NOVEMBER 2012 Trip Planners Part 2~yes there IS another!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My grandson saw the pictures and videos of the new Art of Animation resort..couldn't stop talking about it.. :love::love::love:

Goodbye POFQ...Hello Little Mermaid... :grouphug::banana::banana:

I must admit...kinda excited about it myself. :woohoo:

Yay!:yay: I hope you'll love it!

I spent the better part of the afternoon trying to figure out how I could fit everything in. I think I have it figured out. WITH keeping the Pre-RD CP and Ohanas for breakfast onour departure day...and F! package. The only thing I have to give up to keep F! is Chef Mickeys and put a pre RD H&V breakfast in its place. That will make the whole day DHS for us. Which is ok. PHEW now Im telling myself 'back away from the ADR"S!' Which I have to anyway becaus as I was switching things around and cancelling not needed ADR's I noticed alot of times not available and its gonna be harder to switch things after this....which is ok:) Now I can book the Dessert party on which ever night I can get it:)

Glad you got it figured out. Sometimes your ever-changing plans make my head spin as much as my own do!:lmao:

-----------------------

Question: if our only option for MVMCP is a Friday night, should we do it? Or wold it be to crazy? It would be November 16th.

Yay!:yay: I hope you'll love it!

Glad you got it figured out. Sometimes your ever-changing plans make my head spin as much as my own do!:lmao:

-----------------------

Question: if our only option for MVMCP is a Friday night, should we do it? Or wold it be to crazy? It would be November 16th.

I would do it. I did it Dec 2nd on a Frid-it was busy but not enough to where we couldnt do anything. You are going earlier in Nov. I would expect the locals to go closer to Christmas :goodvibes

I am stepping away from the ADR's because the more I try to fit in for everyone else, the more of the very few things I want to do get booted! All I have left for me is the Pre-RD TH, CP and then Ohana!

I saw them on Sunday in Atlanta. It was hands down the best concert ever. Still trying to recover from my lack of sleep. I know you will have a great time.
:banana::banana::banana:

Yay, hearing this makes me even more excited:cool1::cool1::cool1:

I just got off the phone with my grandma and now have a descision to make. They will stay at a hotel outside of Disney if we get the Wednesday night Dessert Party. It would fit better into our plans but if I do it on Monday, I have to worry about the 8 and 9 crowd levels, but I would get the pre RD Crystal Palace and Ohana breakfast. If we do Wednesday, would just keep what we have which meant MK on arrival day and MK on Departure day with CP as our last meal. I am not sure if walking up an empty Main st is worth crowd levels at a 9! :eek: any thoughts???

I spent the better part of the afternoon trying to figure out how I could fit everything in. I think I have it figured out. WITH keeping the Pre-RD CP and Ohanas for breakfast onour departure day...and F! package. The only thing I have to give up to keep F! is Chef Mickeys and put a pre RD H&V breakfast in its place. That will make the whole day DHS for us. Which is ok. PHEW now Im telling myself 'back away from the ADR"S!' Which I have to anyway becaus as I was switching things around and cancelling not needed ADR's I noticed alot of times not available and its gonna be harder to switch things after this....which is ok:) Now I can book the Dessert party on which ever night I can get it:)

I'm glad you figured it out because I was going to have to draw a diagram or something just in order to follow along and try to be able to offer some advice, lol. I'm sure all your ADR's are perfect and you will have a wonderful trip!

Yay, hearing this makes me even more excited:cool1::cool1::cool1:

I'm glad you figured it out because I was going to have to draw a diagram or something just in order to follow along and try to be able to offer some advice, lol. I'm sure all your ADR's are perfect and you will have a wonderful trip!

:eek: You really want to know how many diagrams I have drawn :lmao:

Joining November!! We moved our Feb '13 trip to Nov '12!! I have a link to my PTR in my siggy! Staying at AoA - LM room Nov 26 - Dec 5. Hoping to add FD (upgrade to DxDDP) when it comes out!

Oh - we are headed to MVMCP on Nov 27th so you can add us to the list! Do we have a list somewhere of everyone's PTRs if they have one?? If so, my link is in my siggy!

Oh - we are headed to MVMCP on Nov 27th so you can add us to the list! Do we have a list somewhere of everyone's PTRs if they have one?? If so, my link is in my siggy!

Ill add you in a few!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Look what I have been working on for DD:) Animal Kingdom flip flops! I still have to trim them...I love the Safari Minnie ribbon though:)

542077_3193188360051_2119605197_n.jpg

560576_3193183719935_1074533416_n.jpg

We are going Nov 23-30, staying at POR and I have a few questions.

First, we are considering the MVMCP. What do you think the least crowded night to visit would be Sunday 25th, or Tuesday 27th? Also, if you could let me know what kind of crowds to expect, good parade spots, and do you think it is worth the cost (there are 5 of us: myself, dh, ds 9, ds 7, and dd 5).

Thank you for any help, advice, tips, etc ...:yay:

I would definately choose the Tuesday MVMCP. The Sunday party will probably be pretty busy with Thanksgiving guests trying to catch the holiday party before they leave (seeing that it isn't offered through the week). Also the locals will be ready for the holiday season to be in full swing. We haven't been to the party ourselves but we are a family of 5 and we can't wait to experience Disney during the holidays.:santa:
As far as the split stay, I think I would stick with the FD at POR for the whole trip.:thumbsup2

I can now fly Delta out of Detroit for $292 roundtrip, direct flights. That's cheaper than Airtran out of Flint Bishop by about $30 a ticket. The bad thing is that it's about a 3 hour drive to Detroit from my house. However, SIL lives about 20 minutes from the Detroit Metro and we could drive down the night before and stay at her house. Sounds like a plan, right? We'd take the 8:35 am flight and be in Orlando before noon.

We are flying out of Detroit as well. We will head up the night before and stay at a hotel. We are doing the stay fly park deal. The one night will cost less than it would have to pay for parking our entire trip and it covers the parking for the entire trip. You never know what the weather will be like and this way we have peace of mind. We are 2 hrs away.

Booked our flights yesterday on SW. Waited 2 hours after first looking at them and it cost me an extra $100! :eek: Got 5 of us from Buffalo to Orlando at $1700. Thought that was a good deal. If we had flown out of Hamilton it would have cost us $2800 plus we would have lost 2 days of vacay b/c they only fly on Saturdays. :sad2:

The thing is the flight now leaves Buffalo at 7:55am on Friday. Being arguing with DH about getting a room the night before in Buffalo. It would be about $150 (including the shuttle to the airport and parking for the week). But we would know we'd not have to worry about the drive down that morning with weather and border crossing. He wants to leave our house at 4:30am and just head to the airport. Parking for the week will cost us $88 that way. To me its worth the extra.

Any thoughts?

I am with you on not having to get up early and drive. We will spend our morning going to have breakfast before we go catch our flights.

Wow you miss alot when you have to work. I was 14 pages behind.:scared1:

Good Morning Everyone, and another day closer to our long awaited Disney trip. I can feel the excitement growing not only for us but our whole group here as well. Everytime I talk to my daughter Sarah- my oldest she can't contain her excitement, yells & screams with delight- its so cute!! And as her mom she has inherited my disney "insane-ness, lol!!" I think we have decided to forgo the dessert party- we are surprising them with the MVMCP on the 9th- its first night and that is costing extra already. I think we will have plenty of great places to watch the fireworks!! Still looking to book our airfare- we are square inbetween BWI and PHL so we could really go either way, but both are posting rather high still. I would like to get through the summer or at least near the end- perhaps they will drop a little. We do have some time yet. I think we have pretty much firmed things up-- the only down thing is that Typhoon Lagoon will be closed during our visit and that's our favorite water park, so we'll be heading over to BLizzard Beach- our youngest has never been there so we should still have a great time. Really enjoying this thread alot and thanks for all the great advice here. Its been a few years since our last trip and you all have been so helpful!! :yay::yay:

Please excuse my ignorance, but when can we make ressies for the MK dessert party? I skipped over all of those posts since we weren't doing it. But now that hubby and I will have a night to ourselves :yay:, we'd like to try to fit in in on our night in MK without the kiddies. :banana: (Did I mention how much I :love: my in-laws?)

Please excuse my ignorance, but when can we make ressies for the MK dessert party? I skipped over all of those posts since we weren't doing it. But now that hubby and I will have a night to ourselves :yay:, we'd like to try to fit in in on our night in MK without the kiddies. :banana: (Did I mention how much I :love: my in-laws?)

Not yet...it starts booking at 60 days out

We have several airports within driving distance and I'm watching fares from them all. Generally we've found the best prices 6 weeks - 4 months ahead of time, we are about 5.5 months now, so I'm wondering if prices will drop. It is the week after T-giving, so rates might not go down a ton.....

Charlotte - Orlando $224
Columbia - Orlando $319
Greenville - Orlando $265
Florence - Orlando $417

Obviously unless something killer rare pops up, flying out of Charlotte will be the cheapest (and closest!). I'm not satisfied with $224 though.... Both times we've gone CLT-MCO, we've paid $150 and $130. Really hoping to score that again! Plus it will be $20-$30 per bag per person too.

It's about a 9 hour drive and we can drive for about $250 which would be much cheaper.... I really don't want to drive though! The kids were awesome on the drive down, but horrible on the way home... Levi screamed and fussed about 3/4 of the way home! Don't want to repeat that....

Hello everyone:wave2: I already have given our hotel info and dates of travel, but they have changed. Our whole group of 11 people will now all be staing at AOA instead of part in AOA and part in POP! One of the members of our party received a FD pin and shared it with us. We still have one room needing it, so hopefully a public FD promotion will come out before we get there. So we are booked November 9-17 at AOA.:cheer2:

Hello everyone:wave2: I already have given our hotel info and dates of travel, but they have changed. Our whole group of 11 people will now all be staing at AOA instead of part in AOA and part in POP! One of the members of our party received a FD pin and shared it with us. We still have one room needing it, so hopefully a public FD promotion will come out before we get there. So we are booked November 9-17 at AOA.:cheer2:

We will be there Nov 8-17th with FD! (We have room-only on the 8th; FD begins on the 9th.) Can't wait!!

OK, we have been going back and forth on doing the dessert party

Our game plan is to be at MK on Friday the 9th for the MVMCP and then come back later in the day on Saturday the 10th to spend the afternoon/evening there, as we want to see the Main Street Electrical Parade, which is scheduled at 9 PM. If we do the MSEP at 9, is it advisable/feasible to do the Wishes Dessert Party (if offered) as Wishes would be 10PM

I have to focus on planning my kids' June b-day parties. I'll do more Disney planning in July. I guess I'll be planning our park itineraries next. I'm more excited about Disney than Pre-K graduation and birthday parties! :earsboy: Is that wrong?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter