NOVEMBER 2012 Trip Planners Thread~ Everybody is Welcome~Part 3 already!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will be fighting for BOG ADRs!! If what has been said is right.:cool1:

Yes, I have it in my iPhone just to remind me.;)

We have an ADR for LTT at 4:50 for our MVMCP night. Do you remember when your ressie was for? Do you think this is early enough? We went to MNSSHP last year and were absolutely shocked at the crowds! People had been telling us that you can walk onto any ride, meet characters with minimal waits, etc...but the opposite was the case, I've never seen crowds like that before in MK. Is it usually that busy or did we have a fluke night?:wave2:

Our was more toward 5:30. They were very backed up for some reason and the service was slow, but the server was doing the best he could under very difficult circumstances (large ultra demanding party). You should be fine with your time. I would check in 15/20 minutes early.

As far as the party being crowded, I think it's the luck of the draw. We happened to go to the 1st MNSSHP of the year (Sept 13) and it was not crowded at all. The closer you go to toward Halloween, the busier it gets. For MVMCP, we went in 2010 and it seemed crowded to us. Not crazy crowded, but more than we were used to. What day are you going? The partys tend to get more crowded the closer to the actual holiday.

:cool1: Decided to take a risk! Scored a 7:50am ADR on our departure day!

Good for you!:cool1:

Divaofdisney said:
It sounds awesome!! Wish I lived a little closer I'd so be there, enjoy it :)

Thank you! :)

ThreeAngels said:
Oh, man! Today I'm wishing I was a MA Diser! I hope you have a MAGICAL time!pixiedust:

Thank you! It's too bad you aren't in Mass.

KatienJenny said:
Oh, I wish I could go.
I have to babysit my youngest granddaughter tonight. She wouldn't sit still long enough for either her or myself to enjoy it.
Oh well, maybe another time.

Thanks for the info though.:flower3:

You're welcome! It's too bad you won't be able to go. But there is a really messed up looking Mickey Mouse that is there every year. Maybe she would like that! :laughing:

They have it every year so maybe you will get to next year!

disneychic2 said:
Yes, I have it in my iPhone just to remind me.;)

Our was more toward 5:30. They were very backed up for some reason and the service was slow, but the server was doing the best he could under very difficult circumstances (large ultra demanding party). You should be fine with your time. I would check in 15/20 minutes early.

As far as the party being crowded, I think it's the luck of the draw. We happened to go to the 1st MNSSHP of the year (Sept 13) and it was not crowded at all. The closer you go to toward Halloween, the busier it gets. For MVMCP, we went in 2010 and it seemed crowded to us. Not crazy crowded, but more than we were used to. What day are you going? The partys tend to get more crowded the closer to the actual holiday.

Good for you!:cool1:

We have it booked for Dec 4, which is a Tuesday. Hoping that since it was beginning of Dec and not being a weekend will help the crowd levels. Oh well it will be what it is! Can't wait to try the hot chocolate, sugar cookies and watch the snow falling on Main Street!!

Thanks for the early check in tip!! :-)

Okay, now I'm starting to get worried with everyone sharing what they're doing on arrival day. We have a late flight into MCO that arrives at 10pm which means we probably won't get to our resort till 11pm. DH wanted that flight so that first we wouldn't have to pull DS out of school early that day and second, so we wouldn't get stuck in bad traffic on the way to BWI. This means we will be going straight to bed in order to get up early the next day. But I know the kids will want to explore the new resort (we're staying at AoA). I don't know what to do anymore!!:confused3:confused3

We are arriving late as well. (Plane arrives 10:40) And we prefer that. We think of it as being ahead. Our first official day is the next day and instead of spending all day traveling we are enjoying the parks.;)

We are arriving late as well. (Plane arrives 10:40) And we prefer that. We think of it as being ahead. Our first official day is the next day and instead of spending all day traveling we are enjoying the parks.;)
Now that you put it that way, I feel a bit better. That really was our intention..not to travel on a park day. So on our first full day, we can get to the park at RD. I just hope and pray there are no flight delays...

Okay, now I'm starting to get worried with everyone sharing what they're doing on arrival day. We have a late flight into MCO that arrives at 10pm which means we probably won't get to our resort till 11pm. DH wanted that flight so that first we wouldn't have to pull DS out of school early that day and second, so we wouldn't get stuck in bad traffic on the way to BWI. This means we will be going straight to bed in order to get up early the next day. But I know the kids will want to explore the new resort (we're staying at AoA). I don't know what to do anymore!!:confused3:confused3

Oh I totally understand the traffic thing at BWI. We are leaving 3am to make our 6am flight and thats with a 45 minute ride so I am thinking we may have to leave a little earlier. :scared: Hopefully the kids will sleep in the truck/plane
So you would need to be at the airport at 7 right? but rush hour is 5-6 or 630 so that really doesnt get you too much out of the traffic UNLESS you live that close! And in that case you are lucky LOL I wouldnt worry about it. BUT I do know that you can leave at 12 and still be counted as a full day of school hint hint LOL if there was a flight leaving at 4 that would put u at AoA about 7-plenty of time to explore! :p

Oops! Didn't see the part 3 :goodvibes

Just copied and pasted from the old thread

Arriving the 8th and staying through the 14th! Staying at POR. My mom's b-day is the 9th and mine the 16th ( ).
BIRTHDAYS AND FOOD & WINE! YAY!

Does anyone know when Christmas decorations go up in resorts? I just assumed that if the Christmas Party was scheduled that the decorations would be up as well

disneychic2 said:
I told DH what you said here, thinking we would not go again, but he said we'll do one meal dining plan and one meal oop. I guess that would work.:confused3

I agree with everyone that you will be getting to the party late. We made the mistake last year of eating at LTT too late (and they were behind and we didn't get seated until 30/40 minutes after our ressie) So we didn't hit the party until after 7. If you have to eat at one of them, I would do WCC for sure. It doesn't take all that long there and the boat ride is 5/10 minutes. That should get you there a bit before 7.

We were there Dec 1 - 8 in 2010 and it broke records for low temps two days in a row! We wore shorts exactly one time. And we're from Ohio, so we know cold! It got so cold at night we ended up leaving the parks before we normally would have. The trouble was, the weather was predicted in the 70s for every day...and I checked the day before we left. :faint:

Been there twice. Loved it both times!!::yes::

Get the Unofficial Guide to WDW. It is a wealth of information! Also, on Disney's website they offer free maps of the parks. Order those and study the layout of each park. If you have a general knowledge of the layouts, it makes getting to the attractions you want to do so much easier! I would say relax, do your homework and you will have a great time!:flower3:

And really try not to stress. You have plenty of time to familiarize yourself with the parks and attractions. Try to enjoy the process. Hanging out here will help a lot. Don't be afraid to ask questions. Someone on this thread will have the answer or been there done that! You're in good hands!;)

Seems there's constantly something to gear up for! Don't you love it?!:beach:

Just saw what you posted about LTT last year, what time was your ADR for ? I have one for 4:30 which may change if I can get BOG. I want to catch the Castle Dream Lights Show

Oh I totally understand the traffic thing at BWI. We are leaving 3am to make our 6am flight and thats with a 45 minute ride so I am thinking we may have to leave a little earlier. :scared: Hopefully the kids will sleep in the truck/plane
So you would need to be at the airport at 7 right? but rush hour is 5-6 or 630 so that really doesnt get you too much out of the traffic UNLESS you live that close! And in that case you are lucky LOL I wouldnt worry about it. BUT I do know that you can leave at 12 and still be counted as a full day of school hint hint LOL if there was a flight leaving at 4 that would put u at AoA about 7-plenty of time to explore! :p

We are about an hour and a half away from BWI. Our flight is 7:45pm and I prefer to be there early so 6pm arrival to the airport which means leave the house at 4pm. We might still hit some traffic I guess. Reagan airport is closest to us but SW doesn't have direct flights from DCA or IAD and I wanted to use our points.
There is a 6:15pm direct flight that gets in at 8:30 or a 3:55pm with one stop/no plane change that gets in at 7:15pm but that would mean leave school early.

I guess I'll just have to leave it as is for now b/c the fares have gone up since I booked and if they do go back down I'll consider changing.
Ughh...I hate second guessing myself!!

OH no! :duck: what happened ? Did you find something better?

Just been tweeking times. I think I'm done. But who knows? :lmao:

But I was really shocked at what was still available. Either everyone with free dining hasn't gone after their ADRs yet, or attendance is down. There was still supper times for LeCellier.:eek:

Smileybug said:
Just been tweeking times. I think I'm done. But who knows? :lmao:

But I was really shocked at what was still available. Either everyone with free dining hasn't gone after their ADRs yet, or attendance is down. There was still supper times for LeCellier.:eek:

It does seem as if there is a lot of availability my thought is most people are still booking summer trips but wait till the tv ads start up for fall FD

Hi guys, just found this thread and man ya'll have been busy. My DH, DS and I will be arriving on 10/31 (MNSSHP) and staying at AOA-LM until 11/6/2012. We live near Richmond, VA.

Just found a Chef Mickey's breakfast opening on our last day.... Thinking about snagging it but am worried bout the reviews of bad food yet good characters.... Hmmm

We have done breakfast and enjoyed it. Its a buffet so there is always something for everyone. The food was fine and the characters were alot of fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter