• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

November 2012 Trip planners #4~almost Disney time! Everyone welcome!

Mickey Mail came today!!! Whoop! Whoop! 34 days of waiting left, but somehow it just feels closer now!:banana:

a while back someone had mentioned some sites that they used to do mystery shops or something like that to get extra $. Anyone remember what those were?

hows everyone doing this afternoon? what is left on everyones to do list?

I am behind on my to do list. We've been under the weather here for almost 2 weeks. I need to finish my window decorations--not much left to do there but wrap up odds and ends. I need to spray paint my mickey head ornaments and attach hooks to those. I am normally one to be done ahead of time, so I'm feeling the pressure! I'm looking forward to getting my Mickey Mail, but am worried about the kids seeing it before I do (and revealing the surprise). It will be a relief when it gets here and I do not have to worry about that anymore. I still need one more poncho. I hope to check that off my list tomorrow.

I know today is only Thursday, but I wanted to wish an early Happy Friday to all!

dillydilly said:
I am behind on my to do list. We've been under the weather here for almost 2 weeks. I need to finish my window decorations--not much left to do there but wrap up odds and ends. I need to spray paint my mickey head ornaments and attach hooks to those. I am normally one to be done ahead of time, so I'm feeling the pressure! I'm looking forward to getting my Mickey Mail, but am worried about the kids seeing it before I do (and revealing the surprise). It will be a relief when it gets here and I do not have to worry about that anymore. I still need one more poncho. I hope to check that off my list tomorrow.

I know today is only Thursday, but I wanted to wish an early Happy Friday to all!

Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. At least you got some things done!

Today we actually got a few things. We got the kids some Disney shirts, glow sticks, videos for the ride, and a couple games for the ride. Happy just to have some things bought. I told DH we should start making our packing list while things are still fresh in our minds. Enjoy the rest of your planning!

We'll be at the Poly at the same time! My DS is 10 and my DD is 12. We have 2 character meals planned. 'Ohana on the 15th and Lunch at Tuskers on the 16th. My kids are getting old enough that the characters are not such a big deal. Our last trip was when DS was 4 and DD was 6. It was a BIG deal that trip.

My opinion is if you're going to sit down for the meals, then why not have the characters there ?!? Especially with your little one.

Good luck! We might bump into you at the pool :)

Thanks. Hope to see you there. We were thinking of doing Disney last year but thought our youngest was too young. Now he's 3 1/2 so I'm hoping it will still be as magical for our older son.

I sooooooo love my conceirge at akl already. She is going to set up package I send in room as if from Mickey, made and changed ton of rezies :genie: l

45 days for us :cool1: I actually got the suitcases out and started packing. Since its cold here I could match t-shirts to shorts and pack whole outfits. So excited!

[/COLOR

We are from Boston and are flying in nov 8 late. We are staying at akl and are dvc members. We leave on the 16th. We have fantastic fri, cinderellas table and bibbidi bop pity boutique on sat (trying to reschedule tho cuz crowd prediction is a 9 out of 10). We do the sunrise safari on Sunday and the safari at akl on thurs. also trying to go to dis outlets and sea world.....am going w dd 10 ds 6 and dh. I have 2 meals a day scdeduled every day so think I went overboard. Thanks for the feedback on coolers! Any feedback on groceries? How many days do people generally do each park?:goodvibes

We are using garden grocer this year. I've read good things about them but have not used them myself. We usually do 2 days at mk, 2 days at epcot, 1 day at dhs, 1 day at ak. We are staying longer this trip so we will do more days at mk.

We will be staying at the Poly Nov 14-18th. We have ADRs at 'Ohana, Crystal Palace and Chef Mickey's. Is that too many character meals for our short stay? This is our first family trip to Disney World, our boys are 10 and 3.

We love character meals!!

Hope everyone is feeling better.

So I'm planning a trip for 10 (2 families) and the other family has let me have complete control over the ADRs, with the one exception of requesting a Coral Reef dinner. I got a facebook message last ngiht saying I can drop Coral Reef in favor of something else since we are also doign the Cape May Clam Bake.

There's nothing available that looks great to me right now.

What are the chances of getting a good ressie (I'd LOVE Ohana) while we are there? Do I just keep checking online or call the restaurant directly the day of?

disney mom of 6 said:
45 days for us :cool1: I actually got the suitcases out and started packing. Since its cold here I could match t-shirts to shorts and pack whole outfits. So excited!

Omg me too! We all have to match for pics! I have thing 1 and 2 and 3 for dd ds and dh and having a mother of all things t made. Also going to do tie dye and have 4 iron ons made of a plane w Mickey ears for plane ride!!!! Soooo many mouse issues

5 weeks until we leave. :cool1: Our official arrival is 36 days out. 34 days seems to be the magic number for MM, but for us that is on Sunday, so I'm guessing either tomorrow or Monday for our MM to arrive. The wife is finally starting to get excited as we're getting closer. The next month is pretty much booked solid with stuff so it is going to go by quick.

Hope everyone has a great Friday!

Crazy question. We've received 2 sets of ME tags now but nothing from the resort. We have the package with dining and tickets. Should I be expecting more mail?

Hi Everyone!

Thanks for this thread, we are really looking forward to our Nov. trip!

BUT....I'm confused.....we are arriving on Nov 10th staying at POR until the 18th. We aren't planning to hit the parks until the 12th due to the crazy crowds that weekend. (I'm aware of all the activity going on that weekend, F&W, Veteran's Day,Jersey week, Golf tourney,etc.)

According to touringplans and easywdw, crowds look light/moderate most of the week. But, I was playing around on the WDW online reservation site and noticed all the resorts are booked, even mid-week. I asked a CM, but she had no information except that the resorts were full. Should we expect the parks to be packed? We often visit this time of year and the parks have been very manageable (never empty, but nice) .

Does anyone, maybe a CM reading this, have an explanation. There are even rooms available over Thanksgiving week still available and the parks are crazy full those days.

Thanks for any information

Crazy question. We've received 2 sets of ME tags now but nothing from the resort. We have the package with dining and tickets. Should I be expecting more mail?

My luggage and resort packages came separately. I got my Me tags via UPS and my resort package came regular mail about 2-3 days later.

My luggage and resort packages came separately. I got my Me tags via UPS and my resort package came regular mail about 2-3 days later.

Thanks. I got our Me tags by UPS last Friday and this Tuesday. I was wondering if that was all I should expect since we're in Canada but I see you are too. Hopefully the rest comes on Monday. If not I'll call Disney.

this is one of the big things i was wishing for..i really really want to see new fantasyland. didnt get free dining,missed be our guest so i hope this happens for us

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter