November 24, 2012 Magic

kmcford said:
We are all booked for Captain Marvin's in the Caymans and tropicante in Costa Maya. Still debating which dolphins in Cozumel.

Our group of 12 will be at Tropicante, too!

Jan

We are all booked for Captain Marvin's in the Caymans

We are booked with Captain Marvin's in Cayman too. Which booking are you on? We are doing the 8:30am with Stingray City and one snorkel stop. We are hoping to have time to visit the Turtle Farm on our own afterwards. If we can't tender off in time, they said would try to move us to the afternoon sailing, but we're hoping that we have time. I've told my group we will have to be up early and ready to go on the first tender that we can be on. I know they frequently give priority to ship shore excursions.

We have 8 of us that will be at the Tropicante so it sounds like it will be a fun party :)

Captain Marvin's- we are doing the 3 stop tour at 10:00. We have a little one that I know will probably not get off the boat for snorkeling so I figured with three stops we can take turns who stays with her.

Jan, when you checked on the dining evenings, did you by any chance find out what nights the "show nights" are in the dining rooms? I want to make sure that the girls get those, but we want a Palo night for the adults. So, I would prefer to schedule Palo on one of the second rotation through the restaurants.

KMC, I wanted to do the three stop. Better timing. More snorkeling. Same thing as you that we aren't sure the littlest one will want to get off the boat. But their mother wants to try and do the turtle farm too. The only way I thought that we might have a chance at that is to do the two stop, so there we are. Who knows. If we tender late, we may end up on your sailing!

Oh, seeing a thread on Galveston reminded me that the day of disembarkation for our cruise is the same day of Dickens on the Strand. So, if someone has *very* late flight out of Houston and wants to kill some time that morning in Galveston, store your luggage and head over to the Strand to catch some Victorian Christmas fun. When we go, we normally dress up, but DH said we weren't hauling my elliptical hoop costume complete with big hat for wearing off the ship on Saturday. This will be my first time to Dickens on the Strand in modern dress. Hope I can handle it!

Thanks for the heads up! I've always wanted to do Dickens on the Strand but haven't wanted to drive down. But since we'll already be there we can hit up La King's and then Dickens! Lovely!

dleighb said:
Jan, when you checked on the dining evenings, did you by any chance find out what nights the "show nights" are in the dining rooms? I want to make sure that the girls get those, but we want a Palo night for the adults. So, I would prefer to schedule Palo on one of the second rotation through the restaurants.

KMC, I wanted to do the three stop. Better timing. More snorkeling. Same thing as you that we aren't sure the littlest one will want to get off the boat. But their mother wants to try and do the turtle farm too. The only way I thought that we might have a chance at that is to do the two stop, so there we are. Who knows. If we tender late, we may end up on your sailing!

No, I did not specifically ask about the dining room shows but on past 7 day cruises, the Animators show is done on the first visit to Animators. We are going to Palo for dinner on Wednesday, which will be after our group has rotated through each restaurant. Looking forward to reading trip reports - hopefully soon.

JanDave said:
Cinderella is a "regular"! One morning, there is a princess meet and greet in the atrium. Character info will be in the Navigators and on a screen in the atrium. Also, there is the character breakfast - characters are Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Goofy, Chip and Dale.

How do we find out when the character breakfast is and would this be something we'd be paying extra to attend? My kids were not wild about meeting the characters up close and personal 2 years ago at Disneyland, but I'm curious to see how they would react now. Hate to pay extra for the character meal and have them freak out.

wickedpixie13 said:
Be sure to get there early for the Princess meeting, or at least send one person into the line. On our Alaska cruise it was so popular that they had to cut the line off and add another one so the princesses could get a break. And I highly recommend letting one person wait in line and the other take the kids walking around. My DD couldn't stand in the line as long.

The only characters my daughter met were the princesses at Disneyland and she waited patiently for over an hour. Just know my son won't have the patience this time!

wickedpixie13 said:
Thanks for the heads up! I've always wanted to do Dickens on the Strand but haven't wanted to drive down. But since we'll already be there we can hit up La King's and then Dickens! Lovely!

Agreed! Definitely excited about checking this out this year!

Janet,
My 14 yr old daughter is very much into musical theater. I would love for her to be able chat with your daughter on the cruise! Let's see if we can hook that up!

I'm sure my daughter (Carrie) would be happy to talk to your daughter. Carrie has been involved in musical theatre since high school and continued her musical theatre and dance studies at Point Park University in Pittsburgh and then moved to New York City after graduation. This is her second contract with DCL; this contract is over on December 8th so we will be sailing just one week before she's done with this one. I'm sure we'll be at the "Meet and Greet" in the Promenade Lounge so we can have them talk then.

Carrie is also Drizella in "Twice Charmed" and in the ensembles of the other shows. These kids work hard but they also play hard. It will be a nice cruise for us with her because she won't have any rehearsals. The new cast will already be on board during what they call "cross-over" - they'll be the ones rehearsing all day.

How do we find out when the character breakfast is and would this be something we'd be paying extra to attend? My kids were not wild about meeting the characters up close and personal 2 years ago at Disneyland, but I'm curious to see how they would react now. Hate to pay extra for the character meal and have them freak out.

The character breakfasts are done on sea days, which means Sunday, Monday and Friday for us. Your servers will let you know about the character breakfast at dinner the night before breakfast and let you know restaurant and time. Your assigned breakfast time depends on whether you are main or late seating for dinner. You will have breakfast at your assigned table number that you have for dinner. There is no charge for the character breakfast. Bring your camera!

Now that I think about it, all the character breakfasts we have gone to were in Parrot cay.

Jan

thanks txncrzn & LynneH for the help.. hubby wants to stay in Galveston, I just realized that it's crazy shopping Friday that weekend... so the closer we are to the ship the less traffic we will have to deal with :) we will most likely stay in a "local " hotel/motel and i am looking into pre booking our parking, hubby says better "better book now! so we are not stuck in Timbuck too paying a fortune! "

Our girls love to meet all of the characters. The only exception was my youngest who was 6 at the time had a little run in with Stitch and stiff armed him in the nose when he got too close. It was so unexpected even the handlers laughed. They are usuallly very good about reading which kids are more timid and who they can come up on more. It's kind of sad, our oldest (who will be 10 by the cruise) said that she doesn't want a princess dress this time :( I think it's crazy because if I could get away with it I would wear a princess dress!

Talked to my daughter today since they were in port. She informed me that Pirate Night will be Thursday (Cozumel) night. They're testing out the audience for the shows but right now they also have her "Disney Dreams" show scheduled for Thursday night, too. They've never done a show on Pirate Night before but they're going to try it this week. "Dreams" is always the next to the last night and it just so happens to be Cozumel for this tour which is always Pirate Night. There's also talk that they might not do the "Villains Tonight" show, for some reason DCL doesn't think the Texas cruisers will like that, they're going to tweak it for Texas and see if it works, we'll have to wait and see how it goes. Sad for me because I love all the shows and would love to see them all one more time before she leaves the ship. I'll keep you all posted on the status of all of this as I hear from her.

Dis-Bits said:
Our girls love to meet all of the characters. The only exception was my youngest who was 6 at the time had a little run in with Stitch and stiff armed him in the nose when he got too close. It was so unexpected even the handlers laughed. They are usuallly very good about reading which kids are more timid and who they can come up on more. It's kind of sad, our oldest (who will be 10 by the cruise) said that she doesn't want a princess dress this time :( I think it's crazy because if I could get away with it I would wear a princess dress!

Kim, you can wear a princess dress. We are never too old! The girls want to participate in the talent show ( hope they still do that) and practiced today.

jczosack said:
Talked to my daughter today since they were in port. She informed me that Pirate Night will be Thursday (Cozumel) night. They're testing out the audience for the shows but right now they also have her "Disney Dreams" show scheduled for Thursday night, too. They've never done a show on Pirate Night before but they're going to try it this week. "Dreams" is always the next to the last night and it just so happens to be Cozumel for this tour which is always Pirate Night. There's also talk that they might not do the "Villains Tonight" show, for some reason DCL doesn't think the Texas cruisers will like that, they're going to tweak it for Texas and see if it works, we'll have to wait and see how it goes. Sad for me because I love all the shows and would love to see them all one more time before she leaves the ship. I'll keep you all posted on the status of all of this as I hear from her.

That will be interesting. The best rated play on the high seas - Dreams - and performed on pirate night. I wonder if that will be changed before we board. Just checked my notes, earlier this month, DCL told me semi formal would be on Thursday and pirate night on Tuesday. Interesting. Was thinking the other day that the Fantasy is also on western itinerary the week we cruise. Same ports but on different days. Wonder if we will see the Fantasy at night and possibly see its fireworks on its pirate night.

What wouldn't Texas versus non-Texan cruisers like about Villains? I still have not seen that play.

JanDave said:
The character breakfasts are done on sea days, which means Sunday, Monday and Friday for us. Your servers will let you know about the character breakfast at dinner the night before breakfast and let you know restaurant and time. Your assigned breakfast time depends on whether you are main or late seating for dinner. You will have breakfast at your assigned table number that you have for dinner. There is no charge for the character breakfast. Bring your camera!

Now that I think about it, all the character breakfasts we have gone to were in Parrot cay.

Jan

Thanks so much for the info Jan! You've been super helpful!

Kim, you can wear a princess dress. We are never too old! The girls want to participate in the talent show ( hope they still do that) and practiced today.

I'm afraid to even see what their talent is going to be! ;)

At this time we only have 3 groups signed up for FE. If you are interested please pm me so we can start getting an idea of numbers. We are trying to decide if we are going to do for all members, kids and family, etc.

There's also talk that they might not do the "Villains Tonight" show, for some reason DCL doesn't think the Texas cruisers will like that, they're going to tweak it for Texas and see if it works, we'll have to wait and see how it goes.

WHAT?!!!! I live in Texas, and this is the ONLY show that I am interested in. They will probably tweak it to something with cowboy hats and such because people from outside of Texas seem to think we all wear them and guns in a holster on our belt. My door plan is currently a tribute to the Disney Villains. I will be so disappointed if they don't do that show or if they mess it up trying to please their image of Texans. At least if they don't do it, I don't have to worry about my dinner at Palo conflicting with it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter