• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

NOVEMBER 2012 Trip Planners Part 2~yes there IS another!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning everyone!!! I am able to make my ADRs on Monday!!!! So excited!!!! Need to finalize everything this week. :goodvibes

Hope everyone has a great day!!!

Hey All,
Finally got off the sidelines and booked 10/29-11/3
I've been following this thread so I thought I'd join in.

:cool1: Ill add you! :welcome:

Thank you all so much for you thoughts and kind words. After a lot of thought, I decided to cancel the trip. While not the happiest decision, it was the right one for us. I am so very thankful that I haven't told the kids. I called DMIL, who is coming with us, to let her know we were going to cancel the trip. She begged me not to cancel and offered to pay for the entire trip. She said she didn't want to miss out on the trip, and if the only reason we were cancelling was because of money, she would take care of it. She's WAY beyond retirement age, but continues to work because she loves it, and said she has nothing better to spend her money on than her grandchildren. (Our 2 are her only 2.) She's such an incredible MIL, and I love her dearly. I'm just not sure I want to let her pay for the whole trip, but she made me promise not to cancel the trip right now. So as of now, I'm not cancelling the trip; however, I am going to see about changing to a value resort, switching from deluxe to regular dining plan or maybe even pay OOP for meals with breakfast in our rooms, and I'll definitely be watching for free dining!! I'm going to go ahead and make all of my planned ADRs next week, so that I'll have them, and I can cancel any I don't need later.

Thanks again to everyone for being so supportive. :grouphug:

Of course, I hadn't even told DH I was thinking about cancelling so I had to catch him up on everything. He just says, "Whatever you want, honey." I :love: him!

Thats nice that she wants to pay for it. SHe just wants her grandchildren to have some fun ;)

We're going 11/25-11/28 (hopefully adding a couple of days later) and staying at Wilderness Lodge.

:welcome:

Hi :)! I will be at WDW for one week arriving on Nov. 12th -19th :yay::yay::yay:!! Please, can you add me to the list! I have had a very hectic time of it lately but I'm now ready to plan away!
I will be first time solo and making new memories for myself after a breakup and I'm hyped!! It will be 3 years since I've been and I can't even believe it but life got in the way, although I'm super excited because of all the new changes both to the parks and even the Pop, with AOA now across the lake :thumbsup2. I can't wait to check everything out but I'm going to need your advice here and there :goodvibes. Hopefully I can add something to this thread too.
Thank you!

:welcome: I will add you!

I'm so jealous of everyone making their ADR's!;) I have to wait until May 26th to do mine and I feel like I have nothing left to do right now except wait. *sigh*

The part that I didn't quite expect while planning is how excited my 17yo DD is about the trip! We went when she was 6yo and her brother has never been, but she's hyped up like mad! Who knew? She's already said that she wants Disney shirts and an autograph book.:love: DS on the other hand is all 'I'll be excited when it gets closer.'lol

I have to wait to after Memorial day:( Oh well. I am glad your DD is excited. :hyper:

Subbing. Just booked 7 nights at the Poly in November and made our ADRs yesterday. Hoping these 179 days fly by!

Me too! :welcome:

Good Morning everyone! I got my Christmas Party :santa:tickets in the mail yesterday!!!! I make ADRs in 2 days!!!!:bitelip::surfweb::woohoo:

::yes:: :hyper:

Good Morning everyone!!! I am able to make my ADRs on Monday!!!! So excited!!!! Need to finalize everything this week.

Hope everyone has a great day!!!

Good morning! :hyper:

I'm so jealous of everyone making their ADR's!;) I have to wait until May 26th to do mine and I feel like I have nothing left to do right now except wait. *sigh*

The part that I didn't quite expect while planning is how excited my 17yo DD is about the trip! We went when she was 6yo and her brother has never been, but she's hyped up like mad! Who knew? She's already said that she wants Disney shirts and an autograph book.:love: DS on the other hand is all 'I'll be excited when it gets closer.'lol

I have to wait till the 26th as well....You must be checking in on Nov 22nd....

Slight change in plans. I had booked us in for our whole trip at POR originally. Nov. 9 - 18 with a AB room with trundle bed. Since we'll have 3 adults and 2 kids I've been questioning the size of the room and worrying about it since I booked. I've been debating about changing to AoA instead but didn't want to lose the extras with the POR (boat to DTD and bigger swimming pool with slide and hot tubs). Finally occurred to me to do a split stay. So we're at POR for 3 nights Nov. 9-12 and then move to AoA for 6 nights Nov. 12-18. Cost a little more but so worth it for the best of both experiences.

So that's Nov. 9-12 POR & Nov. 12-18 AoA

Only thing is they had to split our dining plan and tickets. Little worried about that's going to work. Will the first dining plan expire on Monday night? How many credits would we have to use before that? We're doing the QS so no ADR's for us.

Also I've been told the bell hop service will pick up our luggage from our room and deliver it to our new hotel that day. We're taking that day as an off-site day and renting a car to go shopping and visit family. That way our room should be ready when we get back. But since it's Veteran's Day will the shopping malls be closed? Will it effect the Car Care Center?

Sorry so many ?s I'm just trying to get this (turning out to be very complicated) vacation straight.

I need ideas. We are going to the world on Monday November 12. We will arrive around 1:00 pm. We are planning on going to DTD then over to the Poly to watch the fireworks from the beach. It is a party night at MK. I am trying to decide what to do for dinner. Just 2 adults. We both love characters and I am very picky. Buffets are always a good option because I can eat off the kids menu. Any ideas for us. :confused3

Thanks in advance guys. Can't believe I make my ADR's in one week. :yay:

Also I've been told the bell hop service will pick up our luggage from our room and deliver it to our new hotel that day. We're taking that day as an off-site day and renting a car to go shopping and visit family. That way our room should be ready when we get back. But since it's Veteran's Day will the shopping malls be closed? Will it effect the Car Care Center?

From a retail standpoint, all the stores and malls were open around here on Veteran's day (both I and my wife had to work) so I do not see why the ones in FL would be any different

What a nice home you all have here :)

Forgive me upfront :goodvibes I've only skimmed a few pages on my lunch break but I knew this was the place to ask. I can't remember what the free dining dates were for last year - or can't put my finger on it yet. I'm sure one of you lovely November tripper's has that info? My DH just mentioned today he might like to consider going and my DS does have a day here and there off from school. I actually did my first girls only trip last year, the week before Thanksgiving and we did get free dining but I remember the check in or check out date being really close. It would appear looking at the school calendar we would be looking between 11/1 and 11/13 and likely staying 5 nights.

I sincerely appreciate it! ;)

Thanks,
Heather

Hi Heather :),
Start here..

http://www.mousesavers.com/historicalwdwdiscounts.html

I was going to keep checking but really there is so much all around good info there regarding past discounts! I'm hoping for free dining too, and had it last year for just after thanksgiving but I had to rebook that trip to the dates I have now, without a discount so far :headache:. But I'm hopeful!!

Good luck!

I don't think I asked this in my first post on this thread...so can we please be added to the list?:)

We check in to AoA on November 2nd and will be staying till Nov 7th.

Thanks!

Okay just joined up and I already have a question for you all! I've been sitting here on and off all day trying to figure out a schedule. Before I always had TGM but this time I thought I'd be able to figure it out myself! I thought I did too, but I've checked the WDWEasy site and nope, I've got it all wrong :confused3! I checked park hours first and thought of EMH hours and when to do them and when to avoid those parks but, yeah.

So my question to you is how did you choose to visit which parks when? Also if anyone uses easyWDW I can't find any explanations for why he chooses the parks he does. Am I just blind?! TGM would always tell you the logic behind it.

Thank you in advance for any advice :goodvibes!!

Hi Heather :),
Start here..

http://www.mousesavers.com/historicalwdwdiscounts.html

I was going to keep checking but really there is so much all around good info there regarding past discounts! I'm hoping for free dining too, and had it last year for just after thanksgiving but I had to rebook that trip to the dates I have now, without a discount so far :headache:. But I'm hopeful!!

Good luck!

Thank you! I had forgotten about mousesavers! I see pretty generic dates, however for the fall free dining. Unless I'm not seeing it clearly, it shows variations of this date range: 10/1/11-12/15/11. I decided to google it and got more clarifying dates - which is exactly what I remembered happening for my last trip.

The dates I found were for the fall 2011: Oct 1-6, Oct 22-Nov 3, Nov 12-17, Nov 26-Dec 1, and Dec 10-15.

We checked in on Nov 12th last year which was perfect (I knew it was close) so based on those historical dates and my timeframe for 2012 being Nov 1-12, we'd need to stick with the first part of the month and Nov 1-6 to be closer to free dining dates. Hmm...so much to consider :)

Thanks again! ;)
Heather

i was reading about the pirates and pal fireworks cruise, but I didn't see anything about if there is a minimum age?
My DD will be 3.5 when we go ( although she is 2 now and almost the size of a 4 year old so i could pass her off for older if needed..lol)

So my question to you is how did you choose to visit which parks when? Also if anyone uses easyWDW I can't find any explanations for why he chooses the parks he does. Am I just blind?! TGM would always tell you the logic behind it.

Josh (easywdw) does have a daily analysis for each calendar day on his site. When you visit his site there should be a list to your right. Under the CATEGORIES list there should be a link to the Nov 2012 calendar. If you scroll halfway down the first page you will be given the calendar explanation and then the actual calendar. Just after that there should be a daily analysis for each day, you will have to click the link at the bottom to move past the first day.

Slight change in plans. I had booked us in for our whole trip at POR originally. Nov. 9 - 18 with a AB room with trundle bed. Since we'll have 3 adults and 2 kids I've been questioning the size of the room and worrying about it since I booked. I've been debating about changing to AoA instead but didn't want to lose the extras with the POR (boat to DTD and bigger swimming pool with slide and hot tubs). Finally occurred to me to do a split stay. So we're at POR for 3 nights Nov. 9-12 and then move to AoA for 6 nights Nov. 12-18. Cost a little more but so worth it for the best of both experiences.

So that's Nov. 9-12 POR & Nov. 12-18 AoA

Only thing is they had to split our dining plan and tickets. Little worried about that's going to work. Will the first dining plan expire on Monday night? How many credits would we have to use before that? We're doing the QS so no ADR's for us.

Sorry so many ?s I'm just trying to get this (turning out to be very complicated) vacation straight.

I will change your dates:)

I need ideas. We are going to the world on Monday November 12. We will arrive around 1:00 pm. We are planning on going to DTD then over to the Poly to watch the fireworks from the beach. It is a party night at MK. I am trying to decide what to do for dinner. Just 2 adults. We both love characters and I am very picky. Buffets are always a good option because I can eat off the kids menu. Any ideas for us. :confused3

Thanks in advance guys. Can't believe I make my ADR's in one week. :yay:

well you could go to the GF and go to 19oo PF its a buffet/character meal. Thats the closest to the Poly that I can think of. Its good too! We love it!

I don't think I asked this in my first post on this thread...so can we please be added to the list?:)

We check in to AoA on November 2nd and will be staying till Nov 7th.

Thanks!

Sure! :welcome: I will add you!!!

Okay just joined up and I already have a question for you all! I've been sitting here on and off all day trying to figure out a schedule. Before I always had TGM but this time I thought I'd be able to figure it out myself! I thought I did too, but I've checked the WDWEasy site and nope, I've got it all wrong :confused3! I checked park hours first and thought of EMH hours and when to do them and when to avoid those parks but, yeah.

I used TP and thought I had everything figured out til I checked easywdw and found out there was gonna be the parade taping! :faint: I had to switch my vaca totally around! So instead of 2 full days at MK we will have MVMCP, then a full day, then a morning so I guess just about the same time but just broken up. I always look at a few diff sites and write down side by side which dates are good for what park. Then choose

Thank you! I had forgotten about mousesavers! I see pretty generic dates, however for the fall free dining. Unless I'm not seeing it clearly, it shows variations of this date range: 10/1/11-12/15/11. I decided to google it and got more clarifying dates - which is exactly what I remembered happening for my last trip.

The dates I found were for the fall 2011: Oct 1-6, Oct 22-Nov 3, Nov 12-17, Nov 26-Dec 1, and Dec 10-15.

We checked in on Nov 12th last year which was perfect (I knew it was close) so based on those historical dates and my timeframe for 2012 being Nov 1-12, we'd need to stick with the first part of the month and Nov 1-6 to be closer to free dining dates. Hmm...so much to consider :)

Thanks again! ;)
Heather

Yes you are correct. The dates may differ a little bit this year because so many things are going on the first part of Nov. -end of F&W, Festival of the Masters, Marathon, and Jersey week/Veterans day. I believe they will still offer it....question is when :hyper: I cant wait to find out!

Unless I'm reading it wrong, it seems they are about 2 months ahead of schedule based on the 2011 date announcements. It says the August/Sept free dining wasn't announced until May last year. This year, it was announced in March! So, that Late May, Early June thing might have more legs!

What a nice home you all have here :)

Forgive me upfront :goodvibes I've only skimmed a few pages on my lunch break but I knew this was the place to ask. I can't remember what the free dining dates were for last year - or can't put my finger on it yet. I'm sure one of you lovely November tripper's has that info? My DH just mentioned today he might like to consider going and my DS does have a day here and there off from school. I actually did my first girls only trip last year, the week before Thanksgiving and we did get free dining but I remember the check in or check out date being really close. It would appear looking at the school calendar we would be looking between 11/1 and 11/13 and likely staying 5 nights.

I sincerely appreciate it! ;)

Thanks,
Heather

See my post #614 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter