NOVEMBER 2012 Trip Planners Part 2~yes there IS another!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I join this thread too?? My BFF and I are arriving on Nov 27 - Dec 4. I won 2 airline tickets at the company Christmas party, and DH doesn't want to go, so grabbing a good friend and on my way!! Staying at Poly and can't wait!!:banana:

Thank you!!!

I have been lurking for a few weeks now, but am getting ready to make our reservation soon:cool1: Planning on going 11/25 - 12/01, and hoping for free dining. Here is my initial plan is to stay at AOA - LM (if free dining is offered), if AOA is not part of FD, will go to CBR (pirate room) (if free dining), if no free dining going to do POP. If no free dining I will NOT do Disney dining

My question is where should I make my reservation? Also if I make ADR and I do not have Dinning on my reservation and free dining comes out will I need to rebook my Dining? A friend rebooked when free dining came out in January and had to rebook there dining....if that makes sence.

It will be myself, Husband, DD(6) and DD(2)...will turn 3 right after we get back...

Any advice would be helpful.

Marlene

pirate:

I have been lurking for a few weeks now, but am getting ready to make our reservation soon:cool1: Planning on going 11/25 - 12/01, and hoping for free dining. Here is my initial plan is to stay at AOA - LM (if free dining is offered), if AOA is not part of FD, will go to CBR (pirate room) (if free dining), if no free dining going to do POP. If no free dining I will NOT do Disney dining

My question is where should I make my reservation? Also if I make ADR and I do not have Dinning on my reservation and free dining comes out will I need to rebook my Dining? A friend rebooked when free dining came out in January and had to rebook there dining....if that makes sence.

It will be myself, Husband, DD(6) and DD(2)...will turn 3 right after we get back...

Marlene

pirate:

Welcome to the thread. This place is full of information. :goodvibes

I can't help with the where to stay. But I have never had to rebook reservations after getting free dining. And we are all hoping that it will be offered. :thumbsup2

Marlene

pirate:

IDK thats a hard one. If you have a ressie somewhere and have dining on it, you would need to change room/dining anyway. Maybe book at POP and then switch accordingly?

Please add us to the list. We just got back from WDW in March and started planning another trip immediately (I confess, I have a WDW addiction). We arrive on Nov 14th and leave on the 20th. We are staying at the Boardwalk Villas in 2br. It will be myself, dd(12), dd(15), best friend, her ds (8) he will turn 9 on the 16th, and her ds (10). We are planning on celebrating friend's ds's birthday at the MVMCP on the 16th. Can't wait to make our ADRs.

Please add us to the list. We just got back from WDW in March and started planning another trip immediately (I confess, I have a WDW addiction). We arrive on Nov 14th and leave on the 20th. We are staying at the Boardwalk Villas in 2br. It will be myself, dd(12), dd(15), best friend, her ds (8) he will turn 9 on the 16th, and her ds (10). We are planning on celebrating friend's ds's birthday at the MVMCP on the 16th. Can't wait to make our ADRs.

Well you are in the right place fellow Disney-aholic :rotfl2: :cloud9: I will add you to the list

Tips on things to pack:
~Pop-up hamper - I always take one vacation! Great for gathering the dirty clothes at the end of the day.

~Over the door shoe hanger - holds all kinds of junk - sunscreen, pens, toys, hair brush, etc...pretty much everything but shoes!

~Closet sweater hanging thingamagig - makes shelves - do you know what I mean??? Anyway, never enough drawer space & this helps.

~Pop up little box - folds flat - use it for all the junk accumulated in pockets during the day - pressed pennies, change, receipts, park maps, show schedules, etc...

Oh great idea on the hanging closet sweater thingamagig. I hadn't thought about that before!!!

We are planning to arrive on November 25th and stay at CBR.

The Disney site is down. :sad2: How is a girl supposed to figure things out? :laughing:

Can someone please check my "Disney Math"?

I had this big idea of saving money and going to the All stars, IF we get Free Dining paying for the upgrade to Regular Dining plan...looking at it...its not a HUGE savings:

Moderate Sat-Thurs, free dining

$967--room (no discount)
$969.15--3 day tickets for our family
$ 0--free dining

$1936.15 total

Value Sat. - Thursday, free dining

$554 room (no discount)
$969.15 3 day tickets
$263.40 upgrade to regular dining plan

$1786.46 total

Not a huge savings??

ALSO...when they give room only discounts, what % off is the mod's? Values?

thanks!!

I had this big idea of saving money and going to the All stars, IF we get Free Dining paying for the upgrade to Regular Dining plan...looking at it...its not a HUGE savings:

$967--room (no discount)
$ 0--free dining

$1936.15 total

$554 room (no discount)
$969.15 3 day tickets

$1786.46 total

Not a huge savings??

thanks!!

If you get a pin sent to you it varies 30%-10% but if they come out with a general public discount it is usually between 10% for values / 20% for moderates. BUT it changes so there is really no way of knowing what Disney is going to offer. Your savings from the example above is $150 that you could be spending on other things :cool1: thats how I look at it. Good luck with your planning either way you will be at D I S N E Y!!!

Here is a link for what that have offered in the past as far as discounts: http://www.mousesavers.com/historicalwdwdiscounts.htmls discounts:

$967--room (no discount)
$ 0--free dining

$1936.15 total

$554 room (no discount)
$969.15 3 day tickets

$1786.46 total

Not a huge savings??

thanks!!

I realized the same thing during my planning as well. Originally I was planning on a Value with paying for the upgraded dining. When I realized that the difference would be less than $200 to upgrade to a Moderate, I got excited. If it was just me and my 2 girls going, I would save that $200. But my mom is coming and she will enjoy the Queen sized beds in POFQ and the smaller resort feel with less walking. So, she is going to pay the difference. :woohoo:

Of course, this is all dependent upon Free Dining and it being applicable to POFQ!!!

Okay,

Is anyone else just getting really jealous seeing all of those September Free dining people? UGH :rotfl2:

I keep reading that dang AOA free dining thread and it's driving me nuts!!! I'd really like to book my trip right NOW, but it's all coming down to this...

If AOA is offered with Free dining or no dining at all

If there is Free dining but AOA is not included, we'll go CBR. Come on Disney, make this easy on me and announce a deal soon (or give me a PIN!!!) For those who didn't read the other thread, I called about a PIn on my name. Girl said I had one for 30% off room. We went through a bunch of options. I had to call the in laws and wife to see where they wanted to go, so I told the girl I'd call back the next day. Called back, my pin was gone!!! They had all the numbers from our last conversation but wouldn't honor it.:confused:

Okay,

Is anyone else just getting really jealous seeing all of those September Free dining people? UGH :rotfl2:

I keep reading that dang AOA free dining thread and it's driving me nuts!!! I'd really like to book my trip right NOW, but it's all coming down to this...

If AOA is offered with Free dining or no dining at all

If there is Free dining but AOA is not included, we'll go CBR. Come on Disney, make this easy on me and announce a deal soon (or give me a PIN!!!) For those who didn't read the other thread, I called about a PIn on my name. Girl said I had one for 30% off room. We went through a bunch of options. I had to call the in laws and wife to see where they wanted to go, so I told the girl I'd call back the next day. Called back, my pin was gone!!! They had all the numbers from our last conversation but wouldn't honor it.:confused:

I know its hard.....but in the past, discounts for us weren't released until august or so. :rolleyes:

I realized the same thing during my planning as well. Originally I was planning on a Value with paying for the upgraded dining. When I realized that the difference would be less than $200 to upgrade to a Moderate, I got excited. If it was just me and my 2 girls going, I would save that $200. But my mom is coming and she will enjoy the Queen sized beds in POFQ and the smaller resort feel with less walking. So, she is going to pay the difference. :woohoo:

Of course, this is all dependent upon Free Dining and it being applicable to POFQ!!!

I'm the same way! Waiting, waiting, waiting on if free dining will be offered. I did decide to go ahead and make ADR's like I have it, just canceling them if it isn't released.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter