NOVEMBER 2012 Trip Planners Part 2~yes there IS another!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for correcting me, I hadn't heard that!

Actually that has not been accurate for a few years. To save money, they are no longer putting it up by the castle only to move it later. The just wait until after parade taping to put it up at all. So those going that weekend won't get to see it unlelss they somehow complete the taping to their satisfaction Saturday and put it up that night, which I wouldn't count on.

So I guess there isn't a show, showing WDW on Thanksgiving then?? I thought there was a parade from disney on Thanksgiving...I guess now its just on Christmas. Thanks for letting me know. We will miss that :( Oh well I guess we can't have everything.

:dance3: Just booked our package!!! It's finally *really* official!! :dance3:

November 26 - December 5
9 Nights/10 Days
2 Adults, 1 Disney Child, 1 FREE Child
Art of Animation Little Mermaid Room - room request for building 7, upper level, facing Hourglass Lake!
Base 10 Day Tickets
Deluxe Disney Dining Plan

:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

So I guess there isn't a show, showing WDW on Thanksgiving then?? I thought there was a parade from disney on Thanksgiving...I guess now its just on Christmas. Thanks for letting me know. We will miss that :( Oh well I guess we can't have everything.

No, they only have a televised parade for Christmas. I don't recall them ever having a Thanksgiving day parade, I thought that was just the Macy's parade?

Hey there- how did I NOT see you and that you are in PLANO too. I live in PLANO as well!!!! Where abouts are you located? I live sort of near the Park/Preston area- on the north side of Plano pkwy between Ohio and Preston. So glad that crazy hail missed us last night. DH works in near DFW and said he saw so many cars with their windows busted out last night!

I haven't booked yet as we really are holding out for AA and prefer to fly direct with a 4yo and my legally blind mom. Getting on and off would just be hard for her. Plus, we hate wasting all that time, but the deals with SW are good considering prices right now. I've been stalking AA- they were at $440 RT direct, but i just noticed this week it dropped just a little- like less than $40 but still that's something and a move in the right direction!

at least you get free luggage!!!! :goodvibes

We live at Preston & Legacy, so we are REALLY close !!! Yes, I have many friends at work that got hit hard. I work for an insurance company & we are in overdrive right now trying to take care of our insureds.

I agree about American Airlines, I LOVE the early non-stop flight & that is what we have flown EVERY year for the past 10 years, but this year, I am afraid if we wait for AA to finish their negotiations & with gas prices so high, I am afraid their prices may not go back down to "normal". My biggest concern was that the SW flighs would sell out & we would have to cancel our trip. All the other carriers, Delta, etc, are just as expensive as AA right now, double what you are used to paying. SW is the only one that is about what we pay on average for total roundtrip tickets for me & my son, which is approx $500 total for both of us. AA is running about $700-800 total roundtrip for both of us right now & that is just out of our budget.

We got a 30% off Wilderness Lodge & I LOVE the WL & it's location to the Magic Kingdom & the fact that it is such a smaller resort, less people & crowds & the buses are always great !!! So, we did not want to downgrade to a value or moderate, the LOCATION of the WL is a huge plus & we love that resort !! This will be our 3rd stay at WL !!

Yes, we will lose a full day on Nov 10th, since our flight does not arrive until approx 9pm, but maybe we can make it to the Magic Kingdom's extra magic evening hours since we now won't have to get up at 2:00 am to get ready for our 6:00 am American Airlines flight like in the past 10 years. I am trying to not let that part get to me.......... OH well, we can always go chill by the pool & just relax that evening we arrive if we have to!! At least we will be there !!!

Southwest has at least 1 direct (meaning 1 stop but NO plane change) flight to Orlando MCO, that may work for you & your family, not having to change planes, that is the one that me & my son chose for both flights.
Our total was $514 & we added the "Early Bird Check In" for an addl $40 for both flights so my son can be assured of a window seat for total $554, so that is much easier to swallow, just the one hiccup of arriving late on the first day, but at least we did not have to cancel the trip. :santa::santa::santa:

We live at Preston & Legacy, so we are REALLY close !!! Yes, I have many friends at work that got hit hard. I work for an insurance company & we are in overdrive right now trying to take care of our insureds.

I agree about American Airlines, I LOVE the early non-stop flight & that is what we have flown EVERY year for the past 10 years, but this year, I am afraid if we wait for AA to finish their negotiations & with gas prices so high, I am afraid their prices may not go back down to "normal". My biggest concern was that the SW flighs would sell out & we would have to cancel our trip. All the other carriers, Delta, etc, are just as expensive as AA right now, double what you are used to paying. SW is the only one that is about what we pay on average for total roundtrip tickets for me & my son, which is approx $500 total for both of us. AA is running about $700-800 total roundtrip for both of us right now & that is just out of our budget.

We got a 30% off Wilderness Lodge & I LOVE the WL & it's location to the Magic Kingdom & the fact that it is such a smaller resort, less people & crowds & the buses are always great !!! So, we did not want to downgrade to a value or moderate, the LOCATION of the WL is a huge plus & we love that resort !! This will be our 3rd stay at WL !!

Yes, we will lose a full day on Nov 10th, since our flight does not arrive until approx 9pm, but maybe we can make it to the Magic Kingdom's extra magic evening hours since we now won't have to get up at 2:00 am to get ready for our 6:00 am American Airlines flight like in the past 10 years. I am trying to not let that part get to me.......... OH well, we can always go chill by the pool & just relax that evening we arrive if we have to!! At least we will be there !!!

Southwest has at least 1 direct (meaning 1 stop but NO plane change) flight to Orlando MCO, that may work for you & your family, not having to change planes, that is the one that me & my son chose for both flights.
Our total was $514 & we added the "Early Bird Check In" for an addl $40 for both flights so my son can be assured of a window seat for total $554, so that is much easier to swallow, just the one hiccup of arriving late on the first day, but at least we did not have to cancel the trip. :santa::santa::santa:

To exwdwcm .....

I just read this on the DisBoards Transportation Blog area in regards to the SouthWest Fall sale that ends this evening.....

That means the flights are almost booked full thus they don't need to discount ! My Dec. 16th last flight of the day sold out in 8 hours !

Just wanted to let you know since AA rates are out the roof.

The CM was wrong, which is all too common ;) They just this week released the Dessert Party ADR's for August. They usually release them approximately 2 months out. Start checking at the beginning on Sept :thumbsup2

Thank you! I will pop that info in my planner. :)

Hey everyone! We recently booked a 1-bedroom at Bay Lake Tower for Nov 9th-Nov 13th and I'm super excited!! Ive been having a hard time booking the ADRs I want though :confused3.. hopefully something will open up soon.

We live at Preston & Legacy, so we are REALLY close !!! Yes, I have many friends at work that got hit hard. I work for an insurance company & we are in overdrive right now trying to take care of our insureds. :

I live in Plano also! Im by Jupiter & Spring Creek

Hi...My daughter and I are going to stay at POP November 1-10. Havent stayed there before and hope we like it. This is our first mother/daughter vacation. I live in WA and she lives in IN, so we dont get a lot of time together. I have taken the grandkids previously, and they are teens, so there shouldnt be tears! Well, not too many.
Can you please add me to the November roster? Thanks!
Also, please let me know what YOUR favorite reasons are for going in November...I think it is the best time to go. Cooler weather, lower crowds, the Food and Wine Fest, the first night of Mickey's Christmas Party...I am so glad to know I am not the only adult who dreams of Disney!!

A big welcome to all our newest friends!! I too am excited to be going in November and over the Thanksgiving holidays- my kids have never gone at this time and I am so excited for them. I have received such great information on this thread and I thank you all for that. Once the summer is over the time will literally fly by. Not really too much longer to watch.

A question....for those who have done the CLP what restaurants are involved with the dining package? Is it only certain ones or can we choose which one we want to go with? This will truly be a highlight for all of us. thanks

Here is the list of places to eat for the CLP
Biergarten – Germany
Chefs de France - France (Recommended)
Coral Reef- The Living Seas
Garden Grill - The Land (Recommended)
La Hacienda de San Angel - Mexico
Le Cellier Steakhouse - Canada (Recommended)
Nine Dragons Restaurant - China
Restaurant Marrakesh – Morocco
Rose and Crown - UK)
San Angel Inn – Mexico
Teppan Edo and Tokyo Dining - Japan (Recommended)
Tutto Italia - Italy
Via Napoli - Italy

Hey everyone! We recently booked a 1-bedroom at Bay Lake Tower for Nov 9th-Nov 13th and I'm super excited!! Ive been having a hard time booking the ADRs I want though :confused3.. hopefully something will open up soon.

I live in Plano also! Im by Jupiter & Spring Creek

Well, us Plano TX folks LOVE our Disneyworld vacations, don't we !!!
I am jealous, I LOVE the Bay Lake Towers !!! Just a bit too much out of my budget !!! I would need a 40-50% discount !!!:)

Try to book your ADR's between lunch & dinner, about 3:00 or 4:00. We always do this & NEVER have a problem getting an ADR. We typically have breakfast in our room (something small like Raisin Bran & Juice) & then a small snack in the parks around noon & then have a great meal halfway thru the day. We did Free Dining once & it was too much food for us, I hate to be that FULL when doing all that walking & by doing it this way, it helps our budget & allows us to get pretty much any ADR that we are interested in.
Also, even walks ins around this time 2-4:00 pm are pretty much easy to get depending on the amt of people in your party. Unless you are going at peak season, which you are not.

Off to work now.

:santa::santa::santa:

Here is the list of places to eat for the CLP
Biergarten – Germany
Chefs de France - France (Recommended)
Coral Reef- The Living Seas
Garden Grill - The Land (Recommended)
La Hacienda de San Angel - Mexico
Le Cellier Steakhouse - Canada (Recommended)
Nine Dragons Restaurant - China
Restaurant Marrakesh – Morocco
Rose and Crown - UK)
San Angel Inn – Mexico
Teppan Edo and Tokyo Dining - Japan (Recommended)
Tutto Italia - Italy
Via Napoli - Italy

Gee thanks alot! I was just wondering....Le Cellier is one of our favorites so I am happy to see that on the list. Is it a set price that includes the dinner? I am just trying to figure out how it works. Thanks

I know much of the talk these days is about CP and flights but I am pretty excited that I just booked WAT for us...Dec 1st @ 9:30.

Now I am reaaaaaaaaallllyyyyy hoping for FD, as I could get the spleen I had to give away to pay for WAT! :rotfl2:

HOPE EVERYONE IS HAVING A GREAT DAY!

I am getting so impatient waiting for a FD pin. I call everyday. I used to get pins all the time until I booked my trip. I booked back in February then switched my reservation to AoA in May. I am beginning to think I made a mistake by booking early. I have done all the tricks to get a pin. I am thinking about canceling my reservation to see what happens. What do ya'll think about that? Anybody had an luck with this or am I risking not getting the LM room by doing it this way.

This is my first post here... I'm still trying to soak up all of the Dis Knowledge!

My husband and I are taking our 3 princesses (ages 6, 3, & 1) on a SURPRISE trip to WDW from 11/5-11/10. We are staying at the AOA resort in a Finding Nemo room.

I made dinner ressies @ Coral Reef, Akershus, Crystal Palace & breakfast at Cinderella's Royal Table the day we leave. I am hope hope hoping to get into Be Our Guest, but we'll have to wait & see about that!

As of right now it doesn't look like we'll be able to take advantage of the free dining if I ever get send a PIN because of our check-in date (we are going during "Jersey Week" so I didn't expect much anyway).

We already purchased tickets to the MVMCP on 11/9 and we plan to hit the Food & Wine festival while we are there, too!

I am beyond excited for our first family vacation, and look forward to learning even more from all of you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter