• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

NOVEMBER 2012 Trip Planners Thread~ Everybody is Welcome~Part 3 already!

Status
Not open for further replies.
:) Please add us to your list of those arrive before 11/1. Our trip starts 10/26 and ends 11/2, at AKL-Jambo.

We have 24 credits as well and I am at 18 I think. But we will probably have a few room service breakfast which will take care of what is left. :goodvibes

Also just look at each park and see what is there that really appeals to you.

Where are you staying? I don't think we would ever do room service...not avail at the FQ as far as I know....we love getting the beignets with coffee in the morning. yumm!! We do have a few breakfasts planned though. 1 at Kona Cafe and one at Ohana's. Both new for us.

Don't you just hate beach traffic? I have to allow at least 30 minutes of drive time for every out of store appointment I make between Memorial Day and Labor Day!

YES, YES, YES and oh YES!! Hate it! We are so glad when summer is over and they all go home!! Not right I know but OMG the out of towners are so annoying and so inconsiderate when it comes to driving.

Good morning, all!

If I have some quiet time today, I'm going to start planning my park day itineraries. We have quite a few Magic Kingdom days, and I'm planning on starting in a different Land each morning. Does anyone remember what time Adventureland typically opens? I thought I remembered that part of the park staying closed a bit longer than the rest but I can't find confirmation of that anywhere.

Have a GREAT Sunday!

:thumbsup2:goodvibes

I think everyone should do what comfortably works for them. :goodvibes
But I gotta say ...... for us its the ADRs. It is a comfortable break throught the day in a nice setting. We have never toured "hard". We stroll through the parks. :laughing: Well, unless I'm excited to get to a ride. Then I'm dragging hubby by the hand. :rotfl:Our trips are usually both TS and CS. This is our first trip with mainly all TS. So I will be happy to let ya'll know what the experience was like. One thing I like about the DxDP is that once you start booking things that are 2 TS credits. Those credits go fast.
For us, the ADR's are just a fun part of the trip. We look forward to trying new places and the kids especially enjoy the character meals. We also tour the parks at a slower place and we focus on the must do rides in the first part of the day, then we normally have a CS lunch, go back to the resort for a break and in the evening we'll back for dinner and the parade and/or fireworks.
I'm hoping to do DXDP next year but only because I would like to try some of the dinner shows and signature restaurants so we would probably still only have 2 main meals a day.

So I looked at my countdown on DVC member site and I have 130 days! Yay! We have a 100 day calendar we use, I made a nice one a couple of years ago so I could reuse it. Almost time to take it out!
A fun thing I did with it was put a gold star on the back of about 8 of the numbers randomly and when they get a star I give them a little Disney gift!
I love the idea of the gold stars. Last year we did a 30 day countdown and the kids loved so I might just incorporate the star idea this year.

Good morning, all!

If I have some quiet time today, I'm going to start planning my park day itineraries. We have quite a few Magic Kingdom days, and I'm planning on starting in a different Land each morning. Does anyone remember what time Adventureland typically opens? I thought I remembered that part of the park staying closed a bit longer than the rest but I can't find confirmation of that anywhere.

Have a GREAT Sunday!

I know that they had a second rope drop there the last time we went, but they had them at Fantasyland and Tomorrowland as well. I think they all open at same time.

I would keep GG and drop Cape May.
The character interaction was great at GG, one of my kids' favorite.
We weren't too crazy about Cape May even though I love crab legs.

The characters at GG have me intrigued, but I have to admit that, despite the restaurant's name, the choices for vegetarians and pescatarians (which we are) are surprisingly lacking. One fish entree for adults and macaroni for the kids? This is one of the most limited menus I've seen in all of WDW. And it seems like a bad choice for us for that reason. Am I missing something?

The characters at GG have me intrigued, but I have to admit that, despite the restaurant's name, the choices for vegetarians and pescatarians (which we are) are surprisingly lacking. One fish entree for adults and macaroni for the kids? This is one of the most limited menus I've seen in all of WDW. And it seems like a bad choice for us for that reason. Am I missing something?

Do you mind me asking what a pescatarian is? I have never heard of that. :confused3 I am sorry if that is rude of me.

The menu is very limited, but the characters are so good.

Our trip overlaps for 7 of your days but none of our days match up:confused3 But you have good days!!!:cheer2:

Ditto. Looks like fun! :cool1:

We're scheduled as follows:
Thursday, 11/1 - arrival :banana:
Friday, 11/2 - MK, MNSSHP
Saturday, 11/3 - AK, DTD
Sunday, 11/4 - Legoland
Monday, 11/5 - Epcot :cake:
Tuesday, 11/6 - Typhoon Lagoon
Wednesday, 11/7 - HS
Thursday, 11/8 - Universal? (still on the fence)
Friday, 11/9 - MK, MVMCP
Saturday, 11/10 - departure :sad1:

Do you mind me asking what a pescatarian is? I have never heard of that. :confused3 I am sorry if that is rude of me.

The menu is very limited, but the characters are so good.

Not rude at all! :thumbsup2
We eat fish and shellfish, :fish: but otherwise, we're vegetarians.

You're probably right! I called and booked our package and called back the very next day to change the dates. :rotfl: In my own defense though I asked for those dates to start with but no rooms were available at the AoA. :cool1:

Also, we are planning this as a surprise trip for our kids but I want to tell them so bad it's killing me! I can see my hubby is getting weak already too...he provided wayyyy too much commentary on the Disney commercial this morning while we were watching TV with the kids!!!:happytv:

Oh, I so know this feeling... I'm still planning on this trip being a surprise, with the loose plan of telling DS7 that we're going on vacation, maybe mentioning Legoland as a destination (knowing he won't know how close it is to WDW), and then just hitting the road. I love planning surprises, but it's SO hard to keep the secret when it is SO exciting! :yay:

And I just got some of the best news I could have gotten for this trip (besides FD :scared:): They just finalized the school calendar, and instead of having to take DS out of school for the maximum 8 days he could miss, I find there are four days during our trip when there is no school, and the Monday we had to be back for is also a holiday! That means we can add a day and still only miss four days! :banana:

Oh, I so know this feeling... I'm still planning on this trip being a surprise, with the loose plan of telling DS7 that we're going on vacation, maybe mentioning Legoland as a destination (knowing he won't know how close it is to WDW), and then just hitting the road. I love planning surprises, but it's SO hard to keep the secret when it is SO exciting! :yay:

And I just got some of the best news I could have gotten for this trip (besides FD :scared:): They just finalized the school calendar, and instead of having to take DS out of school for the maximum 8 days he could miss, I find there are four days during our trip when there is no school, and the Monday we had to be back for is also a holiday! That means we can add a day and still only miss four days! :banana:

Awesome!! My daughter is only missing 4 days as well and 2 of those are on Thanksgiving week which I know she won't be doing anything new. Should work out great for her!

Don't you just hate beach traffic? I have to allow at least 30 minutes of drive time for every out of store appointment I make between Memorial Day and Labor Day!

Yeah. I have to remind myself to add 10 minutes between home and work, 20 minutes more between home and Bethany, which I can do in 15-20 minutes the offseason. And then I have to add in time to find a parking space. And then there are the holiday weekends and events. Even with a parking pass, it's a challenge. Disney parking seems to be less of a headache most of the time... But I wouldn't live anywhere else! :beach:

Where are you staying? I don't think we would ever do room service...not avail at the FQ as far as I know....we love getting the beignets with coffee in the morning. yumm!! We do have a few breakfasts planned though. 1 at Kona Cafe and one at Ohana's. Both new for us.

I hope you love Kona for breakfast as much as we do!:goodvibes Make sure to get some Lilikoi (sp?) juice it's THE BEST! We're always a little sad when we're at Kona for breakfast, though, because that means it's our last morning and we're headed home.....:sad1: we've never been to 'Ohana for breakfast, but I've heard nothing but good things about it.:)

We do the regular dining plan and we like the TS meals. We like to eat and sitting down to a nice Disney meal is a fun part of our vacation. We DO have a bit of a hard time using up the snack credits.... That was even worse when appetizers were included, though....

That's GREAT!:cool1:

Now my family is different...we look forward to ADR's, we already know we are eating at a place so no standng in line, we like knowing there is a break coming so we have time to regroup and rethink what we are doing next. We lie haveing a sit down dinner each night and disney dining is fabulous! Its not normal theme park food!:cloud9:

Same here. With so many of the touring plans and recommendations suggesting you take a break from the parks mid-afternoon, even during spring break last year with a 5-year-old I didn't find we needed a break, because we had sat down for an hour for lunch, in the AC, having a leisurely meal and planning our next stop. Breakfast got us off to a smooth start, and dinner let us wind down before we left the parks and went back for sleep. It was perfect for us!

As a foodie without much time to cook, I loved getting quality TS meals and some signature dining, and it was a huge benefit for DS, who got to expand his palate but still had pizza available for almost every meal. We definitely want to do DxDP again this time. We just need some FD help to make that possible.

I'm also in Delaware, we are at the beach and we have had 2 wicked storms this week. Monday a tornado touched down in the neighborhood next to us and then tore across the bay and into Dewey. It was crazy!

Wow! I missed that somehow... Cape Gazette has it as waterspout. That's so much less dangerous and more common here... But that it even did damage is unusual. They fall apart so quickly once they hit land. I still can't believe we had a tornado, a hurricane and an earthquake here last fall!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter