NOVEMBER 2012 Trip Planners Part 2~yes there IS another!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harmony Barbershop used to have a haircut with some pixie dust &/or temporary color for much, much less that BBB.

Watch Wishes from the Contemporary balcony (4th floor) or Poly beach. Music piped in both places.

Ride every type of transportation available!! - monorail, bus, boat, train, Dumbo (ok, using my imagination!)...

CRT meal

Pirate & Pal Fireworks cruise

Pressed Pennies - $.50 + penny - probably cheapest souvenir in WDW!

Somewhere on the dis I saw a scavenger hunt...there is also a scavenger hunt book - The Disney World Queue Line Scavenger Hunt: The Game You Play While Waiting In Line......$10 on amazon, got it & looks fun, I think you get it on a Kindle for about $3

Mickey leaves DS small gifts each day. Usually things from the $Store or clearance. Usually has something to do with our plan for the day...he'll get the scavenger hunt book the first day, new Disney PJs, birthday t-shirt, puzzles, glow sticks/bracelets, etc...

Passport in Epcot - get it signed by CMs from the various countries.

You are GOOD!!!

since we decided to stay at POFQ instead of WL, we are going to upgrade to the deluxe dining plan.. my littles ones will only be 5 and 3..but they can eat :rotfl2:
i think i pretty much have figured out park days and places to eat... but im struggling with deciding roundabout times for ADRs... my family are all early risers and typically like to eat breakfast not too long after eating.. what are the earliest times you can make breakfast ADRs?:confused3 any time suggestions for breakfast and dinner?

so far our plans are like this:
11th
B- will eat before we arrive in florida
l-CS- toy story pizza planet
d- Chef mickey
want to see MK fireworks

12th
b- CRT
L-CS
D- Crystal palace
going to MVMCP

13th
b-Akershus
l-cS
d- coral reef
want to do illuminations at 9

14th
b-tusker house
l-cs
D- BOG ( if open) or 1900 park fare
want to see electrical parade at 7

15th
B- Ohana
L-cs
d-T-rex

So am I the only crazy one not doing a party?

We're not doing a party, either. We're not big parade people, so it just seems like it would be an expensive version of the Extra Magic Hours for us.

I'm sure it would be fun, but we'll save the money and watch it snow on the Streets of America instead!

Cheap is good! ;)

I was thinking about maybe Behind the Seeds tour, too? Its cheap!

I've always wanted to do one of the tours! We are going to try the Wild Africa Trek this time...not so sure that qualifies as a behind the scenes tour, but it should be fun! Some day, I want to do the Segway tour & train tour!

The link below is to a thread where I posted some of the things we did a few years ago for DS's 5th birthday in WDW. Going on 4 years, so some of the WDW things may have changed, but not the things you can do yourself. There are also some great ideas from others on the same thread.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=30430586#post30430586

since we decided to stay at POFQ instead of WL, we are going to upgrade to the deluxe dining plan.. my littles ones will only be 5 and 3..but they can eat :rotfl2:
i think i pretty much have figured out park days and places to eat... but im struggling with deciding roundabout times for ADRs... my family are all early risers and typically like to eat breakfast not too long after eating.. what are the earliest times you can make breakfast ADRs?:confused3 any time suggestions for breakfast and dinner?

11th
d- Chef mickey I would make ADR before Wishes starts at 8:00 so you can make it to the 4th floor observation deck to view them. So maybe 6:30
want to see MK fireworks

12th
b- CRT Since your chidren are early risers you can try for an early ADR before the park opens so you can get some good photos of the castle. Maybe 8:10
L-CS
D- Crystal palace You probably want to try for an ADR before the party starts so your not waisting party time eating. Maybe 5:30
going to MVMCP

13th
b- Akershus Same as breakfast above
l-cS
d- coral reef You want to try for an ADR around 7:00-7:30 so you are finished in time for Illuminations.

14th
b-tusker house This is an EMH day for AK so I would suggest just grabbing a snack at the foodcourt and waiting for a breakfast ADR until around 10:00 or so, so you can take advantage of the EMHs
l-cs
D- BOG ( if open) or 1900 park fare I would book the 1900 ADR but give yourself enough time to travel to the MK for the MSEP, maybe 5:00. Since this is only offered twice that week it will probably VERY busy. And if the BOG does end up becoming available and you want to change be sure to do so atleast a day in advance to avoid the $10 fee.

15th
B- Ohana Doesn't look like you are visiting a park this day so ADRs are pretty flexible
L-cs
d-T-rex

Have FUN planning!!! :banana::banana::banana:

We will be there the 3rd-11th so the only option would be MVMCP on Friday Nov. 9th. That would be the first party and a Friday night of a holiday weekend. I just think it will be crazy crowded and I don't want to pay extra to deal with those crowds. I saw pics from last year's sold out parties and got a bit scared.

we don't do a party every year,...depends on what all we do that week---but if that was my choice days for a party I would most definitely skip it!!
So... What would be a fun/special thing to do with my daughter on our trip? We are not doing a party or BBB. Any ideas??

Cheap is good! ;)

I was thinking about maybe Behind the Seeds tour, too? Its cheap!

We did the BtheStour in Nov of 2010,...it was fabulous! My kids said it's one of the best things they have ever done -anywhere!!!!

Mostly, thankfully! They are all within an hour of where I want them (only really mind that I missed out on the elusive 8:05 CP, but that might have more to do with only being a party of 2 than when I called). Now I know for next time if I'm staying DVC to call instead. Still frustrated, but alls well that ends well... almost off work, cancelled my lesson for the day and I will SLEEP.

This seems to be a glitch in the system with the DVC reservation numbers. Go over to the DVC board and you will see that there are many that have the same problem.

Just made my ADR's...well, the ones I have planned for now. Got all of them no problem, and it was my frist time using the online system :thumbsup2. Here they are, if you're interested:

Oct 30 - Whispering Canyon Cafe at 6:10 pm
Oct 31 - Tusker House Restaurant at 8:05 am
Nov 2 - Saana at 6:40 pm
Nov 3 - Teppan Edo at 7:30 pm
Nov 7 - Kona Cafe at 7:45 am

If FD comes out for our vacation, then I'll add more, but for now that's it...it's all OOP this time.

Also, I didn't see myself on the list of MVMCP for Nov 9 when I looked last night...not sure if you've updated the list yet, but could I be added to it? If I'm there then just disregard this :rolleyes1

We will be there the 3rd-11th so the only option would be MVMCP on Friday Nov. 9th. That would be the first party and a Friday night of a holiday weekend. I just think it will be crazy crowded and I don't want to pay extra to deal with those crowds. I saw pics from last year's sold out parties and got a bit scared.

You aren't the only crazy one!! We aren't doing any parties either... It looks like fun, but we decided to use the money elsewhere and that works out fine for our family... Plus the crowds don't look to be much fun...

I talked to DH and we decided to just go ahead and order tickets for the 15th! they are officially on their was, and we can make ADRs in 2 and a half weeks.trip is coming together!

:thumbsup2 I will add you!

Can I have some opinions? We're going Nov 10th thru the 18th and want to go to MVMCP. So, our options would be Monday the 12th(Veteran's Day), Thurs the 15th or Friday the 16th. We were thinking about the 15th, but I wonder what the 12th would be like? Thoughts?? :confused: :confused3

I would def do the Thursday but to tell you the truth, would the Veterans day party be that bad-locals would have to go to work the next day..IDK-I would do thurs just in case :goodvibes

DBF and I got our MVMCP tickets too!! We're going Nov 27th :cool1:

Is it November yet???

:thumbsup2 I will add you!

Been spending all this time wishing for FD, and now I realize that if I get a 30% off code for WL, it would actually be about $300 less. Now I'm not sure what I want. :(:(

In the meantime, I am planning park days and ADR's and waiting on the in laws to decide if they like my suggestions or if they want to change them to something else. Will book over the weekend and prepare to make ADR's on the 15th!!!!:cool1::cool1:

:thumbsup2 That is my birthday(the 15th) I will be 30:scared1: BUT it should be a good ADR day ::yes:: I cant wait to hear where you book!

So... What would be a fun/special thing to do with my daughter on our trip? We are not doing a party or BBB. Any ideas??

Pirate and Pals cruise, The secret agent thing at epcot, maybe pirate league...

11th
d- Chef mickey
want to see MK fireworks

12th
b- CRTMaybe 805 adr here
L-CS
D- Crystal palace
going to MVMCP

13th
b-AkershusTheir earliest I believe is 830
l-cS
d- coral reef

14th
b-tusker houseWe always eat a granola bar or a snack in the morning, ride the safari ride and plan breakfast like 10ish or 9am if there is emh that day(open at 8am)
l-cs
D- BOG ( if open) or 1900 park fare

15th
B- Ohana
L-cs
d-T-rex

Looks like a lot of good choices too! Do you always do Chef Mickey your arrival night? We wanna try CM breakfast this trip, but our tradition is CM dinner our first night. It puts us in the mood for a great vaca! Just wondering now if I should change my ADR's around :confused3

I've always wanted to do one of the tours! We are going to try the Wild Africa Trek this time...not so sure that qualifies as a behind the scenes tour, but it should be fun! Some day, I want to do the Segway tour & train tour!

The link below is to a thread where I posted some of the things we did a few years ago for DS's 5th birthday in WDW. Going on 4 years, so some of the WDW things may have changed, but not the things you can do yourself. There are also some great ideas from others on the same thread.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=30430586#post30430586

You will have to give us a report on the Wild Afrika Trek! I have wanted to do that one but with a family of 5 its pricey :worried:

Just made my ADR's...well, the ones I have planned for now. Got all of them no problem, and it was my frist time using the online system :thumbsup2. Here they are, if you're interested:

Oct 30 - Whispering Canyon Cafe at 6:10 pm
Oct 31 - Tusker House Restaurant at 8:05 am
Nov 2 - Saana at 6:40 pm
Nov 3 - Teppan Edo at 7:30 pm
Nov 7 - Kona Cafe at 7:45 am

If FD comes out for our vacation, then I'll add more, but for now that's it...it's all OOP this time.

Also, I didn't see myself on the list of MVMCP for Nov 9 when I looked last night...not sure if you've updated the list yet, but could I be added to it? If I'm there then just disregard this :rolleyes1

I will add you! Your adr's look great!

I am not a big poster but have been lurking for a bit. Will be heading to Disney 11/25 - 12/1...just wondering what others plan's look like that week..especially with the Parade taping at the end of the week. I am thinking the following: Also I hate putting HS in the end of the week, but we have to do MK on Wed, and don't want to do EP on Friday as it is not recomended...AK...:confused3 Any help is appreciated:)

Sun - 11/25 - MK
House of Blues Brunch

Mon - 11/26 - Epcot
Chef Mickey Dinner - Watch Wishes

Tues - 11/27 - Animal Kingdom
Tusker House - Breakfast

Wed - 11/28 - MK
Eventhough it will be busy Electic parade is a must
BBB
CRT - Probably around 4:30

Thursday 11/29- Epcot

Friday 11/30 - HS
Pizza planet

Saturday 12/1 - Fly home - MK in AM
o'Hana - Breakfast

Saturday

I Just glanced over this thread, but wanted to say HI! We will be arriving Nov. 9th. Can we please be added. We haven't decided for sure if we will do the MVMCP or not. We will be staying at SSR, at least that is where the ressies are now. Well, back to catching up on this thread...

Good morning ya'll. :goodvibes

Anyone have an idea of when info on the Candlelight Processional will be released?

Anyone have an idea of when info on the Candlelight Processional will be released?

So far, nothing on the WDW site. I'm anxiously awaiting info too! Would really love to catch Neil Patrick Harris as narrator. But will gladly attend no matter who the narrator is! :goodvibes

I Just glanced over this thread, but wanted to say HI! We will be arriving Nov. 9th. Can we please be added. We haven't decided for sure if we will do the MVMCP or not. We will be staying at SSR, at least that is where the ressies are now. Well, back to catching up on this thread...

I am not a big poster but have been lurking for a bit. Will be heading to Disney 11/25 - 12/1...just wondering what others plan's look like that week..especially with the Parade taping at the end of the week. I am thinking the following: Also I hate putting HS in the end of the week, but we have to do MK on Wed, and don't want to do EP on Friday as it is not recomended...AK...:confused3 Any help is appreciated:)

Sun - 11/25 - MK
House of Blues Brunch

Mon - 11/26 - Epcot
Chef Mickey Dinner - Watch Wishes

Tues - 11/27 - Animal Kingdom
Tusker House - Breakfast

Wed - 11/28 - MK
Eventhough it will be busy Electic parade is a must
BBB
CRT - Probably around 4:30

Thursday 11/29- Epcot

Friday 11/30 - HS
Pizza planet

Saturday 12/1 - Fly home - MK in AM
o'Hana - Breakfast

Saturday

Looks good! I forgot about the Parade taping being on the thurs and fir. I plan to go to MK on that Fri. It will be our second FULL day there so I am not sure if I should switch things around or not. My schedule looks like this

Sun 25-no park
Mon 26-DHS
Tues 27-MK#1/MVMCP
Wed 28-AK
Thurs 29-waterpark/Epcot #1
Fri 30-MK#2
Sat 1- Epcot #2
Sun 2-Park? home

:confused3 I am confused! I thought it looked good BUT will it be crowded for the taping?

Candlelight Processional? WTHeck? Where have I been?:confused3 Every time I read your posts Smileybug, I get more and more ideas!:rotfl2:

So far, nothing on the WDW site. I'm anxiously awaiting info too! Would really love to catch Neil Patrick Harris as narrator. But will gladly attend no matter who the narrator is! :goodvibes

Ok I have a question.....I read its 2 table service credits..... any other money that has to be paid? I am just wondering because this looks so neat! I might have to schedule this!:santa:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter