NOVEMBER 2012 Trip Planners Thread~ Everybody is Welcome~Part 3 already!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure I read anything about SRO, but I know there weren't more than a dozen or so tables/parties that night. There was a ton of space in the area, which I wouldn't have thought would even suggest SRO. And, honestly, as few people as were there, if a few people had just stayed in their seats, all the kids could have seen fine, as could have most or all of the adults. Even with the view being blocked and my child trying to peek through the adults at the railing, I stayed in my (front row) seat so I didn't block the view of people behind me...
But then I've seen numerous flame wars erupt over whether parents should expect other adults to accommodate kids at such things. I both think the adults should, as a parent, and try to myself as an adult. (Very little is more irritating to me than an adult at a parade who scoops up all the candy thrown from the floats while the kids beside and behind them desperately try to get a few pieces, but I've seen it not infrequently...) The parameters of polite human behavior very so much from person to person, I find myself unable to understand people sometimes...

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

From what I gather, they just added or somewhat recently added the SRO comment on their website where you go to reserve a spot. There is still assigned seating at the tables. But what I read was that if you have a table towards the back there is some sort of overhang from the roof that blocks the view, so to compensate for the poor viewing spots and I would imagine to stop people from complaining about others moving to the railing, now everyone is expected to be able to go up to the railing. Was that confusing, I think I'm too tired to type.

Anyway, we're going to try it out, I like the idea of having a place to watch the fireworks from and I never turn down a dessert table, so I'm all in. :cool1:

But I'm with you, people are too hard to understand.:confused3

Your ADRs look good. The only thing I see is that having lunch at H&V is going to cost you some major time in DHS. If your kiddos are really into the Dinsey Junior characters, though, I say go for it! If they're not really into them, then I think CS may be better. Also, it looks like you don't have Fantasmic scheduled anywhere. Are you guys hoping to catch it or are you planning to skip it this time? Also, it looks like you're not visiting Epcot at all. While it's not our favorite park, there are several things there that we wouldn't miss like Soarin' :thumbsup2. We also love Illuminations. Is there a way to switch around your schedule and at least get a partial day at Epcot (warning-- To catch Soarin' you really need to be there in the morning to pull a FP, especially on Thanksgiving Week. Illuminations, is of course at night)? As far as discounts go. I know your dates are blacked out for the Free Dining PIN :sad1:. I'm not sure if they've ever offered any discounts over Thanksgiving week-- maybe they'll at least offer a room discount? If you could switch your dates to arrive on the 15th, there's more of a chance that you'll be able to get FD if it becomes a general public offer.

Yea, I'm not even sure where they found that thing :lmao::lmao:! Maybe they said something like, "This lady is driving us CRAZY asking for PINS all the time. Just send her SOMETHING!!" :rotfl::rotfl: --Katie
Thanks to all of you for the feedback on my ADR's! I appreciate it:) As far as our dates- we are firm on them b/c of school schedules. I'm a first year teacher and just can't miss school this year. Since it is such a busy time we are choosing to skip the things that we don't think DD would just LOVE. She's very much into princesses, but she's still super crazy about the Disney Junior gang- which is why I scheduled H&V. I would love to do Epcot but I think since we are going to be dealing with major crowds I would rather be able to spend more time in MK & not feel like we have to rush. We'll go back in about 2 years:) I have learned so much from reading this board. Thank you all for being so full of info!!!!

Mommyof3princess27, I see you have me down for Nov. 20-26 at BC. We are actually staying Nov. 20-27 and have recently switched our resort from the BC to the WL. Also, we are going to MVMCP on Nov. 25.

I don't think I am down for my dates.

We will be there November 15-25th and staying at the AoA Little Mermaid section. We will be attending the MVMCP on November 15th.

I need everyones help..... I have a tough choice to make and cant decide which one I want.... OPININIONS PLZ! Which places?

A.
Sunday: Cape May Cafe
Wed(CLP) Garden grill
Saturday Coral Reef

B.
Sunday-Whispering Canyon Cafe
Wed-Coral Reef for CLP
Sat-Cape May Cafe

Coral reef is a must for us

I'm not sure if you have decided yet or not - I'm a few pages behind, but if I had to choose I'd go with A

P.S. We are doing the Royal Room at POR also!!

We already have FD. We upgraded from the quick service to the regular plan.. I added up the appetizers, a breakfast everyday, & an extra snack and it would cost less to just pay oop. I just can't justify the extra money for the deluxe plan. I don't see us sitting down for 3 TS meals everyday! Especially with a 2yr old!! We would love to try it when the kids get older! We also wish the tip was still included!!::sad2:

I totally understand that reasoning. Our kids will be 12 & 6 this time and our 6 yr old DS is eating us out of house and home so the extra food for us on the Deluxe Plan is going to work out nicely for us...

I totally understand that reasoning. Our kids will be 12 & 6 this time and our 6 yr old DS is eating us out of house and home so the extra food for us on the Deluxe Plan is going to work out nicely for us...

Another thing about the Deluxe plan. The extra credits come in handy when you are booking TS that requires 2 credits. :goodvibes

Now while we are talking about food.......What do ya'll think about lunch at Ohanas? This seems to be the only reservation available to us right now. Please take into consideration that we have never eaten at this resturant.

Another thing about the Deluxe plan. The extra credits come in handy when you are booking TS that requires 2 credits. :goodvibes

Now while we are talking about food.......What do ya'll think about lunch at Ohanas? This seems to be the only reservation available to us right now. Please take into consideration that we have never eaten at this resturant.

I thought Ohana only had breakfast and dinner. :confused3

Mommyof3princess27, I see you have me down for Nov. 20-26 at BC. We are actually staying Nov. 20-27 and have recently switched our resort from the BC to the WL. Also, we are going to MVMCP on Nov. 25.

I will fix it! :thumbsup2

I don't think I am down for my dates.

We will be there November 15-25th and staying at the AoA Little Mermaid section. We will be attending the MVMCP on November 15th.

I will add you! Sorry if I missed it :goodvibes

I'm not sure if you have decided yet or not - I'm a few pages behind, but if I had to choose I'd go with A

P.S. We are doing the Royal Room at POR also!!

I am going with Schedule A!:banana:

Good morning ya'll. :goodvibes Happy 4th of July Eve!

Good Morning :goodvibes

My kids are picky sometimes but the basic food at some of the character meals is the food they love so it works out nicely for us:goodvibes

:thumbsup2 I love the fact that we can do 2 TS credit meals! I still have enough for our arrival day and our departure day with doing 2 2TS meals

I dont know if they serve lunch...what time is the ressie for? We are doing a dinner at 'Ohanas on Thursday night :goodvibes
Breakfast:7:30AM-11:00AM (Includes Characters -Lilo, Mickey Mouse, Stitch, Pluto)**Dinner:5:00PM-10:00PM (Does Not Include Characters)

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2951866

Did everyone waiting for FDing see this?
Hello again my friends, for the second consecutive year I´m bringin the Free Dining offer news for this fall, and the best it´s that only in 10 days it will be out
OK after all the negative comments about the credibility of my previous year announce and after the release in the exact day that I have predicted I hope that all of you are more confident this year.

These are the dates of the new offer that will be released in July 12

9/30 to 10/4

10/19 to 11/1

11/9 to 11/15

11/23 to 11/29

12/10 to 12/13

All resorts will be included except the LM rooms at AOA.-

Like the last promotion quick service for values and standar dining plan for moderates and the luxes

Hope that these dates work well with your plans and knowing that this announce will bring happiness for a lot of families I send all of you a lot of Pixie dust

Is it crazy that I'm thinking about changing our dates JUST to get free dining? I have to run the numbers... we have Deluxe dining right now, so I'd have to see what the price difference is once we upgrade, add on 3 nights at AoA Nemo room and change our flights... if it's cheaper I'm doing it -- but I'm not sure if thats possible, haha.

We posted that answer at the same time!:rotfl2: Great minds!

You know it. :lmao:

So I am torn. I am thinking that FD will not include LM rooms. So do I stay with the new resort and pay for dining, stay somewhere else and get free dining, or do a split stay and have the best of both worlds. Guess I will be doing some disney math today. :teacher:

Is it crazy that I'm thinking about changing our dates JUST to get free dining? I have to run the numbers... we have Deluxe dining right now, so I'd have to see what the price difference is once we upgrade, add on 3 nights at AoA Nemo room and change our flights... if it's cheaper I'm doing it -- but I'm not sure if thats possible, haha.

Well if you get free reg dining(mods and deluxes) ite $33 per adult to upgrade and $9 or $12(I forget which) for kids..... mine was $500 for 7 nights for 2 adults and 2 kids. Not bad

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2951866

Did everyone waiting for FDing see this?
Hello again my friends, for the second consecutive year I´m bringin the Free Dining offer news for this fall, and the best it´s that only in 10 days it will be out
OK after all the negative comments about the credibility of my previous year announce and after the release in the exact day that I have predicted I hope that all of you are more confident this year.

These are the dates of the new offer that will be released in July 12

9/30 to 10/4

10/19 to 11/1

11/9 to 11/15

11/23 to 11/29

12/10 to 12/13

All resorts will be included except the LM rooms at AOA.-

Like the last promotion quick service for values and standar dining plan for moderates and the luxes

Hope that these dates work well with your plans and knowing that this announce will bring happiness for a lot of families I send all of you a lot of Pixie dust

Thats sounds awesome! :thumbsup2

I don't think it sounds crazy at all. :goodvibes

So I am torn. I am thinking that FD will not include LM rooms. So do I stay with the new resort and pay for dining, stay somewhere else and get free dining, or do a split stay and have the best of both worlds. Guess I will be doing some disney math today. :teacher:

Wow....Can't wait to hear what you decide. :)

It says all resorts included EXCEPT AoA LM rooms

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter