, and ds-4. My nieces, sister, sil, dad and grandma are booked as well!
We would like to join FE but this site won't let me pm anyone till I've posted 10 times. I did join the FB page. I'm listed as Kristi Kailing Daniels. Could someone help me with getting us on the FE list?

This is our first time on a Disney Cruise, well actually first time cruising with the kids at all. I think I might be more excited than the kids!

Question about decorating our door: I keep reading about magnets. Is the door metal or do I need to bring a magnetic sheet to hang? Any other door decor tips?

Welcome Kristi and family!!! :cheer2:

In our group of 12, we have several new cruisers and more are new to DCL. You will get hooked! :thumbsup2

Jan

Okay, I'm officially booked! And paid in full!

Looking forward to meeting everyone at 3:00 on November 24th!

We'll be easy to find. Dh is 6 ft 6 in and I'm 4 ft 10 in. He is 57 & I'm 35. We also have a 7 year old with long blond hair that is around 4 ft 4 in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter