November 2020 cruisers....what do you think? Are we cruising?

we were booked for Panama Canal cruise in November but my wife and I felt it was a bit too soon - I think we are going to see another wave of Covad-19 patients when we start the flu season again - We booked the TranAtlantic in May 2021 and hope a vaccine will be available by then to lessen the danger factor
My wife and I are booked on the Panama Canal and Transatlantic in May, as well as a Fantasy cruise next January. My wife just finished chemo about a month and a half ago. The last cruise we took was out of New Orleans in February, so I think we got lucky on that one.

Still haven't decided if I will PIF the November cruise in about a month, but I expect that DCL will cancel that one with the Wonder having transited the canal recently. My wife has not been anywhere for the last several months other than to the doctor, and is looking forward being able to vacation again.

We also have an ABD river cruise booked for next summer and have reserved the excursion to see the new Wish being constructed.

My wife and I are booked on the Panama Canal and Transatlantic in May, as well as a Fantasy cruise next January. My wife just finished chemo about a month and a half ago. The last cruise we took was out of New Orleans in February, so I think we got lucky on that one.

Still haven't decided if I will PIF the November cruise in about a month, but I expect that DCL will cancel that one with the Wonder having transited the canal recently. My wife has not been anywhere for the last several months other than to the doctor, and is looking forward being able to vacation again.

We also have an ABD river cruise booked for next summer and have reserved the excursion to see the new Wish being constructed.
I would love to see the Wish being constructed. Prayers and good thoughts for your wife.

We're on the 11/20 3 night Dream cruise. I am hopeful that it'll go out, either as CC only or as a Double Dip. I'm curious about the mask policies and whether there will any changes to the kids clubs, which could be dealbreakers for us.

I am hopeful that it'll go out, either as CC only or as a Double Dip.

I am thinking the same thing for our upcoming October. I'd rather have a day at sea or double dip at CC. I wonder if DCL is aware how many people don't even get off at Nassau and treat it like a sea day. My 2nd least favorite port is Falmouth.

I am thinking the same thing for our upcoming October. I'd rather have a day at sea or double dip at CC. I wonder if DCL is aware how many people don't even get off at Nassau and treat it like a sea day. My 2nd least favorite port is Falmouth.

The problem with sea days is it puts thousands shoulder to shoulder all day long. On sea days the pool deck is a madhouse and the interior public areas are full too, and there’s not much outside/social distancing possible.

Its kind of a catch 22 since long port days where people can spread out and be outside are better, but you need safe ports to go to and then you’re in contact with more people.

I’m hopeful! We switched our 11/1/2020 cruise from a 6 night one way trip on the Magic out of NYC to PR to the a 7 night on the Dream straight out of dry dock and squeaky clean. I’m fantasizing that it will turn into a double dip. DH would love that and it will be his birthday onboard so I’m hoping for a pixie dusted itinerary change!

We have an 11/14 seven night on the Fantasy.

I've asked my TA if we can go ahead and PIF in case they do cancel and offer a deal to those PIF. I think our biggest concerns are 1) Kids areas being open, 2) Character experiences, and 3)chance of quarantine after return.
I'm about 60-75% certain the lines will be running then, but who in the world knows at this point. With the way 2020 is going, hurricane season could just wipe out the Atlantic seaboard or something. I wouldn't be surprised anymore.

We are booked for the Panama Canal cruise in November. I went ahead and PIF last week, and keeping my fingers crossed it sails. We have an ABD right before the cruise as well. I am not optimistic it will sail, as the Wonder is now back on the East Coast. If they cancel we will just rebook for the next year. I am totally missing my Disney Magic. We usually cruise twice a year and go to DW 2-3 times a year. We are headed down to DW for our first ever resort only vacation on 6/24, I need my Disney fix

This is the million dollar question right now for us as well... also booked on the Dream in November.

We are torn, too... but the way I'm looking at it right now... with every day we have a little more information. It is hard to even look one month ahead, let alone 4! Just think back to early February and all that's happened since then. So at the moment, I think we will NOT roll the dice, and get the full refund, but sadly lose our OBB credits and perks we've carried forward for 7 something years!!

I would rebook to a Nov 2021 sailing with our OBB, if DCL will let us... but the fall 2021 itinery has not been released... and this would require them being ok to extend our OBB credit by ~one month.
I'll happily rebook, but if they won't allow rebooking with our OBB credit, we will go for the full refund. These are uncertain times, and gambling with that much money (and all the follow up phone calls, letters, etc.) would create extra stress I think? So at the moment, I'm watching and ... just taking it day by day.

We're currently booked on a November cruise on the Disney Dream. I know that some of the other ships have extended their "no sail" dates out into the fall but so far, the Dream has been holding steady at the July 27th departure date as their last cancelled cruise. What does everyone think? Will the Dream sail this fall? My PIF is July 11th and I'm really torn between preemptively cancelling or rolling the dice. My biggest worry is that the cruise WILL happen but that they'll require all sorts of crazy restrictions that will make it so that I don't want to go...but I'll be stuck unable to get a full refund. I know no one knows for sure but I was curious what my fellow travelers are planning on doing!

we did 2 disney cruises in the Dream. It will be a long time before we take another cruise on any line. To much of a risk

Lots of conflicting information and questionable motivations out there on all sides. Some say that asymptomatic people do not spread the virus. If true, then after passing a medical screening we should all be good to go and can forget about this virus and enjoy our cruise without constant nagging and policing by crew members or judgmental cruisers . Wishful thinking, I know. Hopefully there will be some unbiased and peer reviewed studies before we sail and Disney will not over due the restrictions.

Lots of conflicting information and questionable motivations out there on all sides. Some say that asymptomatic people do not spread the virus. If true, then after passing a medical screening we should all be good to go and can forget about this virus and enjoy our cruise without constant nagging and policing by crew members or judgmental cruisers . Wishful thinking, I know. Hopefully there will be some unbiased and peer reviewed studies before we sail and Disney will not over due the restrictions.
What is the medical screening Disney will be doing? I haven’t been watching the developments too closely.

Lots of conflicting information and questionable motivations out there on all sides. Some say that asymptomatic people do not spread the virus. If true, then after passing a medical screening we should all be good to go and can forget about this virus and enjoy our cruise without constant nagging and policing by crew members or judgmental cruisers .

I agree. On 06/05/20 the WHO stated masks do not prevent you from getting COVID but then you get people coming on here saying the masks are not to protect you from getting COVID but it's to prevent you from shedding COVID. If we've all gone through health screening, there should be no shedding. Also, UV rays (the sun) kills virus on surfaces, so throw some chlorine in the pool and let the sun do it's job, that should cover the deck areas. Only area masks should be required is embarkation because not everyone has been health screened and of course anyone could voluntarily wear a mask throughout the cruise if they so choose. Constant nagging and policing by hall monitor type cruisers would be a nightmare. Requiring a mask for 6 to 8 hours at the park is not the same as requiring a cruiser to wear one for 3 to 14 days.

Booked on opening day for a sailing this coming late September. PIF is coming soon; I think I'll pay it and hope for the best. Me and my two daughters.

I feel like November is a more realistic target to resume cruising. At the earliest, I would say October.

Even more than the CDC giving them the go ahead, Its going to take a long time to restaff the ships after this whole debacle of getting people home so its more than just a "Ok, we are good to go." I wouldn't be surprised if they slowly phased in certain ships first, Probably Dream and Fantasy and then moved to the Magic and Wonder afterwards.

We are booked for December 2020, but once Disney releases late 2021 cruises, we will be rescheduling to December 2021. I am not willing to part with $4k+ for a vacation I can't relax on or a dumbed-down DCL experience. Hopefully they are released before my PIF. If not, I'll reschedule to something sooner and then try to reschedule again to what I want. If I lose my OBB discount, so be it.

Not DCL, but we are also booked at WDW in October 2020 and December 2020, which were rebooks for a cancelled April 2020 trip (we feel much better about WDW's chances in December than DCL's). We are thinking the October will be a no-go and are praying that by December the world will be more normal. But I'm still not getting excited about any of our planned vacations. I'm trying not to think about them at all because it makes me sad. And angry.

We work way too hard for our money, not that anyone else doesn't but Disney is where almost all of our disposable income has gone for the last few years because we love it so much (the parks and cruising). So we will wait for the time when things are back to normal, whenever that time might be.

I still can't believe this is all real.

I canceled both my September cruises (b2b). dont think it will happen. We watched as the parks came up with a plan, but dcl is still getting crew members back home and only crickets when it comes to a plan. There’s been talk what other cruise lines are planning, but Disney seems to be taking the wait and see when others start up. dcl canceled my April cruise and I took the full refund. I canceled both September cruises as the PIF date is next week. I’ve also moved my January 2021 cruise to April 2021 (PIF date is December). Hopefully we know more by December. I was lucky to cruise January 2020, so that will have to hold me. Cruises cost too much to get a partial experience. If my April 2021 doesn’t happen, Ive got a September 2021 cruise booked too.

I have one for Halloween which probably wont go. CDC is rumored to stop sailings till 2022. Ship still trying to get CM off ships.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter