November 2012 Trip planners #4~almost Disney time! Everyone welcome!

Discussion in 'Disney Discount Codes and Rates' started by mommyof3princess27, Aug 13, 2012.

1. mrsap

mrsap DW '86, '04, '05, '06, '10, '12, '13, '14, stb '15

So great to hear you had a great time!!! Thanks for sharing your trip with us!!!

Can I ask, how did you like the food & character interaction at Chef Mickeys? I've read mixed reviews. Thanks!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. MomTo3PrincessesInNJ

MomTo3PrincessesInNJ Mouseketeer

I thought the food was good, and so were the characters. My girls prefer the princesses to the other characters, but still wanted their autographs, so it was well worth it. I liked that you could just hop on the monorail after, too.

4. peachygreen

peachygreen DIS Veteran

With 4 day to go before we leave - I actually finished everything on my list! I counted it up last night when I was done. This is a 9 day trip. I made 11 dresses, 9 skirts and 19 tee-shirts. 1 dress and 1 skirt are for my neice. 3 Tees are for my nephew. 2 tees are for my neice and 2 tees (1 each) for the older neices. The rest for my 2 girls.

Here is the stash laid out last night on the bed.
    [​IMG]
    IMG_6255 by peachygreen2010, on Flickr

And the last 2 outfits. My youngest sort of modeled my first Lauren Dress. I really like how this came out with the elastic casing in the back. She was twirlling too much so it was hard to get a good picture.
    [​IMG]
    IMG_6251 by peachygreen2010, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    IMG_6245 by peachygreen2010, on Flickr

And the girls modeled their Perry Tee's and World Skirts this morning for me.
    [​IMG]
    IMG_6257 by peachygreen2010, on Flickr

Please forgive the mess. I got the house straightend up today finally.

I can't wait for Thursday!

5. nmills

nmills Mouseketeer

9 days for us!!! Finished all of our sewing this weekend which is a huge relief, I can breathe now. I have most of my little ones clothes set aside and just have to hit target to pick up a few little things we need. Here is my attempt to post some images....

This is my awesome camera strap that I am beyond in love with!!
    [​IMG]

This is a bad awful cell phone picture of our shirts.... I am pretty proud of them, even though they are not that special, unique or perfect I think they turned out good..
    [​IMG]

This is a shirt I made for my son, I couldn't afford to buy offline so I tried to make it myself and its not perfect but it is my favorite....
    [​IMG]

Sorry for the awful cell phone pictures, but it's all I have right now my mom has all the shirts with her so I couldn't retake them until I see her and I am soo excited I wanted to share.

My mom made my daughter a Minnie inspired dress and finished that today and when I put the finishing touches on tomorrow I will share as well, I want to post the picture with my DD awesome chunky bead Minnie necklace... Everyone leaving this week have a great time!!

6. nmills

nmills Mouseketeer

I love the holiday dress!!! So stinkin cute! (So are your little ones!) you have been very busy, I am glad I didn't have has much to do. I think it makes the trip extra special to have cute items that are made with love.

7. peachygreen

peachygreen DIS Veteran

I love that shirt you made for your son. Very cute! Great job. It is definately a relief to have it all finished. I'm jealous you did it with 9 days to go. LOL

Thanks. It was a lot of work, but it was fun too. I'm amazed to see how much improved my sewing skills are from my trip 4 years ago. It definately makes it special. The girls have fun helping me with the prep too. My 6 year old was so funny this morning when I showed her the world skirts (she hadn't seen it yet). "Mommy - where did you get this fabric. That is so cool. I love the Earths and the Recycle symbols". I'll enjoy it while she is still enthuastic about me sewing for her.

8. Divaofdisney

Divaofdisney Mouseketeer

Oh my goodness you all are so crafty and talented. I would never have enough no how or patience to sew and do all that. The outfits are just precious!! We leave Wed. and can't wait only 2 more days :cool1::cool1:

9. uscgmouse

uscgmouse Mouseketeer

One week from this moment and we will be in FLORIDA!!!!!:cheer2: I am hoping to get my last minute items this week and to get the house nice and clean. I hate coming home to a mess. I can't believe I have been counting down for 8 months and it is finally almost time to leave!

10. mrsap

That's good to know, thanks! We will be doing both Chef Mickeys and CRT so each child gets to see their favorites too. We didn't do autographs two years ago, but the again, DD was only 2, so we will try it this year. Hopefully she'll have fun with it!!

Leaving in 4 Days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to get in the car and just go!!! lol

11. codimouse

codimouse Over 45 Trips to Disney from San Antonio, Tx!

We leave and arrive in 5 days!!!!

Arrive the 17th and leave the 23rd. Only 1 ADR for Chef Mickeys on the 18 at 8am.

We are flying in and out of Tampa and staying at Windsor Palms. At $61 a night for 3 bedrooms I can't complain.

I've been sick and actually still in bed. I went to the ER yesterday and was diagnosed with a respiratory infection. Big YUCK! I have the suitcases out but not packed. I have so much to do this week. Kids school programs, work on Tuesday and Wednesday, Twilight on Thursday and housecleaning Friday. No time to be sick.

But 5 days!!! Woohoo

Sandi; sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

12. disneychic2

disneychic2 DIS Veteran

I forgot to scold you on the Disboutique thread about apologizing for your mess! With what you've achieved these past weeks in between traveling for work, and everything else on your plate, something had to give, right? You got the important things done and that's all that matters. Have a fantastic time at Disney!!!:cheer2: And don't forget to check in when you get back.

Yay for getting everything done! Good for you! Everything looks great. I hope you have a wonderful time and that the little ones get lots of comments on their clothes. Let us know how it went.:goodvibes

:cool1: Have a magical time!pixiedust:

:drive: Have a great trip!!!:thumbsup2

Ohhh, hope you feel better very soon! Have a magical trip!pixiedust:

13. disneychic2

disneychic2 DIS Veteran

I have great news! My daughter and her family are going to be able to make if for Thanksgiving after all!!! Our DSIL found out they are closing up at 2pm on Wednesday, so they can make the trip after all. I'm soooo excited!! AND my other DD and her family might be able to come too. We will know later today or tomorrow. I'm in heaven. All this and then a trip to Disney. What more could I ask for??party:

Have a great day everyone!:goodvibes

14. squirrel4569

squirrel4569 DIS Veteran

Yay! :yay: That's great news!

We have some good news here. I called Photopass this morning and they refunded us the $20 price cut on the Photopass Plus. We picked up Christmas dresses yesterday at Costco for the girls to wear. We packed a bag of goodies for the kids to have during the trip. Also, we came up with a plan for our family pictures. On Thanksgiving Day we have an ADR at 7pm for CRT. We're going to change into our "picture clothes" before we head to MK for dinner and get the Photopass people to take pictures of us in front of the Castle. It should be lit by then I would think and should make a great back drop for our pictures. Sunset is going to be around 5:30 so by 6pm we should have a great back drop.

To MomTo3PrincessesInNJ: Sounds like you had a great trip! We had the DxDP on our last trip and did a bunch of character meals and buffets last time but aren't doing it this time. Part of why we did it last time was our kids were smaller and we felt it would be good to have a break where they sat down out of the heat (we went in September last time) and see characters without waiting in a ton of lines for that. This time we're doing the regular DDP and will have breakfast in our room on all but 2 days. We'll do QS for lunches and TS for dinner. The only weird one we have is our F! reservation. That is at 3:45pm. We're having breakfast at Play and Dine so we may have F! as a late lunch and then do a late QS dinner.

My wife is finally starting to get excited about it. She said last night that she's been avoiding getting excited because she didn't want to spoil the surprise. Plus we've had so many other distractions recently she had to focus on those things. It's all Disney for the next two weeks though! :cheer2:

15. aroundtheriverbend

aroundtheriverbend DIS Veteran

Oh, how wonderful! Congrats!

16. squirrel4569

squirrel4569 DIS Veteran

More good news! DD1 is now over 48 inches tall and DD2 is over 40 inches tall!

17. aroundtheriverbend

aroundtheriverbend DIS Veteran

Let the good times roll! :cool1: Those are HUGE ride milestones! My youngest just hit 48 inches in May - can now ride most of the big stuff as well as Harry Potter! That one caused a big old meltdown 2 years ago when son could ride and she couldn't. :sad2: Congrats!

18. bartleyosu

bartleyosu Ohio State Mouse Fan

We were there in December 2 years ago too. Had record breaking days of 32 degrees two days in a row! And the rest of the days were long pants and jackets. You could tell who was from up north and who were the southern people by how many clothes they were wearing! It was cold, but I think we weathered it a bit better than those not used to it. BTW, we're from the Akron area. Don't know where Republic is located. Is it near a larger city?

BAHAHA! Now that I can stop laughing, no Republic is a village that I actually live outside of. It is near Tiffin, hour south of Toledo. It is really small but that is what we like about it. That was the frozen Christmas we were at too, two years ago. I am taking a coat this time! have a great trip. We leave in 7 DAYS:cheer2:

19. Smileybug

Smileybug Some honey for my old tags back

Awww..... How wonderful for all of you!! :grouphug:

20. mrsap

Congrats so exciting!! It will be great!! Enjoy!!!

21. mommyof3princess27

mommyof3princess27 What we've got here is failure to communicate

Congrats to all the plans for Thanksgiving and family coming. 13 days !!!!!

Sent from Erin's iPhone using DISBoards