November 2013 CANCELLED ADR Thread - Read 1st Post

My thoughts exactly, people do if all the time. I see posts like this the closer people get to there dates.

I think it is more likely that people are just not sure exactly what their plans will be months in advance. So they book what they are most interested in and then weed them out as time goes by. I know I had to change several reservations recently only because times and locations didn't match up to what we will be doing.

When it is all adults traveling it makes it a bit more confusing because not everyone will necessarily be at the same place at the same time.

Is it normal to overbook like this? Perhaps this is why the most desirable restaurants fill up months in advance!

:thumbsup2 We have a fairly large group, with 23 people with smaller groups wanting to go in all different directions. We just happen to finalize everyone's plans and canceled ones we no longer needed. And wanted to give DISer's the opportunity to perhaps snag one.
Didn't think my post here would upset someone. Sorry for that. :hug:

We all have different reasons for making multiple reservations. Often it's because we try to coordinate bigger groups. Making comments about what people are canceling is only going to discourage them from saying anything at all. They will just cancel with no one here having a chance to snag it. Let's give people the benefit of the doubt.

We all have different reasons for making multiple reservations. Often it's because we try to coordinate bigger groups. Making comments about what people are canceling is only going to discourage them from saying anything at all. They will just cancel with no one here having a chance to snag it. Let's give people the benefit of the doubt.

:thumbsup2

Available: 11/21 Chef Mickey @ 7:40 for at least six people.

On another note - I don't blame people for making multiple reservations; I totally get it! I am very grateful to have this thread! :flower3:

I'm not saying that everybody dishonestly snagged up multiple reservations. I agree that there are good reasons, but I also recognize that perhaps a few people snagged them only out of convenience for their own plans. I find this to be mildly greedy (like taking multiple reservations to the same restaurant on the same day, for the sole reason of not knowing when you want to eat dinner 6 months from now). This gives those of us who plan a trip to WDW within the 6-month window less of a chance to nab some good ADRs.

Don't get me wrong, I very much appreciate and want to encourage posting cancellations here. Thank you to those that do! :goodvibes

:thumbsup2 We have a fairly large group, with 23 people with smaller groups wanting to go in all different directions. We just happen to finalize everyone's plans and canceled ones we no longer needed. And wanted to give DISer's the opportunity to perhaps snag one.
Didn't think my post here would upset someone. Sorry for that. :hug:

Your reasoning is very valid. I'm not upset, it's all good! :thumbsup2

Hi all! I am planning on canceling my BOG ressie on 11/13 at 9:00pm for 2 people. Let me know if anyone needs this and I will cancel accordingly.

Will be cancelling the following. If anyone wants to try and coordinate just let me know!

Ohana 11/11 8:05pm 4 people
Liberty Tree Tavern 11/12 4:00pm 4 people
Chef Mickey's 11/16 9:10pm 4 people

Just canceled the following: 11/19 - Ohana 7pm, 4 pp 11/18 - Ohana 8:10pm, 3pp 11/19 - Sci fi 1:25pm, 3pp 11/20 - Ohana 10:30am, 2pp 11/18 - 1900 PF 11:05am , 2pp 11/18 - BOG 5pm, 3pp 11/18 - BOG 6:15pm, 3pp 11/18 - Akershus 8:00am, 4pp

Oh why didn't you cancel these a few minutes earlier!!! I could have snagged one! ;)

Just cancelled Mama Melrose Fantasmic package for 4 people on 11/19 at 1:30pm

I also have a Chef Mickey for 4 people on 11/20 at 7:50pm I am GOING to cancel if anyone wants it.

Ugh..still can't check reservations online. Saying not available to check. How are you that are able to see them using? Leaving in 6 days and needing to get 2 more.

Go figure!! This is the perfect arrival night reservation for me and I am nowhere near a computer right now! So frustrating!

I just checked, I was going to get it to hold for you. There is a 9:35pm only, is that too late? I can grab it if you want.

A big thanks to Mommaberd. I now have a 10:40 AM Chef Mickey to cancel 11/17th for a party of 4. Let me know if anyone wants to coordinate something this evening. The time was just too late to work into my schedule.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter