NOVEMBER 2012 Trip Planners Thread~ Everybody is Welcome~Part 3 already!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know what you mean. :goodvibes My internet didn't mess up but I did. :laughing: And I needed the support. :grouphug:

:rotfl:I needed the support, too, and my Internet flipped out, apparently while I was showering, and then I proceeded to flip out. It was NOT pretty and I do NOT want to repeat it!:eek::sick::mad:

I know we are all patiently waiting for Bog ADRs to open. :rotfl2: But are you honestly excited about the menu itself? In all honesty I'm not. :blush: But I want to eat there just to see it and experience it. :thumbsup2

Yeah, it sounds.....OK. I'm trying to keep an open mind about it. I'm almost sure we'll end up loving it, but was a tad disappointed when reading about the menu. I'm still hoping there'll be some delicious gray stuff for us to try!;)

That is pretty much how I feel about it too in fact DH tends to have an aversion to dining French says he does not like it so If I do book it I will keep the menu to myself until we are there

THAT is a brilliant idea!:thumbsup2

I was gone most of today, we took the kids into Philadelphia(about 1.5 hrs away) to the plz touch museum.... I am wiped out! :laughing: I have not idea how Im gonna make it at Disney!!!!

I was telling mom about Be Our Guest and shes excited!

Sounds like a fun day!:cool1:

I know we are all patiently waiting for Bog ADRs to open. :rotfl2: But are you honestly excited about the menu itself? In all honesty I'm not. :blush: But I want to eat there just to see it and experience it. :thumbsup2

Honestly, I would go there just to see the inside of the restaurant and to have the pictures. But I was truly excited when they announced the menu. This stuff sounds great: mussels steamed in white wine, potato leek soup, the pan seared salmon and especially the shrimp & scallops in puff pastry with lobster sauce. I am excited!:yay:

So yeah, I really need this place to be open in early Nov., only another month and 3 days to find out....:rolleyes1

Got mail from Disney this weekend. I was hoping it was a PIN code for FD. Wanna know what it was??!!! A DCL brochure from 2008 :confused3:confused3:confused3:eek::eek:!! Is that weird or what??!! I feel like the Disney Gods are just taunting me now!! --Katie

Yeah no one in our party really wants to eat TS because the menu is meh. I think we might brave the CS though just to see it!

Just realized that the regular dining plan no longer includes appetizers! :sad2: Last time we did this plan was in 2007.. Guess it's changed since then! Not that we need the appetizers, but we love to try things we normally wouldn't try at home.:sad1:

Super excited!!! :banana: Just happened to check to see if Ohana had a ressie during our time and one was available!! :woohoo: My persistence paid off!! Now for BOG!

Hi everyone! I've been lurking for months now & finally decided to join in the conversation!! I do have a question that I was hoping to get an opinion about (forgive me if it's been asked but I got lost around page #125 on the 2nd thread!):
We are arriving on Monday night, the 19th, with our first park day being on the 20th. Yes, I know that Thanksgiving week is one of the busiest, BUT it was our only option. We will be staying until Saturday evening when our flight leaves at 5:00. I know that most of Thanksgiving week will be blacked out for FD or any other PIN, but do you think any of our dates will be included? We're not counting on it, it would just be a bonus if it happened!!! Just wanted to get opinions before I start obnoxiously calling the reservations line to ask about a PIN:)

We were able to get the majority of our ADR's that we wanted so I was excited about that!! Here is what we have planned:
(oh- it will be our first trip as a family: Me, DH, DD4, & both sets of grandparents)
Tuesday (20th)- MK at rope drop & spend all day there. Planning to do CS for lunch but haven't decided where. Back to MK that evening for fireworks & parades. CS for dinner again.
Wednesday (21st)- Hollywood Studios. Lunch at Hollywood & Vine. (12:05)
Dinner at Chef Mickey (6:50)
Thursday (22nd)- Animal Kingdom. CS for lunch
DTD that night- Portobella for Thanksgiving dinner (7:00)
Friday (23rd)- Magic Kingdom.
BBB 10:30
CRT 12:00
Hollywood Studios that night to see Osborne Lights
Saturday (24th)- CP breakfast (8:05)
leave MK around lunch

Thanks so much for any advice or feedback you see on our ADR's!!

Just realized that the regular dining plan no longer includes appetizers! :sad2: Last time we did this plan was in 2007.. Guess it's changed since then! Not that we need the appetizers, but we love to try things we normally wouldn't try at home.:sad1:

I can relate.. When we did DP in 2005 we had the appetizers and then in 2010 nada... This year we are doing the Deluxe Dining which does include the appetizers... It does help that we have the FD so we only had to pay the difference between the plans. If FD releases as a GP code you could always try for that.

Got mail from Disney this weekend. I was hoping it was a PIN code for FD. Wanna know what it was??!!! A DCL brochure from 2008 :confused3:confused3:confused3:eek::eek:!! Is that weird or what??!! I feel like the Disney Gods are just taunting me now!! --Katie

:rotfl2: Im sorry Im not laughing at the fact that disney is taunting you :headache: which stinks BTW.... Im laughing at the fact its from 2008! :eek: That is just CRAZY!

Hi everyone! I've been lurking for months now & finally decided to join in the conversation!! I do have a question that I was hoping to get an opinion about (forgive me if it's been asked but I got lost around page #125 on the 2nd thread!):
We are arriving on Monday night, the 19th, with our first park day being on the 20th. Yes, I know that Thanksgiving week is one of the busiest, BUT it was our only option. We will be staying until Saturday evening when our flight leaves at 5:00. I know that most of Thanksgiving week will be blacked out for FD or any other PIN, but do you think any of our dates will be included? We're not counting on it, it would just be a bonus if it happened!!! Just wanted to get opinions before I start obnoxiously calling the reservations line to ask about a PIN:)

We were able to get the majority of our ADR's that we wanted so I was excited about that!! Here is what we have planned:
(oh- it will be our first trip as a family: Me, DH, DD4, & both sets of grandparents)
Tuesday (20th)- MK at rope drop & spend all day there. Planning to do CS for lunch but haven't decided where. Back to MK that evening for fireworks & parades. CS for dinner again.
leave MK around lunch

I love your ADR's they look good :thumbsup2 I am not sure on a discount, The current PIN ends on the 15th then picks back up on the 23rd. I you might have a chance but IDK it is Thanksgiving week. Can you change your dates at all?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Good Morning my fellow Disney lovers! I think DH has reached the point of 'NO MORE DISNEY TALK' :eek: Whats wrong with some ppl:rolleyes:

Good Morning my fellow Disney lovers! I think DH has reached the point of 'NO MORE DISNEY TALK' :eek: Whats wrong with some ppl:rolleyes:

Mine just tunes me out after he hears enough and then I just do what I want with our planning. Then later when he says anything I just say I told you about this and you probably just tuned me out....:rotfl: (He will then admit he must have and just go with what I said.)

I have already told him we will have to do a resort switch as the LM rooms at AoA look to be completely booked for our first night. I still have to add a room for Thanksgiving night since I had the FD added. I think I want to look at a Royal Room.

Smileybug said:
Just found this on another thread

http://www.wdwinfo.com/news/Theme_Parks_Attractions/Details_released_about_Magic_Kingdom_s_new_Be_Our_Guest_restaurant.htm?utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=twitterfeed

Looks like BOG will start taking reservations on August 4th. :woohoo:

So what do ya'll think.......Are we gonna crash the system? :lmao:

I have yet to see a source for this Aug. 4 date posted by wdwinfo.com. The prior Disney Parks Blog post said "late August," and the one I just got this morning says, "You can start making reservations in late August." I'm a bit skeptical of a report coming in between those two statements that contradicts them both by naming a date in very early August... I'm thinking either rumor (with or without deep inside info) or someone misread things somehow... I am not counting on Aug. 4 at this point. But I'm really more interested in the opening date anyway...

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Mine just tunes me out after he hears enough and then I just do what I want with our planning. Then later when he says anything I just say I told you about this and you probably just tuned me out....:rotfl: (He will then admit he must have and just go with what I said.)

I have already told him we will have to do a resort switch as the LM rooms at AoA look to be completely booked for our first night. I still have to add a room for Thanksgiving night since I had the FD added. I think I want to look at a Royal Room.

We have a Royal Room booked! I cant wait!:woohoo:

I need everyones help..... I have a tough choice to make and cant decide which one I want.... OPININIONS PLZ! Which places?

A.
Sunday: Cape May Cafe
Wed(CLP) Garden grill
Saturday Coral Reef

B.
Sunday-Whispering Canyon Cafe
Wed-Coral Reef for CLP
Sat-Cape May Cafe

Coral reef is a must for us

leave MK around lunch

Your ADRs look good. The only thing I see is that having lunch at H&V is going to cost you some major time in DHS. If your kiddos are really into the Dinsey Junior characters, though, I say go for it! If they're not really into them, then I think CS may be better. Also, it looks like you don't have Fantasmic scheduled anywhere. Are you guys hoping to catch it or are you planning to skip it this time? Also, it looks like you're not visiting Epcot at all. While it's not our favorite park, there are several things there that we wouldn't miss like Soarin' :thumbsup2. We also love Illuminations. Is there a way to switch around your schedule and at least get a partial day at Epcot (warning-- To catch Soarin' you really need to be there in the morning to pull a FP, especially on Thanksgiving Week. Illuminations, is of course at night)? As far as discounts go. I know your dates are blacked out for the Free Dining PIN :sad1:. I'm not sure if they've ever offered any discounts over Thanksgiving week-- maybe they'll at least offer a room discount? If you could switch your dates to arrive on the 15th, there's more of a chance that you'll be able to get FD if it becomes a general public offer.

:rotfl2: Im sorry Im not laughing at the fact that disney is taunting you :headache: which stinks BTW.... Im laughing at the fact its from 2008! :eek: That is just CRAZY!
Yea, I'm not even sure where they found that thing :lmao::lmao:! Maybe they said something like, "This lady is driving us CRAZY asking for PINS all the time. Just send her SOMETHING!!" :rotfl::rotfl: --Katie

I need everyones help..... I have a tough choice to make and cant decide which one I want.... OPININIONS PLZ! Which places?

A.
Wed(CLP) Garden grill
Saturday Coral Reef

B.
Wed-Coral Reef for CLP
Sat-Cape May Cafe

I would go with A. I like Garden Grill. You should try it. :thumbsup2

Good morning everyone!:wave2: Hope you all had a fabulous weekend. :cool1:

If they gave you the 2008 prices, it wouldn't be a bad deal!:rotfl:

Honestly, I would go there just to see the inside of the restaurant and to have the pictures. But I was truly excited when they announced the menu. This stuff sounds great: mussels steamed in white wine, potato leek soup, the pan seared salmon and especially the shrimp & scallops in puff pastry with lobster sauce. I am excited!:yay:

So yeah, I really need this place to be open in early Nov., only another month and 3 days to find out....:rolleyes1

I agree, I would go just to see it in person since all the photos and videos are amazing. I also think the menu looks good. Can't wait to try it!:yay: Sending pixie dust in the hope it opens up for you.pixiedust:

Remember when the dining plan not only included appetizers but gratuity as well? I think that might have been the very first year it was offered, maybe 2003, 2006? Not sure on that, but that was pretty cool! We've been hooked on the dining plan since it's inception and am really hoping for a pin or general offer SOON!!::yes::

So do they do the Osborne Lights every night at DHS? When do they usually start?

Yes, they do them every night and they are totally awesome! Make sure to walk around everywhere since it looks so different from various vantage points. They do a "lighting" ceremony usually at 6PM, but if you're not there for that, they repeat the show where the lights and music are synchronized several times and it's less crowded after the "ceremony". The snow also repeats. A times guide will tell you exactly when the official lighting will take place.

If you buy the current book, you just have to answer a few questions from the book on their website and then the subscription to the site is free. Good deal if you were planning on buying the book anyway...

Oh wow, that's great! When I signed up a couple of years ago, it just gave a discount and I thought that was awesome. It was very helpful to me for crowd calendar mostly. Now that I have an iPhone, I'll be using it for their lines app as well. Thanks for the heads up.:thumbsup2

A.
Wed(CLP) Garden grill
Saturday Coral Reef

B.
Wed-Coral Reef for CLP
Sat-Cape May Cafe

What park will you be visiting on Sunday? If it's MK, I'd say do WC. It's a lot of fun and the food was really good. Plus, the boat ride over to WL is a beautiful and relaxing little jaunt.

If it's HS or Ep, go with GG. I've never eaten there and it gets iffy reviews, but I have found that the reviews are so subjective, I don't pay much attention to them. For instance, le Cellier gets a lot of flak, but that is one place we won't miss each trip.

Love, love, love Cape May and I'm excited about the new menu for CR, so those are great choices.:thumbsup2

What park will you be visiting on Sunday? If it's MK, I'd say do WC. It's a lot of fun and the food was really good. Plus, the boat ride over to WL is a beautiful and relaxing little jaunt.

If it's HS or Ep, go with GG. I've never eaten there and it gets iffy reviews, but I have found that the reviews are so subjective, I don't pay much attention to them. For instance, le Cellier gets a lot of flak, but that is one place we won't miss each trip.

Love, love, love Cape May and I'm excited about the new menu for CR, so those are great choices.:thumbsup2

Well we have MK scheduled for Sunday and Epot on our last night. Coral reef is a must so we either give up GG or WCC.....:confused3 My kids wanna try Cape May Cafe so its either GG goes or WCC. I do wanna see the WL so am I really missing anything giving up GG?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter